Parliament debate 2020/2021

Yewheng

Should discuss this in parliament next time

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/politics/spores-total-population-falls-41-to-545-million-as-covid-19-hits-foreign

S'pore's total population falls 4.1% to 5.45 million as Covid-19 hits foreign workforce numbers

jopop28-ol-online-210928-populationstats

So PR+Non-residents = 1.96M

Core Citizens = 3.5M (include naturalized)

About 36% is non-core citizens :slow:, ok?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Should discuss this in parliament next time

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/politics/spores-total-population-falls-41-to-545-million-as-covid-19-hits-foreign

S'pore's total population falls 4.1% to 5.45 million as Covid-19 hits foreign workforce numbers

jopop28-ol-online-210928-populationstats

So PR+Non-residents = 1.96M

Core Citizens = 3.5M (include naturalized)

About 36% is non-core citizens :slow:, ok?

those new pr and citizen probably run road already. initially a lot run back to kampong then find there is worse. so many run back sgp.

i think those that run and dont return are the richer one lah.. come here they cannot spend money and hide on yacht in pigini and party. see sgp catch the notty ang moh that time. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

17 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

those new pr and citizen probably run road already. initially a lot run back to kampong then find there is worse. so many run back sgp.

i think those that run and dont return are the richer one lah.. come here they cannot spend money and hide on yacht in pigini and party. see sgp catch the notty ang moh that time. 

Not surprise that those new PR and citizen run back to their country when the covid situation become bad in sg, or run back to sg when their country become bad and sg is good also.

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Not surprise that those new PR and citizen run back to their country when the covid situation become bad in sg, or run back to sg when their country become bad and sg is good also.

Regardless whether citizens is on the island, it is part of the population.

29 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

@Windwaver It has always been 3.5m citizens + 0.5m PR + 1.7m others.

What is worrying is net reduction in Citizens 

Reduction in citizens? Means citizens also run road?

47 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Reduction in citizens? Means citizens also run road?

Maybe CECA get citizenship THEN apply for other countries PR and later get citizenship. USA, OZ, UK, Canada.

Singapore just a stepping stone for them.

12 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Maybe CECA get citizenship THEN apply for other countries PR and later get citizenship. USA, OZ, UK, Canada.

Singapore just a stepping stone for them.

New citizens migrate to others country?! 🙄

13 hours ago, Freeder said:

Really shameless .. 

Nothing wrong with making sure their pay is benchmarked to the highest... I mean they just follow best practice... 🙄

• Haha! 1

14 hours ago, 13177 said:

New citizens migrate to others country?! 🙄

Why not? Easier to apply for PR at those countries with a Singapore passport than with a India passport.

That time when I went to activate my PR in Canada and for a holiday as well, I saw Indians with their big family there too taking the gondola. 🙄

Vancouver used to be the most livable city from 2004 to 2010. After that, it dropped. Hmmmmm….I wonder why.

• Praise 1

20 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Why not? Easier to apply for PR at those countries with a Singapore passport than with a India passport.

That time when I went to activate my PR in Canada and for a holiday as well, I saw Indians with their big family there too taking the gondola. 🙄

Vancouver used to be the most livable city from 2004 to 2010. After that, it dropped. Hmmmmm….I wonder why.

So true... during my last holiday,  noticed all the locations now flooded with Indian tourist.

Today while watching tv keep hearing got dogs barking loudly. I complained to my neighbor but he say his dog very well trained never anyhow bark leh. Very strange indeed.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 5