Parliament debate 2020/2021

Yewheng

Turbocharged
13 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

i watch a bit that MOM Minister said that dependent pass must also apply work pass on their own in order to work

but this changes only made recently leh ... isn't it?

last time dependent pass anyhow can work, no?

2021-07-06_234737.jpg

Yes, only recently.

This loophole has been around for ages.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged
18 minutes ago, Kopites said:

What do you meant colour?

Anyway I find it is ok donning the costume (head dress) of another religion. Just that cum the mask itself don't really know how to make it... hilarious? 😄

aiyah last time always get pinched very hard and have to quickly say what color is the turban. even my sikh friends some ok with this joke some not ok. the ok ones pinch you even harder sia.

im surprised it is not pink

• Haha! 2

Twincharged
(edited)

After listening to oyk and tsl ministerial statement yesterday and also hsk coming out to say he spent 3 years just to come into agreement with India on FTA, and also PSP questions. 

I think we need to ask ourself, do we really think that without CECA we will be better off or worst off in terms on jobs/salaries and etc? Instead of talking about too many Indians in Singapore or what. Coz if with CECA is better off, then many people life improved. So that's good news what, all the rest people can adjust and adept right? Aren't people want led a better life? 

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

if EP holders are bringing economic value, then they should not bring their whole villages here (long term visitor pass and dependant pass)

what values do these 2 pass holders bring to Singapore's economy? (70+yo parents, homemaker wives, young kids)

dun say it's kinship since EP holders are supposed to be transient

want to talk about money, we will focus on money

• Praise 4

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Yewheng said:

After listening to oyk and tsl ministerial statement yesterday and also hsk coming out to say he spent 3 years just to come into agreement with India on FTA, and also PSP questions. 

I think we need to ask ourself, do we really think that without CECA we will be better off or worst off in terms on jobs/salaries and etc? Instead of talking about too many Indians in Singapore or what. Coz if with CECA is better off, then many people life improved. So that's good news what, all the rest people can adjust and adept right? Aren't people want led a better life? 

So with so many of them here, your life is better with driving grab and fetching them? 

Why is the CECA singled out and so detested when we have so many free trade agreements? Just need to ask ourselves this.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

Twincharged

In my morning brief, an update.

Since we are dealing with livelihood of our ordinary citizens we should discuss in a non partisan manner and not to be emotional.

The take home should be the following:

1. if you don't provide hard data (excuse being sensitivity of data) and how do you not expect anyone from making second guesses? would then it be fair to accuse them of making false allegations?

2. the ground sentiment which is reality is different from what is express in parliament? Is there a disparity in the the two groups expectation or priorities?

3. why the need for this prelude session and not have a proper debate on live television with all data (except labelled secret) be made available for the public before hand so that the public can follow the debate without needing to go back after the debate to check or confirm? 

4. Why bring in FTA and CECA in together and lump them together while the issue is predominantly CECA.

Lets hope the coming debate would clear the air and not make things more confusing. Sweeping issues under the carpet would not be ideal because the population is more enquiring and learnt today than yesterday.

• Praise 3

Twincharged

Today's ST really full force. 

Is it really doesn't look that fantastic for trade on a year on year or am I wrong?

But... when it comes to investment,  61B vs 29B, how did ordinary singaporeans benefit? 

Did double the number of singaporeans found jobs in India vs the cecas who came?

This kind of statistics is so superficial that it can mean anything. 

20210707_075858.jpg

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

So with so many of them here, your life is better with driving grab and fetching them? 

Why is the CECA singled out and so detested when we have so many free trade agreements? Just need to ask ourselves this.

Driving grab is actually my choice. I don't know about others.. 

I think this is explained by tsl, more Indians is as a result of more IT and finance jobs here, not because of result CECA, coz naturally there is more of such talent in Indian, so not just Singapore but all over the world would expect more of it. Like many said Indians are experts in maths. Even without CECA, maybe the situation now is wa so many Indians, become wa so many an mohs or what, Coz end up still need to hire good talent. If no CECA, less businesses setup here and end up less good jobs created to singaporans. 

Also India population is very huge, and many Indians have to go overseas to improve their standard of living, so naturally more will be everywhere in the world not just in sg. Just like say 10 to 20 yrs also, we also complained wa so many Prc here in Singapore. It's the same concept, China population is very huge so naturally there will have higher number coming in. But nowadays China has developed so fast that a lot of China do not need to go overseas to improve their standard if living as now in china they have good jobs there. So where is the complaint of wa so many Prc now?

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Driving grab is actually my choice. I don't know about others.. 

What were you doing before driving grab?

Many others are laid off and they have no choice but to drive grab. After a while, they are used to the flexible timing and just continue driving. 

I have driven Uber before and I can say it’s never a career choice.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 4

1 hour ago, Yewheng said:

Too much of a good thing can become a bad thing, which is what it is with too many Indians here dominating certain professions and career sectors. CECA may have started with the best intentions for both countries, but it's clear we have much more of them coming in to seek a better life abroad, while we have much less of ours going over to make it big. 

At the end of the day, it is the sole responsibility of the PAP to ensure they don't encroach and dominate that few career sectors. Surely there has to be balance and the lack of it, along with the blatant denial of the current situation are pissing people off.

• Praise 7

Hypersonic
6 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

So good riddance then? 🤭

Maybe he’s taking one for the team…haha.

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
8 hours ago, Nolicense said:

bayee what color?!😅

English some people don’t understand. Must say Bayee Simi Sek…

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
8 hours ago, Wt_know said:

i watch a bit that MOM Minister said that dependent pass must also apply work pass on their own in order to work

but this changes only made recently leh ... isn't it?

last time dependent pass anyhow can work, no?

2021-07-06_234737.jpg

They definitely screwed up big time for a very very long time. 

I suspect part of the reason they chose now to talk is to use the maximum Corona effect to say.. "see... not many of them here at our expense la..".. get ready for take off again. 

ST pgA4 they say from 2005 to 2020  "local" PME grew by 380k. Vs 112000 EP.

First of what's the definition of "local"? In that period I've personally seen the ceca take over the IT industry. 

We've all seen local professionals go to Grab,  property agents,  etc and dropped off the data. Makes me suspect the numbers.

I dearly want to belive... but if I were evaluating a proposal,  this is just full of red lines. 

The agreement they are quoting does not gel with those screen shot by critical observers... perhaps it's just another case of doing last minute changes to claim credit and deflect blame. 

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
11 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Too much of a good thing can become a bad thing, which is what it is with too many Indians here dominating certain professions and career sectors. CECA may have started with the best intentions for both countries, but it's clear we have much more of them coming in to seek a better life abroad, while we have much less of ours going over to make it big. 

At the end of the day, it is the sole responsibility of the PAP to ensure they don't encroach and dominate that few career sectors. Surely there has to be balance and the lack of it, along with the blatant denial of the current situation are pissing people off.

I remember when banking finance and IT were touted as critical strategic sectors... doesn't look like it now.

Telling locals no need degree .. then 180 turn and locals not qualified. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

11 hours ago, Kopites said:

How many converted to PR? How may daily cases reported as PR citizen?

yes, we need to look at EP and EP converted into PR, yearly and cumulative numbers to see the whole picture.

i still think there is a reason why they don't want to disclose the PR by nationality numbers. [lipsrsealed]

12 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

yup, GY and HSK were the ones tasked with CECA.

• Praise 1

@Yewheng I never believe you are a grab driver. You are a clone account of an IB here. 

And there are many such accounts here. Each one is supposed to have his own "personality" to give a misleading impression to others here.

Anyway, just to let you know.. I have very very low opinion of people doing such a job (not grab). 

I will end my life if i ever need to make a living (not grab) this way.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 7