Parliament debate 2020/2021

Yewheng

9 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Ya lor.. Wtf man.. This one also need to bring up parliment to debate? This one is between employer and employee agreement lao leh. If employer just don't want employee to have 2nd job outside and this employee feel that he/she would like 2nd employment outside. Then this employee should decide for him or herself whether to join this company or find other company that allows him or her to take 2nd employment. So no need parliament debate to tell employer what to do what.. 

They thought they could micro-manage everything? How can it be? They are not working in that company, so how they know what's happening on the ground? Companies sure have reasons to make certain decisions, no need government step in and micro-manage and make things worst. They do not work in that company and yet want to have a say and micro-manage? Common.. 

Bros base on your point I would say ignorant rather than stupidity.

Think of wider picture. I work for a and go work for b the competitor. What kind of mess it going to create. Where are all the profession eithic conduct/rule life law? Throw them out of the window?

2 jobs don't feel secure...go for 3, 4?

The root cause is we letting too many "FT" not lack of job as availability!

Hell...with ....them....

Retarded! Stupid!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

7 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Bros base on your point I would say ignorant rather than stupidity.

Think of wider picture. I work for a and go work for b the competitor. What kind of mess it going to create. Where are all the profession eithic conduct/rule life law? Throw them out of the window?

2 jobs don't feel secure...go for 3, 4?

The root cause is we letting too many "FT" not lack of job as availability!

Hell...with ....them....

Retarded! Stupid!

Yes, but my point is the debate whether should allow companies to allow employee to take up 2nd job or perhaps 3rd job or what. It is already moving towards micro-managing. This is very dangerous as the government can never win the market, and what if government make the wrong decisions in micro-managing? It affects the whole wide range in that industry. However if individual company make wrong decision, it affect that company only. That is the key difference. 

Edited by Yewheng

54 minutes ago, Freeder said:

The main crux of the crying game is that being a highly paid ministars, they should be firm and steady when dealing with pressure from all angles..

Not getting emotional when all hopes are on them to turn things around when they are elected by the people to do it..

So it doesn’t cut it for me..

What's exactly what my wife said to me and it's the same pressure cooker everywhere.

• Haha! 1

I finally know why OYK is out of MOE. The statements below just make no sense from Mathematics and English point of view

Parliament: Singaporeans in senior roles in financial services grew more than 50% from 2014 to 2019, says Ong Ye Kung

In 2014, there were 1,700 Singaporeans holding such top-level positions - from managing director and above. The number grew to 2,600 last year, said Mr Ong.

"That is more than a 50 per cent increase in five years, or an additional 900 Singaporeans taking up senior roles, embarking on a new and fulfilling stage in their careers," he said.

According to MAS estimates, Mr Ong said the total number of senior positions in the financial services sector grew from 3,900 in 2014 to 5,900 last year.

While the proportion of Singaporeans in these roles has held steady - at about 44 per cent - their absolute numbers have increased, he added.

• Total no. of senior positions in financial services sector => 3,900
  • Total no. of Singaporeans holding senior positions => 1,700 (43.59%)
  • Total no. of non-Singaporean holding senior positions => 2,200 (56.41%)

• Total no. of senior positions in financial services sector => 5,900
  • Total no. of Singaporeans holding senior positions => 2,600 (44.07%)
  • Total no. of non-Singaporean holding senior positions => 3,300 (55.93%)

Absolute numbers:

• Additional 900 Singaporeans taking up senior roles (+52.94%)
  • Additional 1,100 non-Singaporeans taking up senior roles (+50%)

End of the day, there are still more jobs going to non-Singaporean (there is also a 50% increment in non-Singaporean taking up senior roles), so the last statement by OYK is absurd to say the least.

• Praise 8
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 4

43 minutes ago, Giordanogavin said:

The crying in parliament start from the top. Is the top who set the culture and example and the rest will follow.

How many people buy their tears?

33 minutes ago, Kopites said:

https://mothership.sg/2020/09/singaporeans-two-jobs//amp

Quote"S'porean workers should be allowed to take up 2 jobs for 'better job security': Chong Kee Hiong"

Stupidity has no boundary!

Different.

High SES people are high paying directors in multiple companies (so many jobs) so they'll naturally think why not you guys on the ground also take on more jobs.

Like as if we use mouths only :nosepick:, ask them be GRAB delivery for 6 months la :grin:.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

3 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

I finally know why OYK is out of MOE. The statements below just make no sense from Mathematics and English point of view

Parliament: Singaporeans in senior roles in financial services grew more than 50% from 2014 to 2019, says Ong Ye Kung

In 2014, there were 1,700 Singaporeans holding such top-level positions - from managing director and above. The number grew to 2,600 last year, said Mr Ong.

"That is more than a 50 per cent increase in five years, or an additional 900 Singaporeans taking up senior roles, embarking on a new and fulfilling stage in their careers," he said.

According to MAS estimates, Mr Ong said the total number of senior positions in the financial services sector grew from 3,900 in 2014 to 5,900 last year.

While the proportion of Singaporeans in these roles has held steady - at about 44 per cent - their absolute numbers have increased, he added.

• Total no. of senior positions in financial services sector => 3,900
  • Total no. of Singaporeans holding senior positions => 1,700 (43.59%)
  • Total no. of non-Singaporean holding senior positions => 2,200 (56.41%)

• Total no. of senior positions in financial services sector => 5,900
  • Total no. of Singaporeans holding senior positions => 2,600 (44.07%)
  • Total no. of non-Singaporean holding senior positions => 3,300 (55.93%)

Absolute numbers:

• Additional 900 Singaporeans taking up senior roles (+52.94%)
  • Additional 1,100 non-Singaporeans taking up senior roles (+50%)

End of the day, there are still more jobs going to non-Singaporean (there is also a 50% increment in non-Singaporean taking up senior roles), so the last statement by OYK is absurd to say the least.

Actually what you presented show a good sign leh. Coz this also shows that the position is held steady and not swing towards one end of the spectrum. So this also mean there is no issue of discrimination (aka they promote people based on merit, not based on race or nationality to senior position) on what people are talking about when talking about senior position in financial sector. 

1 hour ago, Kopites said:

https://mothership.sg/2020/09/singaporeans-two-jobs//amp

Quote"S'porean workers should be allowed to take up 2 jobs for 'better job security': Chong Kee Hiong"

Stupidity has no boundary!

Sinkies please work 2 jobs and shut the f**k up while I am President of Orchid Country Club and driving around in my 4L twin turbo-ed V8 Bentley GTC.

chongkeehiong.jpg?resize=750,375&ssl=1

MP who owns Bentley strongly believes in meritocracy and still upset being denied Math prize in P5

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

Self-pawn? :wut: Ownself shoot ownself...[rifle] [rifle]

Parliament: Josephine Teo spars with opposition MPs in debate on PMET jobs

Parliament: NCMP Leong Mun Wai calls for a cap on foreigner-to-citizen ratio in firms

• Josephine Teo (MOM) : "I think what Mr Leong is trying to suggest is that all of your gains are meaningless because they are all occupied by PRs and (new) citizens,"
  • Leong Mun Wai (NCMP) : "However, I am deeply disappointed now because 22 years after his appointment, DBS is still without a home-grown CEO."
  • Derrick Goh (Nee Soon GRC) : "The bank's current CEO, Mr Piyush Gupta, was born in India and became a Singapore citizen in 2009."

And this was what many of us have been seeing in the corporate world. Many HR even encourage and assist their employees to apply for SPR and citizenship.

• Praise 7

2 hours ago, Playtime said:

It looks too practised... like something done in front of a mirror before. 

Maybe they told her to picture her million dollar salary flying away when she gets to that part of the speech

• Haha! 3

13 hours ago, 13177 said:

When those ministers cry, i dont really feel for them. Cause in the first place, they also did not show empathy on the ground people.

If she's not up to the job, be humble and step down. Let a more competent person take over.

A famous quote. 

“Whoever governs Singapore must have that iron in him. Or give it up. This is not a game of cards. This is your life and mine. I’ve spent a whole lifetime building this and as long as I’m in charge, nobody is going to knock it down.”

• Praise 4

11 minutes ago, Kranjipioneer said:

If she's not up to the job, be humble and step down. Let a more competent person take over.

A famous quote. 

“Whoever governs Singapore must have that iron in him. Or give it up. This is not a game of cards. This is your life and mine. I’ve spent a whole lifetime building this and as long as I’m in charge, nobody is going to knock it down.”

Caveat already in last sentence. Validity over.

Good to have healthy debate and discussion, instead of monologue, good job well done.

No more blank cheque... earn it

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

Self-pawn? :wut: Ownself shoot ownself...[rifle] [rifle]

Parliament: Josephine Teo spars with opposition MPs in debate on PMET jobs

Parliament: NCMP Leong Mun Wai calls for a cap on foreigner-to-citizen ratio in firms

• Josephine Teo (MOM) : "I think what Mr Leong is trying to suggest is that all of your gains are meaningless because they are all occupied by PRs and (new) citizens,"
  • Leong Mun Wai (NCMP) : "However, I am deeply disappointed now because 22 years after his appointment, DBS is still without a home-grown CEO."
  • Derrick Goh (Nee Soon GRC) : "The bank's current CEO, Mr Piyush Gupta, was born in India and became a Singapore citizen in 2009."

And this was what many of us have been seeing in the corporate world. Many HR even encourage and assist their employees to apply for SPR and citizenship.

It’s a well known tactic that MOM chose to ignore especially for the SPRs..

After leeching our system, they will throw away their PR status , sell away their flats and live happily ever after in their homeland..and still gong jiao way to sinkies..

Experienced it first hand recently.. Pui.. Pui..Pui...

• Praise 6

15 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-pm-lee-hsien-loong-speech-live-parliament-13074600

3.30pm is the time to watch.. Don't go chiong stock up food or what hor.. When pm Lee come out and speak, it is always something quite drastic going to happen. 

My guess is actually more relaxing of measures