High Court acquits maid of stealing S$34,000 worth of items from CAG chairman Liew Mun Leong’s home

Ysc3

3 hours ago, Staff69 said:

inbound1309332732674028292.thumb.jpg.0558be98093558a2f0ff93e1b691db1e.jpg

i am not one of those with high moral standards. if today pinky or aunty ho offers me a position with close to 1 million annual salary, i would be online bashing you guys then go to a ktv which i am a director and be bashed by the viet bu, 中国妹子 and siam bu to balanced up my fragile inner moral compass 

but thank God,  there are still a small 1% with good moral guidance 

Which Karaoke 'mike' you will be using in KTV with Viet bu or Siam bu ... :we-all-gonna-die:

:grin:

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Mustank said:

Can easily call professional valuation people 

How can send people jail based on historical figure? Besides, did the owners prove their ownership with receipts?

How to prove the helper actually out whatever items into the boxes herself, and not someone else putting them in when opening the boxes, while she was already in Indonesia? 

PS. I would put in a gold bar, easy to value, if really want to sabo. 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 3

Very impressive CV. https://surbanajurong.com/perspective/liew-mun-leong/

Mr LIEW Mun Leong is the Chairman of Surbana Jurong Private Limited and also the Chairman of Changi Airport Group.

Mr Liew has spent 22 years in the public service developing Singapore’s Changi Airport, military airports and establishments. He was involved with the construction of Changi Airport Phase I and II from day one in 1975. He was also the CEO of two government statutory bodies, the Singapore Institute of Standards and Industrial Research (SISIR) and concurrently the National Science and Technology Board (NSTB), the forerunner of A*STAR. He was the Registrar of the Professional Engineers Board, granting engineers’ licenses to practise in Singapore and regulating engineering practices in Singapore. He has also served the Executive Board of International Organization for Standardization (ISO) for which he was later elected and served as its President for one term.

In the private sector, he has another 24 years of experience leading 10 public listed companies in four countries. In 2000, he was appointed as the founding CEO of CapitaLand Limited, a public listed real estate company, which has become the largest real estate group (by market capitalization) in South East Asia, operating in over 20 countries with more than 12,000 staff. He is a Senior International Business Advisor appointed by Temasek to advise the Group on long term real estate investments in New York, London and Tokyo. Currently he also sits on the boards of Singapore Exchange, NUS Business School, Human Capital Leadership Institute, Chinese Development Assistance Council and the Singapore China Foundation. He also chairs Dymon Asia Real Estate Limited, a private equity fund investing in real estate in several key Asian cities and Temasek Foundation Nurtures CLG Ltd.

In 2013, Mr Liew was appointed as Provost’s Chair Professor (Practice) (pro bono) in NUS Business School and Faculty of Engineering.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/i-always-hire-people-who-are-better-than-me

He also said wealth means nothing to him despite being a wealthy man.

/\

My father is a taxi driver and I think he is a better man than the chairman of simi GLC and Temasek linked companies. 

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

2 minutes ago, SuPerBoRed said:

so we (aka taxpayers) took the bill of this court case?
+ the time and salary of the police officers? 

yes, based on accusation of some cross dressing ex convict too.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

13 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Mr LIEW Mun Leong is the Chairman of Surbana Jurong Private Limited and also the Chairman of Changi Airport Group.

Mr Liew has spent 22 years in the public service developing Singapore’s Changi Airport, military airports and establishments. He was involved with the construction of Changi Airport Phase I and II from day one in 1975. He was also the CEO of two government statutory bodies, the Singapore Institute of Standards and Industrial Research (SISIR) and concurrently the National Science and Technology Board (NSTB), the forerunner of A*STAR. He was the Registrar of the Professional Engineers Board, granting engineers’ licenses to practise in Singapore and regulating engineering practices in Singapore. He has also served the Executive Board of International Organization for Standardization (ISO) for which he was later elected and served as its President for one term.

In the private sector, he has another 24 years of experience leading 10 public listed companies in four countries. In 2000, he was appointed as the founding CEO of CapitaLand Limited, a public listed real estate company, which has become the largest real estate group (by market capitalization) in South East Asia, operating in over 20 countries with more than 12,000 staff. He is a Senior International Business Advisor appointed by Temasek to advise the Group on long term real estate investments in New York, London and Tokyo. Currently he also sits on the boards of Singapore Exchange, NUS Business School, Human Capital Leadership Institute, Chinese Development Assistance Council and the Singapore China Foundation. He also chairs Dymon Asia Real Estate Limited, a private equity fund investing in real estate in several key Asian cities and Temasek Foundation Nurtures CLG Ltd.

In 2013, Mr Liew was appointed as Provost’s Chair Professor (Practice) (pro bono) in NUS Business School and Faculty of Engineering.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/i-always-hire-people-who-are-better-than-me

I do think he is really capable. He build up capital Land from scratch as founding CEO. He really have successes unlike some of our current CEOs who lead companies into oblivion...

.... I actually think the elder Liew is not as bad as people think he is... 

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

I do think he is really capable. He build up capital Land from scratch as founding CEO. He really have successes unlike some of our current CEOs who lead companies into oblivion...

.... I actually think the elder Liew is not as bad as people think he is... 

Fact - Capital Land was a merger of DBS Land and Pidemco, not from scratch.  Not commenting anything about his abilitiy.

• Praise 3

18 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

/\

My father is a taxi driver and I think he is a better man than the chairman of simi GLC and Temasek linked companies. 

one wants to be super successful .... one cannot be nice .... must be damn hard and cannot be soft 

nice person cannot make it to the top ... i truly believe this 

but whether a person is "kind hearted" that's a different story

• Praise 2

14 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Then how come become like that !!!! :slow: 

I don't know leh. Have to ask Temasek why he is the best man as the Chair for Subana Jurong and CAG?

According to this link from INSEAD https://knowledge.insead.edu/leadership-organisations/what-makes-a-good-chairman-3346, qualities of a good chairman includes humility and setting clear behaviour standards for his organization. :D 

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 1

25 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

I believe Bill Gates also said something similar. General sweeping statement here, but aside from saints, it seems like only people who are already wealthy say such things.

• Haha! 3

3 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

one wants to be super successful .... one cannot be nice .... must be damn hard and cannot be soft 

True - but have to be damn hard on the house maid sio?

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Fact - Capital Land was a merger of DBS Land and Pidemco, not from scratch.  Not commenting anything about his abilitiy.

thanks. I don't buy shares so I don't know how capital land did as a company in the initial years... I assumed it did well as I like citadines on my vacation...

To me capability is 100 times more important than being nice. Give me a CEO who ill treats his maid but lead the company to success vs someone like Chartered Semi CEO who lead the company into nothing...

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

Can pretend to be nice.... get a deputy to do the dirty jobs!

• Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

My old boss say one.... 99% of people at the top get there by being c**nts, c**suckers or through blood connection.

Still got 1% hope for nice guys. For the record my old boss definitely not the 1%.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

17 minutes ago, boonhat_91 said:

I believe Bill Gates also said something similar. General sweeping statement here, but aside from saints, it seems like only people who are already wealthy say such things.

it's true ... wealth really mean nothing ... absolutely nothing ... because you can't feel it anymore ... just a few grain of rice ... 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 3

34 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

This is case study. No matter how much you study or results or capability.... most important is WHO you know and WHOSE BALLS you carry.

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1