EPL- 2020/2021

Spring

Seems like Gareth Bale will be coming back to Spurs on loan with Real Madrid paying part of his pay. If it really comes through, got to give Daniel Levy credit.

RM really stupid cos they could have gotten rid of him the previous season to a Chinese team but they put a stop to it at the last minute which pissed off Bale who then went on to play punk with them by refusing to go on loan, negotiate pay-off etc but finally there seems to be an end to this saga which would be a mutually beneficial parting of ways.

I'm not sure if Bale is the player he was few years back but if he can produce some of that form, Spurs attack will be scary.....Bale, Kane and Son!

So @Jamesc, looks like JM is here to stay!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6
  • Haha! 1

So Thiago Alcantara looks like joining Pool afterall. Figure of 20mil in 4 instalments n add ons of 5 mil plus his wage of estimated 200k per week has been widely reported. He is a good MF with good range of passing, strong on the ball n good tackler as well.

Good signing and it's good that Pool finally took the plunge to add to their squad which is a must even for Champs. Man United under Fergie always refreshed their squad even after being crowned Champs. Talk though is that Gini W and Rhian Brewster will leave so all the more this signing is needed.

• Praise 6

Gini deserves the plaudits for all his endeavour, more so in the barca game where he was the game changer. 

I would prefer thiago over him and pool needed new signing to freshen up the team. 

Bobby should be rested and Mina to step up. There are simply too many games for one to play anyway. 

• Praise 3

4 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Gini deserves the plaudits for all his endeavour, more so in the barca game where he was the game changer. 

I would prefer thiago over him and pool needed new signing to freshen up the team. 

Bobby should be rested and Mina to step up. There are simply too many games for one to play anyway. 

Agreed and that's why I say Pool need a bigger squad n refreshing. Trouble with the Reds is that they got a very strong first X1 and perhaps 4-5 players of the same calibre as the first X1 n the rest of the squad made up of average players and youngsters. With 4 competitions to play, injuries and suspensions will take its toll for sure on a compressed season with no winter break.

Of course, this applies to all teams as well. Klopp's heavy metal pressing game doesn't help matters but Pool did have a longer rest than the other top teams as they were not involved in Europe nor FA Cup and also had a decent pre-season so this certainly helps. Big game this Sunday will go some way towards answering some of the questions.  

• Praise 5

Pool suddenly on spending spree. Jota to join from Wolves apparently. 

The fee is close to what Chelsea paid for Werner but I guess Jota’s fee is more flexible possibly with instalments n probably Jota wages lower.

That said, so much for the Reds n Klopp saying they were happy with their squad etc. which was a smokescreen. This is the correct approach as even Champs hv to refresh their squad.

Chelsea bought 6 players (I assume a goalie is coming) into their 1st team squad. If this Jota deal comes thru n with a likely addition of a central defender, it would mean 4 players in. Not far behind the Blues. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8749205/Liverpool-make-emphatic-statement-intent-retain-Premier-League-title-60m-spend.html

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Spring said:

Pool suddenly on spending spree. Jota to join from Wolves apparently. 

The fee is close to what Chelsea paid for Werner but I guess Jota’s fee is more flexible possibly with instalments n probably Jota wages lower.

That said, so much for the Reds n Klopp saying they were happy with their squad etc. which was a smokescreen. This is the correct approach as even Champs hv to refresh their squad.

Chelsea bought 6 players (I assume a goalie is coming) into their 1st team squad. If this Jota deal comes thru n with a likely addition of a central defender, it would mean 4 players in. Not far behind the Blues. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8749205/Liverpool-make-emphatic-statement-intent-retain-Premier-League-title-60m-spend.html

good buy with jota. proven in epl, -50m. and i alway feel pools weakest link is their striker. 

• Praise 2

On 9/17/2020 at 2:43 PM, Spring said:

Seems like Gareth Bale will be coming back to Spurs on loan with Real Madrid paying part of his pay. If it really comes through, got to give Daniel Levy credit.

RM really stupid cos they could have gotten rid of him the previous season to a Chinese team but they put a stop to it at the last minute which pissed off Bale who then went on to play punk with them by refusing to go on loan, negotiate pay-off etc but finally there seems to be an end to this saga which would be a mutually beneficial parting of ways.

I'm not sure if Bale is the player he was few years back but if he can produce some of that form, Spurs attack will be scary.....Bale, Kane and Son!

So @Jamesc, looks like JM is here to stay!

My colleague, a Spurs supporter, si bey angry...

Tottenham's medical team has reportedly confirmed that Gareth Bale will be sidelined for at least a month with an injury.

Last time Pool had Sturridge, who was good, but always injured. Now Bale takes over 😂

• Haha! 3

Leeds involved in another 7 goal thriller but this time ending on the right side of the scoreline. Everton, Palace n Gunners all recorded 2nd wins for a 100% record. 

Upset of the day is Man United’s 1-3 loss to Palace at OT. Ole under pressure already with the lack of signings n this defeat doesn’t help matters though their only new signing van de Beek scored. 

James proving to be a good buy by scoring n his left foot passes are a real peach. Like laser guided 👍

• Praise 4

6 minutes ago, Spring said:

Leeds involved in another 7 goal thriller but this time ending on the right side of the scoreline. Everton, Palace n Gunners all recorded 2nd wins for a 100% record. 

Upset of the day is Man United’s 1-3 loss to Palace at OT. Ole under pressure already with the lack of signings n this defeat doesn’t help matters though their only new signing van de Beek scored. 

James proving to be a good buy by scoring n his left foot passes are a real peach. Like laser guided 👍

Because they kam lan, until now still dunno they need to improve defence. Palace just toyed with MU like what a killer whale do to a seal before he eats it. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Spring said:

leeds first goal damn power.

but they give away 3pen in 2 games. dun know what to say .

manu play damn lousy lol.

man u sq already very big, i dun think they need signing loh. i dun know why matic didnt play. last season also, matic going into first 11 is 1 key point to their good run 

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, Yeshe said:

Because they kam lan, until now still dunno they need to improve defence. Palace just toyed with MU like what a killer whale do to a seal before he eats it. 

I think United knows they need defenders but just that they can’t find a right fit.

Koulibaly the obvious candidate but price n age against him. Upmecano was a choice till he extended his contract at Leipzig. The Ath Madrid defender Gimenez has also been mentioned but again he is very expensive. 

United spent too much time pursuing Sancho which has so far been fruitless till they lost track of other targets? Can’t be, right? As I’m sure they have the resources both in $ n personnel to approach various targets simultaneously. Still got a few weeks to go in tfr window so they might yet get some good buys in. 

• Praise 4

Unconvincing win for spurs over southampton.

Son and kane 11 out of 10. These 2 destroyed them with goals and super assists.

Defence shaky. Lloris super

Winks bei kan. Holberg also bei sai.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Spurman said:

Unconvincing win for spurs over southampton.

Son and kane 11 out of 10. These 2 destroyed them with goals and super assists.

Defence shaky. Lloris super

Winks bei kan. Holberg also bei sai.

saints never learn the lessons. their line push so high, son keep busting and break their off side. after 2 goals they still dun change, and they pay for it.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

11 hours ago, Beregond said:

stupid red card from chelsea. can go sleep early..........

Pool showed why they are Champs by outplaying Chelsea. No doubt up to the red card, it was still scoreless, I doubt if Chelsea could hv held out for the full 90mins. Kai Havertz had another quiet game n was withdrawn at HT for a CB to replace Christensen. 

Thiago Alcantara showed the difference between an experienced player coming to EPL for the first time vs an inexperienced player also coming to EPL for the first time in Havertz who was so tentative. Timo Werner I believe will do well as he is so quick and tireless and was all over the place. Fabinho also deserves praise for being an emergency CB due to Pool's injury problems.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6