Parliament debate 2020/2021

Yewheng

On 10/15/2020 at 10:40 PM, Yewheng said:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3966745706675316&id=149672065049385

Pwm vs mimimum wage debate.. Both arguments are good.. Last but not least anyone know who is the mp that speak at the last 2 minutes? He is darn good, he explain things very clearly and sharp, he understands how business function. He has potential to be a good minister. Anyone know his name? 

You want this Edward Chia aka free rider in GRC to be a minister? Oh please. He’s not even willing to pay his workers $1300. 

I have never been to Timbre and I don’t think I ever will. Boy, am I glad I did that.

But maybe it’s good, pull PAP further down.

Edited by Fcw75
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4

If  PAP think it’s not OK for FULL-TIME low wage workers to get $1300 a month then taxpayers also think it’s not OK for PART-TIME MP to get $16000 a month. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 4

49 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

You want this Edward Chia aka free rider in GRC to be a minister? Oh please. He’s not even willing to pay his workers $1300. 

I have never been to Timbre and I don’t think I ever will. Boy, am I glad I did that.

But maybe it’s good, pull PAP further down.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158668132057964&id=6838402963

Check fact 1st. Don't assume.. 

(edited)
14 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

If  PAP think it’s not OK for FULL-TIME low wage workers to get $1300 a month then taxpayers also think it’s not OK for PART-TIME MP to get $16000 a month. 

Erm.. Why says government is not okay for low wage workers to get below 1.3k a month? Just that they knew the side effects of it.. Really any increase in wage need to be matched by productivity.. That's the key.. If government don't care, then there will not have pwm, there will not have union to push for wage increase with increased skillset.. 

Edited by Yewheng

10 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Erm.. Why says government is not okay for low wage workers to get below 1.3k a month? Just that they knew the side effects of it.. Really any increase in wage need to be matched by productivity.. That's the key.. If government don't care, then there will not have pwm, there will not have union to push for wage increase with increased skillset.. 

If someone is working in F&B 6 days a week from 11am to 10pm and yet cannot survive on $1,200, does it means that the person is not productive?  Maybe a replacement can do double the work in less time and ask for $2k?  That is the cock productivity theory you are talking about? 

• Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

If someone is working in F&B 6 days a week from 11am to 10pm and yet cannot survive on $1,200, does it means that the person is not productive?  Maybe a replacement can do double the work in less time and ask for $2k?  That is the cock productivity theory you are talking about? 

Im afraid that IS the driving ideology that now divides capital and labour in unequal societies like singapore .🙄

the national shame of 70 year olds squeezing out a "living" wiping tables is a shame that refuses to go away... i even have PRCs asking why like that .

singapore is at a tipping point wrt labour / capital relationship.... capital holds all the cards.

should have been dealt with much earlier.... instead of kicking it down the road and meeting corona....

• Praise 5

Edward tbh if compared to liang eh. Is like ermm geylang united vs manchester united analogy.

Hes lucky hes being parathuted into zhenghua where liang is so well liked.

Prob is hes surrounded by many por lampars and prob he is misguided liao.

2 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Oh, after what he said in parliament then suddenly come out with pay of $2000. Ok sure. 👏🏼

This not true. His company posted that ad in 2019 leh. B4 he embark on his part time mp career

• Praise 1

45 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

How do you measure productivity in F&B? You tell me. 

She does everything from cleaning table to preparing food to washing plates.

If govt had implemented minimum wage, the employer would have to pay her basic $1300 then.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 2

2 minutes ago, Spurman said:

This not true. His company posted that ad in 2019 leh. B4 he embark on his part time mp career

Oh ok. Then my mistake. I only saw it was posted 22 hrs ago.

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

How do you measure productivity in F&B? You tell me. 

She does everything from cleaning table to preparing food to washing plates.

If govt had implemented minimum wage, the employer would have to pay her basic $1300 then.

This one I really don't know.. But I feel the correct approach I feel should be to think of ways to reduce government regulations, reduce government. Coz ultimately it is cost of living that keep increasing that affect low wage workers the most right? So how does ever increasing regulations and bigger government help these low wage workers? In fact it make it worst by further increase business expenditure and ultimately end up pass down cost to consumers and then further increase in cost of living.. What we can control is government regulations and government size. What we can't control is external factors that increase cost of living. Implementing pwm I feel is solving part of the problem but not the root cause of the problem. Implementing mimimum wage I feel is not solving the problem but shift the problem and or make it worst. 

• Praise 1

59 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

How cum ministar celery increase no need productivity nor skill increase leh? In  fact I think both decrease.... 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 5

3 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

How cum ministar celery increase no need productivity nor skill increase leh? In  fact I think both decrease.... 

Compared to LKY, GKS and the pioneer generation, we are certainly getting less and paying a lot more. 😂

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

28 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Oh ok. Then my mistake. I only saw it was posted 22 hrs ago.

No worries man. Just trying to be objective here. Hehe. Non biased though. Hee.

• Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Spurman said:

Well said. Edward chis too standard n bizman reply.

And his ib making mockeries but not helping at all coz talk cock.

Louis's more steady. Pushing for correction.

If possible, do contribute some postings on their fb on what we feel about min wages thingy.

Coz the camp is probably "brainwashed" to deny min wage

Oh ya there is another part.. If can't reduce government regulations, at least keep think of ways how to simplify it and also another aspect is to keep a lookout on who is loobying government to their advantage and get rid of them.. These are the people that only end up benefit themselves at the expense of others most of which is linked to increase in cost of living. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1