Reasons Why DJI Drones are Inexpensive

steveluv

1 hour ago, Albeniz said:

OK,  I am not interested in SIA's recent promotion on flight to nowhere.

I have just gotten myself a cheap ticket to the sky by buying a toy drone (less than 249g)

I just discovered I can't film Bukit Gombak's Small Guilin.

Are there any good places I can take it up the sky?  I believe East Coast/ West Coast / Labrador Parks are not allowed too? 

Marina South at Marina Barrage there.

Can go to One Map and check.

https://www.caas.gov.sg/public-passengers/unmanned-aircraft/permitted-flying-areas-and-no-fly-zones

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Albeniz said:

I have just gotten myself a cheap ticket to the sky by buying a toy drone (less than 249g)

Are there any good places I can take it up the sky?  I believe East Coast/ West Coast / Labrador Parks are not allowed too? 

What about the open field at Turf City, near Hao mart, where the Angmohs play rugby?

3 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

What about the open field at Turf City, near Hao mart, where the Angmohs play rugby?

Its private land. If security come, just say sorry and land.

• Praise 1

On 9/16/2020 at 8:03 PM, Albeniz said:

Welcome to the flight club.

Here is a good video to get you started 😁

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

I've been interested in travelling to Japan and I am planning to start making videos for YouTube while travelling through the country. I'll be travelling with one backpack with clothing, a camera, a laptop and drone. The DJI Mavic 3 seems to be an excellent choice, not only does it seems to fit in a backpack, it also can fly on itself allowing me to take shots of myself without having someone around to fly it. In terms of regulation, it should be fine to fly drones in Japan outside of populated areas. Because I am a drone noob anyway I am certainly not looking to fly this thing near any people or buildings, for me it'll be mostly nature shorts.
There is any has the following specifications?

- Fits inside a backpack and can be carried easily from location to location
- Offer self flying mode to film myself while walking/running
- Offer extremely high and sharp footage with DLOG mode for collor correction
- Allowed to fly in Japan and EU
- Long battary life

2 hours ago, jim122 said:

I've been interested in travelling to Japan and I am planning to start making videos for YouTube while travelling through the country. I'll be travelling with one backpack with clothing, a camera, a laptop and drone. The DJI Mavic 3 seems to be an excellent choice, not only does it seems to fit in a backpack, it also can fly on itself allowing me to take shots of myself without having someone around to fly it. In terms of regulation, it should be fine to fly drones in Japan outside of populated areas. Because I am a drone noob anyway I am certainly not looking to fly this thing near any people or buildings, for me it'll be mostly nature shorts.
There is any has the following specifications?

- Fits inside a backpack and can be carried easily from location to location
- Offer self flying mode to film myself while walking/running
- Offer extremely high and sharp footage with DLOG mode for collor correction
- Allowed to fly in Japan and EU
- Long battary life

Japan will need 199g drone to avoid registration. Only Mini 3 with special lightweight battery will meet this weight. 

I think Japan is fairly restrictive for drone flying. 

3 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Japan will need 199g drone to avoid registration. Only Mini 3 with special lightweight battery will meet this weight. 

I think Japan is fairly restrictive for drone flying. 

That's even tighter than Singapore, which requires registration only for >250g. But over here, I feel the enforcement is stricter. Maybe because of our urban environment with many kaypoh snooping eyes and frequency scanners easily deployed, any drone flying will quickly attract enforcement officers to drive by and check, especially if it is a known and popular flying area.

Japan has substantial rural areas where no one even knows you're flying a drone [laugh]

↡ Advertisement