Parliament debate 2020/2021

Yewheng

1 minute ago, Yewheng said:

I feel that in such bad time, reduce cpf contribution rate is to go until economy recovers. See that even mom come out and say they allow employers to pay cut before go into last resort which is retrenchment. So why not government also to help a little bit more by reducing employer to employee cpf consumption rate? 

In any case.. See this is what I mean everything also regulated, even to pay cut also need government to tell employers what to do. Even sacking of people also need to answer to mom. So much regulations. 

LOLZ

Govt is trying to reduce large scale unemployment by advising biz to take pay cut route. THAT IS NOT A RULE.

In term of retrenchment, we have 1 of the most relaxed rule. In other countries, it is so difficult that company choose to do VSS

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

(edited)
7 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

LOLZ

Govt is trying to reduce large scale unemployment by advising biz to take pay cut route. THAT IS NOT A RULE.

In term of retrenchment, we have 1 of the most relaxed rule. In other countries, it is so difficult that company choose to do VSS

Okay my mistake on the pay cut thing.. Maybe that's why Dyson ceo come set up hq here in sg. Then there is now hyundai electric car manufacture in sg soon, of coz there are other consideration like usa and China tensions that led companies to want to set up here for more of a neutral base and etc.. . However there is really a room for improvement, and see how much government control on what businesses can do and what businesses cannot do during this covid-19 period. Yes understand this period is covid-19 so government need to do it that way. However when going forward after covid-19 gets settled and back to normal, will government continue to have all these regulations in place or remove some or remove all? Worst is add on more regulations in view of covid-19 that happened and don't want a repeat of such things to happen? Think these are what businesses are thinking what about after covid-19 get settled down and what will government do in terms on regulations.. 

Edited by Yewheng

12 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

https://www.gov.sg/article/how-cpf-monies-are-invested

Not saying CPF money doesnt belong to the account holder but that the returns of it, part of it forms the govt revenue

https://www.straitstimes.com/multimedia/graphics/2020/02/singapore-budget-revenue-and-spending-breakdown-2020/index.html?shell

The revenue does not belongs govt.

It belongs to CPF

https://www.cpf.gov.sg/Assets/common/Documents/CPF_AnnualReport2019_Part2.pdf

3 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

This is a valid point, which will subject the PAP governance to external pressure in the future. They already kanna when the spotlight is on the dormitories during Covid-19's peak, I would think they will be more careful about anything related to FWs' welfare moving forward. 

Anyway no such thing as progressive wages here, only progressive taxes are a certainty. HSK saying 9% GST is a must by 2025 and Indranee saying 9% GST is to reduce burden on the future younger generation, anyone? :D

If we say progressive wage is the way to go, who gets to decides on the % increase? Is it the free market? 

The union's can claim they did their jobs and that resulted in a 20% wage increase of a cleaner's pay. Sounds fantastic, but in reality it could just be a $260 increase from a previous basic pay of $1,300. That is provided the cleaner is earning $1,300 now. 

Not 800 to 960 meh? Also 20%!

5 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Okay my mistake on the pay cut thing.. Maybe that's why Dyson ceo come set up hq here in sg. Then there is now hyundai electric car manufacture in sg soon, of coz there are other consideration like usa and China tensions that led companies to want to set up here for more of a neutral base and etc.. . However there is really a room for improvement, and see how much government control on what businesses can do and what businesses cannot do during this covid-19 period. Yes understand this period is covid-19 so government need to do it that way. However when going forward after covid-19 gets settled and back to normal, will government continue to have all these regulations in place or remove some or remove all? Worst is add on more regulations in view of covid-19 that happened and don't want a repeat of such things to happen? Think these are what businesses are thinking what about after covid-19 get settled down and what will government do in terms on regulations.. 

Can you list what regulations that needs to be removed?
Kam Siah🙏🏻

(edited)
11 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Can you list what regulations that needs to be removed?
Kam Siah🙏🏻

Like when employers sack people. If less then certain percentage.. Can don't report to mom? I mean they are free to sack people if say employers feel that this person is not doing the job or what.. 

Also the Internet regulation on mimimum speed Internet requirement on some businesses.. Then don't know is it every year or what someone will come and inspect to make sure the mimimum Internet speed is met? Common this one also need regulate? 

Now even toilet cleaning also need to regulate.. Those hawker centre that take up the grant for renovation of toilet after the renovation work gets done, they need to every month hire independent cleaning service to clean the toilet? Common.. Yes covid-19 is real, but then aren't these coffeeshop already had done their own cleaning way before and now need to hire independent cleaning service to clean.? So an additional cost.. I guess government feels that these coffeeshop and etc are not doing enough? Hire independent cleaning to clean = able to do a better job? Maybe yes maybe no.. But one thing certain, increase cost coz need to set aside money for that.. 

This one make it mandatory to hire independent cleaning contractor.. Make me relate to topic of loobying government to make money at expense of businesses and increase in cost. This one happen everywhere, I am not saying in Singapore, but government need to be super careful of that.. Coz there are always a lot of people wanted to lobby government position and then charge price high. Businesses have no choice but to take it up even if the charges is high coz it is compulsory. 

Edited by Yewheng

1 minute ago, Yewheng said:

Like when employers sack people. If less then certain percentage.. Can don't report to mom? I mean they are free to sack people if say employers feel that this person is not doing the job or what.. 

Also the Internet regulation on mimimum speed Internet requirement on some businesses.. Then don't know is it every year or what someone will come and inspect to make sure the mimimum Internet speed is met? Common this one also need regulate? 

I don’t think need to report to MOM for sacking employees except in the case of retrenchment.
Employers must show sufficient action taken to consult the relevant employee before termination.

Cannot suka suka fire wait Kenna sue until pants drop

Until now, you have not state what industry has minimum internet speed.

• Praise 1

36 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Doesn't the govt use our CPF to invest via GIC and the returns from the investments become part of the govt revenue?

So a cut in CPF = less investment = less returns = less revenue

Than higher tax to supplement the reduction of cpf fund.

Left / right also die....hahaha

6 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I don’t think need to report to MOM for sacking employees except in the case of retrenchment.
Employers must show sufficient action taken to consult the relevant employee before termination.

Cannot suka suka fire wait Kenna sue until pants drop

Until now, you have not state what industry has minimum internet speed.

I not too sure my friend coffeeshop talk. But I believe that if government really want to find out, they sure will know which businesses that even internet speed also regulate.. 

13 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

The revenue does not belongs govt.

It belongs to CPF

https://www.cpf.gov.sg/Assets/common/Documents/CPF_AnnualReport2019_Part2.pdf

You might be right but from the lay person point of view, it's like

CPF -> SSGS -> MAS funds -> investments

From CPF to SSGS nothing is invested and it's clear cut money is CPF but it gets vague from there onwards because its mixed with a lot of funds...

https://www.mof.gov.sg/policies/our-nation's-reserves/Section-IV-Is-our-CPF-money-safe-Can-the-Government-pay-all-its-debt-obligations

1 hour ago, Yewheng said:

I not too sure my friend coffeeshop talk. But I believe that if government really want to find out, they sure will know which businesses that even internet speed also regulate.. 

My biz internet take singtel. Forgot what speed liaom hehe. Coz they provide free installation. Which is a long installation.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Philipkee said:

You might be right but from the lay person point of view, it's like

CPF -> SSGS -> MAS funds -> investments

From CPF to SSGS nothing is invested and it's clear cut money is CPF but it gets vague from there onwards because its mixed with a lot of funds...

https://www.mof.gov.sg/policies/our-nation's-reserves/Section-IV-Is-our-CPF-money-safe-Can-the-Government-pay-all-its-debt-obligations

wah.... iirc... that one get too close only you will be destroyed.... may have to run to taiwan... he was the unappreciated hero who opened many peoples eyes... at least those that still has eyeballs.

• Shocked 1

https://www.onlinecitizenasia.com/2020/10/19/psps-leong-mun-wai-govt-should-use-national-wealth-to-groom-resilient-sporeans-not-on-flashy-mega-projects/

Like leong mun wai on this.. He is darn clever.. Ask the right questions and then ownself go and piece the puzzle together and find out as much as information towards how much total reserve singapore have. He is also very right on the point of should invest more in glooming resilient singapore instead of flashy maga projects. 

However it is quite disappointing that during the 1st parliament session he go and comment DBS CEO not being ‘homegrown’ and that anger DBS ceo and also Iswaran. I feel that once these people decide to convert to Singapore citizenship, we should treat them like one and as a Singaporeans like any other and should not divide out who is homegrown or who is not.. Coz end of the day once they convert to Singapore citizenship super high chance is rooted to Singapore all the way and even future generations ahead. Likewise for us Singaporeans we also free to choose to go other countries and convert to other countries citizenship right? Do we want to be in a situation say we go say UK and convert to UK citizenship and then UK people go and comment and divide out homegrown UK and not homegrown uk people? How will we feel? So it's the same concept.. 

46 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

I feel that once these people decide to convert to Singapore citizenship, we should treat them like one and as a Singaporeans like any other and should not divide out who is homegrown or who is not.. Coz end of the day once they convert to Singapore citizenship super high chance is rooted to Singapore all the way and even future generations ahead.

errr... just the haidilao and facebook guy.... they gave up their home born citizenship to come singapore.... who says they cannot leave here later..

your theory is untrue.... and just look at the number of local born singaporeans who leave....

but the dbs ceo could still be committed here.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Playtime said:

errr... just the haidilao and facebook guy.... they gave up their home born citizenship to come singapore.... who says they cannot leave here later..

your theory is untrue.... and just look at the number of local born singaporeans who leave....

but the dbs ceo could still be committed here.

I am not saying they can't leave later.. But once a person is committed to citizenship, there is high chance these people will want to be rooted to that country of the citizen. If not they can just continue to be PR why need to go through all the trouble to convert to citizenship? And singapore do not allow dual citizenship right? So that makes it such that this person has to make a decision.. 

27 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

I am not saying they can't leave later.. But once a person is committed to citizenship, there is high chance these people will want to be rooted to that country of the citizen. If not they can just continue to be PR why need to go through all the trouble to convert to citizenship? And singapore do not allow dual citizenship right? So that makes it such that this person has to make a decision.. 

You do know that some of those CECA folks get our citizenship and then our passport. THEN after a few years, they apply to be PR of countries like OZ, UK, US and Canada. Because they know that with their India passport, they ain’t going nowhere except Singapore that welcome them with open legs. 

• Praise 5

8 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Not possible, coz wp and pap ideology does not align with each other. Both parties have different concepts on how economy function. Koh poh koon choose pap is in pap path means more of less his ideology of economy, how things work and etc all should be in line with pap. If not pap would not even promote him to go contest and to be a MP less more to be a minister of state. Same goes to wp also ma. See all the wp conviction about mimimum wage is to go, so all there people ideology is all in line with what wp want what. So even if let's say this person is a very capable person outside in private and decide to want to join say wp. However when wp get to know him and found out that his ideology of economy, how things function greatly differs from what wp wanted. Then he will not be chosen to become an mp right? I think that also applies to Tcb, inderjit Singh.. Maybe at 1st their ideology is somewhat align with pap, however along the way their ideology start to differ from pap. So there is no way they could continue to stay in pap. 

It’s just a joke bro..chill.

I typed one sentence, you typed one whole long paragraph.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2