SAF MRE review

Mockngbrd

4 hours ago, Beregond said:

frankly speaking 20 years ago de exercise, i cannot remember how many days to be exact also. that time where got think so much 🤣.

During army where got time to think  la, when asked to do just do lo, no matter how many days outfield. 😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

5 hours ago, 13177 said:

During army where got time to think  la, when asked to do just do lo, no matter how many days outfield. 😅

how can like that?

On course days, yes, maybe is like this.

but when posted to unit, we spent a lot of time thinking hor.

after thinking, will divide the workload, then book out time assign who go buy lucheon meat, who go buy maggie mee, who go buy gardenia bread, etc. Apart from food, sometimes also got got rent kungfu novels, and buy mosquito coil, then will be amply prepared for the exercises mah 😆

• Haha! 4

13 hours ago, 13177 said:

My era combat ration dont have sardines. 🤣

iirc.... sardine only came in tin can....  i guess you missed the tin can era... 

personally..... i felt tin can food was better..

Edited by Playtime
  • Praise 2

12 hours ago, 13177 said:

Go out field already bring many barang barang liao, so combat ration indeed cannot bring a lot. Lol.

Yeah, I've seen jokers never bring toilet roll :XD:

• Haha! 1

24 minutes ago, Playtime said:

iirc.... sardine only came in tin can....  i guess you missed the tin can era... 

personally..... i felt tin can food was better..

But that tin can era needs jack knife to open it? Then not so convenience when outfield le?! Lol.

26 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

They dont intend to pangsai ma, so no need to bring. Or get from those that got bring. 😂

• Haha! 1

On 9/5/2020 at 10:53 PM, Atrecord said:

how can like that?

On course days, yes, maybe is like this.

but when posted to unit, we spent a lot of time thinking hor.

after thinking, will divide the workload, then book out time assign who go buy lucheon meat, who go buy maggie mee, who go buy gardenia bread, etc. Apart from food, sometimes also got got rent kungfu novels, and buy mosquito coil, then will be amply prepared for the exercises mah 😆

That was because you did not have a buddy whose father open provision shop one... 

We always got free food and even shampoo ... 😂 

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

On 9/5/2020 at 11:16 PM, Windwaver said:

Me, but I was used to leaves at that time. Poop during outfield was typically hard, long and straight; which was quite easy to wipe using leaves. 

• Haha! 3

4 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Me, but I was used to leaves at that time. Poop during outfield was typically hard, long and straight; which was quite easy to wipe using leaves. 

Used leave to wipe? Omg. 😅

• Haha! 2

In my entire NSF + NS life (more than 20 years), I used the same mess tin. And I have only used the mess tin once, in the jungles of Khanchanaburi to cook a packet of maggi mee. Cos that night really busy than liao. Need some outfield comfort food after eating stone cold ration for so many days.

Would rather eat cold food rather than wash the mess tin. Hahaha.

But to be fair, I have eaten the combat ration cooked by others in the field before. It actually tasted quite ok. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

9 hours ago, Davidklt said:

In my entire NSF + NS life (more than 20 years), I used the same mess tin. And I have only used the mess tin once, in the jungles of Khanchanaburi to cook a packet of maggi mee. Cos that night really busy than liao. Need some outfield comfort food after eating stone cold ration for so many days.

Would rather eat cold food rather than wash the mess tin. Hahaha.

But to be fair, I have eaten the combat ration cooked by others in the field before. It actually tasted quite ok. 

Cooked combat ration food not bad, i always cooked them with maggi mee, must know how to ''enjoy'' when outfield. Lol.

13 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

That was because you did not have a buddy whose father open provision shop one... 

We always got free food and even shampoo ... 😂 

wah shiok leh...

i wished my buddy was son to QM, CQ, boss of SFI (later, when they started to take over cookhouse food), boss of NTUC, or just simply some big shot in the army also.

too bad no such fortune.

• Haha! 1

19 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

wah shiok leh...

i wished my buddy was son to QM, CQ, boss of SFI (later, when they started to take over cookhouse food), boss of NTUC, or just simply some big shot in the army also.

too bad no such fortune.

Best part is the guy very automatic also ... We no need to ask, ownself supply one ! 😂 

1 hour ago, Adrianli said:

Never ate MRE during my time in SAF at all. Think I missed some thing here. No outfield during BMT too.

Cos I from Navy!!!:XD:

Navy has separate BMT? I thought they also have combat rations on board. In case stove fails. 

1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

Navy has separate BMT? I thought they also have combat rations on board. In case stove fails. 

Yup. Previously Navy has our own BMT program. Very different and omitted a lot of army stuff but added a lot of navy stuff. Lots of swimming and fire fighting. 

Combat ration onboard is can food. The usual sardines, luncheon meat and fruit cocktails. Logan and lychee will be first to be gone!!!

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

34 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Yup. Previously Navy has our own BMT program. Very different and omitted a lot of army stuff but added a lot of navy stuff. Lots of swimming and fire fighting. 

Combat ration onboard is can food. The usual sardines, luncheon meat and fruit cocktails. Logan and lychee will be first to be gone!!!

Navy combat ration so “atas” one as compared with army le.

32 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Navy combat ration so “atas” one as compared with army le.

For 2 day 1 night mission, I used to open the ration pack, take the apricot bar and pocari, slipped two into my magazine pouch and that was my dinner that day.

Thats why last time so skinny.

As throwing away ration is an offence, we would mix it with some old items and dispose of it at the rubbish dump. So wasteful then.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2