Nus rope bondage event

Sdf4786k

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/nus-student-run-group-cancels-event-rope-bondage-after-claims-it-promoted-violent-sex

wow.. no wonder so happening... 

TFreedom, a group in the university’s residential Tembusu College, had called in a couple who engage in rope bondage — where partners may be wrapped, suspended or restrained with rope when having sex — for an online talk on Wednesday (Sept 2).

It is part of the group’s weekly programme called Let’s Talk About Sex, which aims to raise awareness about sex education and remove the stigma associated with sexual health.

Edited by Sdf4786k
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Beregond said:

sad huh. 50 years down the road our education become like this

not only 'our', whole world already doing this.

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

not only 'our', whole world already doing this.

dun know about the rest, but while we chase academic  result . we totally forgot about our moral education.

1 minute ago, Beregond said:

dun know about the rest, but while we chase academic  result . we totally forgot about our moral education.

Now they trying to balance what is moral education and what is acceptable scruples of society and introduces new changes to the landscape.

so we need to either move with the times or live with our way of life. 

we can no longer use what our parents consistently guide us with the saying of

”young man, when I was your age, we live a life of strict upbringing “

now is a paradigm shift.

how does nus stand on this?

or are we going to do a parliament 101 on what’s the point of the question?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Just now, Beregond said:

with internet and social media, it is a different world compare to 20 yrs ago or even 10 yrs ago. 

dun say kids, adult also same.

• Praise 2

3 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

with internet and social media, it is a different world compare to 20 yrs ago or even 10 yrs ago. 

i know what u mean, esp on sexual area. 

thats why i feel all the more we need to have even better moral education.

do u feel kids/youngesters now compare to our time are more rude. and less likely to greet and give way etc etc

• Praise 2

24 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Study Don’t study 

no wonder ceca can win

Seecar funded?

Maybe one school dedicated USC berkeley type, the rest of the Uni esp NUS remains conservative.

Wtf does rope bondage belong with varsity education? Join the navy and the bosun will teach you knots.

Edited by Datsun366
  • Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

Yup .. especially in the banks.. 

even with the discrimination practices, you can do no wrong. Because we need the ft to create jobs for the people..

2 minutes ago, Beregond said:

do u feel kids/youngesters now compare to our time are more rude. and less likely to greet and give way etc etc

Maybe we should take a bit of lessons from the Kama sutra of the world when it comes to sex.

and if you watch on Netflix world of married, you would also have a different aspect of marriage...

kidding of course ..

during our time basic instinct was the talking point. But you do not see us advocating a need to go braless at the office? In fact , I recall that HR will step in for dressing too short.. now it’s all a different world 

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Haha! 2

22 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Moral Education start from Home.

Sex Education also start from Home.

How many has talk to their kids about the birds and the bees?

Don't ask me as i don't have to talk about.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/nus-student-run-group-cancels-event-rope-bondage-after-claims-it-promoted-violent-sex

wow.. no wonder so happening... 

TFreedom, a group in the university’s residential Tembusu College, had called in a couple who engage in rope bondage — where partners may be wrapped, suspended or restrained with rope when having sex — for an online talk on Wednesday (Sept 2).

It is part of the group’s weekly programme called Let’s Talk About Sex, which aims to raise awareness about sex education and remove the stigma associated with sexual health.

It's because of the blind pursuit of "liberal" education, that's why our university has gone down this road.

All this started mainly when some foreign well-known institution collaborated with the univ. Then raise the issue of academic freedom, as they are known for liberal values.

And so eventually come to this point - want to allow such talks or not? 

48 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Moral Education start from Home.

Sex Education also start from Home.

How many has talk to their kids about the birds and the bees?

Don't ask me as i don't have to talk about.

Exactly. It is the upbringing. Today's parenting is about outsourcing almost everything from daily care (cooking for kids, housekeeping duties etc with domestic helpers), education with tuition teacher, self improvement with enrichment centres, chasing elite schools, posting on social media for affirmations etc. 

Only thing hard to outsource is moral education or upbringing values. So that's the best gauge when you look at the children's behavior on how much self effort the parents really put in (excluding all the outsourced functions). Chinese say 家教。

No wonder less and less find meaning in having kids since it is just like chasing money to outsource end of day.

• Praise 4

55 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

How is any of this immoral? What's wrong with bondage if both parties are consenting?

I don't see anything wrong with this - don't like, don't attend. Why stop people from organizing events?

Well, sooner or later , mass orgy may as well be tolerated.. 

I am sure we have gone past the resistance level of gay and lesbian since some famous people have also been more accepted than it is. 

so while I understand the whole equation of the fact that it’s not a mentally sick condition, the society as a whole has still not adjusted to the fact of what is an acceptable norm. Some parents may be fill with pain for that fact being redicule on have a lesbian kid rather than the liberal thinking of a lifestyle choice because it’s not a choice but more of a genetic engineering issue.

so If that’s the case, do society proceed to experiment and evolve in orgy and bondage and introduce it to the secondary school education system of a subset of sex education Or tantric sex or any new variations of sex and the city? 😂 

or how about this?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bride_burning

should we see an acceptable norm in pushing the boundaries?

i think for this episode of bondage, we definitely have expertise in this area

I see JT role in the parliament debate on this as she is the front runner on don’t need much space for sex mandates.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

Well, sooner or later , mass orgy may as well be tolerated.. 

I am sure we have gone past the resistance level of gay and lesbian since some famous people have also been more accepted than it is. 

so while I understand the whole equation of the fact that it’s not a mentally sick condition, the society as a whole has still not adjusted to the fact of what is an acceptable norm. Some parents may be fill with pain for that fact being redicule on have a lesbian kid rather than the liberal thinking of a lifestyle choice because it’s not a choice but more of a genetic engineering issue.

so If that’s the case, do society proceed to experiment and evolve in orgy and bondage and introduce it to the secondary school education system of a subset of sex education Or tantric sex or any new variations of sex and the city? 😂 

I see JT role in the parliament debate on this as she is the front runner on don’t need much space for sex mandates.

I don't see the need to use slippery slope arguments. 

Why don't you say what's wrong with bondage in the first place. If it is between consenting adults, what's the issue?

5 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

I don't see the need to use slippery slope arguments. 

Why don't you say what's wrong with bondage in the first place. If it is between consenting adults, what's the issue?

nothing wrong if this is organised by a private entity as "relationship enhancement workshop" for couples, but it is sensitive for NUS to do it.

Maybe if organised by NUH people can accept [laugh]

↡ Advertisement