Parliament debate 2020/2021

Yewheng

26 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Driving grab is actually my choice. I don't know about others.. 

its your choice because there is no other better choice?

do u do grab as a main job to provide income?

or like some ppl i know,  they dun need the income, they do grab to keep themself occupy and pass time.

if now a 9-5 office job come along with better pay then your current grab give u . will u switch??

↡ Advertisement

11 minutes ago, Blueray said:

yes, we need to look at EP and EP converted into PR, yearly and cumulative numbers to see the whole picture.

i still think there is a reason why they don't want to disclose the PR by nationality numbers. [lipsrsealed]

yup, GY and HSK were the ones tasked with CECA.

No biggie as long as there are still 60% hold belief in them.

• Sad 1

Twincharged
2 minutes ago, Beregond said:

its your choice because there is no other better choice?

do u do grab as a main job to provide income?

or like some ppl i know,  they dun need the income, they do grab to keep themself occupy and pass time.

if now a 9-5 office job come along with better pay then your current grab give u . will u switch??

Nope, I previously was in navy, don't like the lifestyle there quit job, joined Prudential as insurance agent cannot make it quit job. Drive grab and find that it suits my lifestyle so drive till now.

So not everyone drive grab because is no other choice but is own individual decision based on what a person want. Of coz there are many that is really no choice but to drive grab. So yeah..

• Praise 4

1 minute ago, Yewheng said:

Nope, I previously was in navy, don't like the lifestyle there quit job, joined Prudential as insurance agent cannot make it quit job. Drive grab and find that it suits my lifestyle so drive till now.

So not everyone drive grab because is no other choice but is own individual decision based on what a person want. Of coz there are many that is really no choice but to drive grab. So yeah..

say if now a 9-5 office job come along with better pay then your current grab give u . will u switch??

with less work hour , mc ,leaves other benefits , year end bonus, and 30% higher pay .

u also dun want to switch??👍

• Praise 2

Twincharged
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Beregond said:

say if now a 9-5 office job come along with better pay then your current grab give u . will u switch??

with less work hour , mc ,leaves other benefits , year end bonus, and 30% higher pay .

u also dun want to switch??👍

Nope.. I will still drive grab.. I like the flexibility of when I like to drive, rest day, no one to report, own time own target and etc.

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

33 minutes ago, Playtime said:

I remember when banking finance and IT were touted as critical strategic sectors... doesn't look like it now.

Telling locals no need degree .. then 180 turn and locals not qualified. 

Now encouraging locals go become hawkers to preserve their Hawker Culture UNESCO status, but need Diploma in Hawker-ing. 

They had no idea how absurd they sounded in their priorities.  

The only thing they understand is another loss at the polls in 4 years time. 

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 5

Twincharged
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

@Yewheng I never believe you are a grab driver. You are a clone account of an IB here. 

And there are many such accounts here. Each one is supposed to have his own "personality" to give a misleading impression to others here.

Anyway, just to let you know.. I have very very low opinion of people doing such a job (not grab). 

I will end my life if i ever need to make a living (not grab) this way.

This is what it is, what I am saying is the truth. Drive grab is my full time job. If you don't believe, then so be it. 

Anyway it's all individuals choice.. like me, I choose grab over my preference.. like I mentioned above.

So each individual is unique in a way.. everyone think differently, that's okay.

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Nope.. I will still drive grab.. I like the flexibility of when I like to drive, rest day, no one to report, own time own target and etc.

No CPF too.

Its a gig economy job after all.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
11 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Now encouraging locals go become hawkers to preserve their Hawker Culture UNESCO status, but need Diploma in Hawker-ing. 

They had no idea how absurd they sounded in their priorities.  

The only thing they understand is another loss at the polls in 4 years time. 

there are many indian food stalls in CBP. i hope those are sgp workers. or is it most FnB chains hires WP?

seems even preserve hawker culture the locals need diploma. but oh wait, FnB WP holders dont need to have diploma

i find it so ridiculous to do this to locals. 

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

there are many indian food stalls in CBP. i hope those are sgp workers. or is it most FnB chains hires WP?

seems even preserve hawker culture the locals need diploma. but oh wait, FnB WP holders dont need to have diploma

Just curious for those tray returning ambassador does it need any as academic qualification?

Our well known table wiper can apply!😄 Don't need to polish his rolex daily to pass times.

Edited by Kopites
  • Haha! 7

Turbocharged
6 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Just curious for those tray returning ambassador does it need any as academic qualification?

Our well known table wiper can apply!😄 Don't need to polish his rolex daily to pass times.

i thought i saw NEA report tell contractor to stop putting up job adverts.. you saw the wage rate for degree and non degree i hope?

anyway lately i dont see much SDA lately. could be going through job retraining... lol

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

The Diploma in Hawker-ing is optional, but the gist of it is still about encouraging locals to take up hawkering as a viable career. They call it Hawkerpreneurship for fark's sake...

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/environment/new-work-study-programme-for-young-aspiring-hawkers

https://www.nea.gov.sg/our-services/hawker-management/programmes-and-grants/hawkers-development-programme

I have nothing against being a hawker, it's an honest living and a back breaking job, most definitely not for the non-committed. 

But that's beside the point. On one hand, they are saying locals aren't qualified enough for IT and Banking roles, on the other, they are whisking the youngsters to explore being a hawker. Did our NUS/NTU/SMU education system fail? 

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 2

13 minutes ago, Kopites said:

I tink academic paper not enuf...also need a badge to show who one is representing when asked...otherwise, end up kena mata mata kopi for harassment...😁

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
59 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

@Yewheng I never believe you are a grab driver. You are a clone account of an IB here. 

And there are many such accounts here. Each one is supposed to have his own "personality" to give a misleading impression to others here.

Anyway, just to let you know.. I have very very low opinion of people doing such a job (not grab). 

I will end my life if i ever need to make a living (not grab) this way.

Actually I think he is legit...ly brainwashed by some rightwing websites. many familiar ideas (originate from there) that he throw around without understanding

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
10 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

The Diploma in Hawker-ing is optional, but the gist of it is still about encouraging locals to take up hawkering as a viable career. They call it Hawkerpreneurship for fark's sake...

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/environment/new-work-study-programme-for-young-aspiring-hawkers

https://www.nea.gov.sg/our-services/hawker-management/programmes-and-grants/hawkers-development-programme

I have nothing against being a hawker, it's an honest living and a back breaking job, most definitely not for the non-committed. 

But that's beside the point. On one hand, they are saying locals aren't qualified enough for IT and Banking roles, on the other, they are whisking the youngsters to explore being a hawker. Did our NUS/NTU/SMU education system fail? 

my friend worked as recruiter.. he say all the non related easy degree indians working in citi bank lah what bank in india.. then recruit come sg become VPs.. head of whatever.. that was more than 20 years ago. god knows what they do now

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Yewheng said:

Driving grab is actually my choice. I don't know about others.. 

I think this is explained by tsl, more Indians is as a result of more IT and finance jobs here, not because of result CECA, coz naturally there is more of such talent in Indian, so not just Singapore but all over the world would expect more of it. Like many said Indians are experts in maths. Even without CECA, maybe the situation now is wa so many Indians, become wa so many an mohs or what, Coz end up still need to hire good talent. If no CECA, less businesses setup here and end up less good jobs created to singaporans. 

Also India population is very huge, and many Indians have to go overseas to improve their standard of living, so naturally more will be everywhere in the world not just in sg. Just like say 10 to 20 yrs also, we also complained wa so many Prc here in Singapore. It's the same concept, China population is very huge so naturally there will have higher number coming in. But nowadays China has developed so fast that a lot of China do not need to go overseas to improve their standard if living as now in china they have good jobs there. So where is the complaint of wa so many Prc now?

IT sector, maybe would understand that Indian would dominate (but I still feel what have our Uni been doing, every year top 10 but cannot generate IT professionals?...are we investing correctly) but for Finance sector for Indians to dominate?? I think this need further breakdown, what is meant by Finance sector? Banking, Call centre, Accounting, Treasury, investments...i think Singaporeans fit well in this group...lots of investment bankers role that we can fit in as well as Accounting profession. So if Indians are coming in to take away these finance roles as well then something is not right!!

just my 2 cents...[laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6