High Court acquits maid of stealing S$34,000 worth of items from CAG chairman Liew Mun Leong’s home

Ysc3

46 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

Why would a normal man ever want to buy a pink knife???

Does it have Hello Kitty sticker on it too?

I was wondering about the same damn thing earlier. 

It could be this...

image.png.ee90dad53d0c5450140c4fb7ec37d5aa.png

But more likely, its this...

image.png.c0f76cf2558c2e96cd45ac544962d4ed.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4

53 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

This one base judgement on guilty until proven innocent instead of what it should be, which is innocent until proven guilty.

Maybe this one is a goalkeeper who scores own goals?  Muayhahahaha

image.gif

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Lethalstrike said:

Just what the heck is a pink knife, I'm wondering? Some sort of dildo for the cross dresser son? 

He's a cross dresser remember? :XD:

• Haha! 1

34 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

image.gif

Dont blame goalie leh... is backpass too tricky, got sun in his eyes, covid19 made him breathe wrong, ball is badly inflated wan

#noblame(me)culture

13 hours ago, Ender said:

Everything has gone so wrong.

i mean... its not really a surprise seeing how in politically sensitive cases, its always been perceived by many  as ... lets say... less than justice....

only difference is that now, its flowed into a seemingly SOP civilian case... albeit... involving a elite.

40 minutes ago, yishunite said:

Dont blame goalie leh... is backpass too tricky, got sun in his eyes, covid19 made him breathe wrong, ball is badly inflated wan

#noblame(me)culture

Not too sure about the Covid and ball ...sun was above if not behind the goalie leh😂

• Haha! 2

13 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Fact.

So those who believe that Singapore's system is inherently elitist, with the elite having their own set of rules, will see evidence of bias by law enforcement officers in the face of a privileged and powerful complainant.

They may also point to aspects of the Liew family's behaviour as evidence of moral decay among the privileged. Already, interesting articles about how the rich are mentally geared to behave in a self-seeking behaviour are circulating online.

Some may see in this case evidence of their belief that the Singapore system is stacked in favour of the rich and well-educated, against the man in the street and the ordinary worker. But this view ignores the truth of what happened - which is that a poor worker won a court case against a rich, powerful family.

actually..

i bring to you.

TT Durai and CHC.

In BOTH case, ordinary folks were successfully sued... innocent  men, who had their lives .. and bank accounts.. turned upside down.

In BOTH cases again... the guilty were taken down ONLY because they ended up stepping on even BIGGER toes ..

In both cases... AGAIN... the innocent were not compensated AFAIK. Justice was still not  done.

Power and wealth have always been a cheat code in the game of law... personally i think it still is.

• Praise 10

29 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Not too sure about the Covid and ball ...sun was above if not behind the goalie leh😂

Rich ppl can invent any fact they want

My friend Donald say wan

• Haha! 2

21 minutes ago, yishunite said:

Rich ppl can invent any fact they want

My friend Donald say wan

Ahh... I see it now... 

Goalie made honest mistake... no blame culture...move on with the game... goalie continue to draw fat celery... 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

16 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Fact.

So those who believe that Singapore's system is inherently elitist, with the elite having their own set of rules, will see evidence of bias by law enforcement officers in the face of a privileged and powerful complainant.

They may also point to aspects of the Liew family's behaviour as evidence of moral decay among the privileged. Already, interesting articles about how the rich are mentally geared to behave in a self-seeking behaviour are circulating online.

Some may see in this case evidence of their belief that the Singapore system is stacked in favour of the rich and well-educated, against the man in the street and the ordinary worker. But this view ignores the truth of what happened - which is that a poor worker won a court case against a rich, powerful family.

While I applause the author's effort to get everyone to look on the positive side of things, I can't help but associate his/her view with that of a gambler, where they tend to see that there are tens or hundreds of people winning Toto group 1 prize every year (instead of considering millions who never), and developed the mentality that everyone stand an equal chance of winning the top prizes.

Unlike Toto draw, Big Sweep or 4D, a sound juridical system is not a game of chance or one with a 'fixed formula' for deciding who's the winner, but one with justice served through fair trials based solely on evidences presented, without any form of biasness. In this aspect, everyone, regardless of their background, should be given an equal opportunity to have their cases presented, before the jury returned a verdict.

However, we all knew that typically a rich and more influential person will have more resources (not just in monetary aspect, but testimonial on personal achievement / contribution, time & availability, relationship with others, etc.) when come to defending for themselves, whereas a man on the street will have much less credential in comparison. Thus the more our judiciary has to be a fair one, and this is NOT an option...

• Praise 12

4 hours ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

Are you sure he isn't involved in making a report? Then why did he claim it is his civic duty to do so?

真伟大! CB duties to report suspected crime. Did he report on his son too resulting in his conviction? Most civic of all duties!

• Haha! 2

9 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

真伟大! CB duties to report suspected crime. Did he report on his son too resulting in his conviction? Most civic of all duties!

Got people say he contributed a lot to Singapore leh. Think we need to build his statue at the Founders Memorial to remember what he did for us and parti. 

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

20 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Fans behind you huh? Must check what they are holding first...

Nice lad though. No air kind. Met him once when we were playing for the same club...of course, he was playing for the senior squad while me the K2 level😅

• Praise 2

Sharnmugam intend to answer Mui Hoong written article questions once internal review are completed. Let's wait for what Sharnmugam have a say.. 

• Praise 2

6 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

While I applause the author's effort to get everyone to look on the positive side of things, I can't help but associate his/her view with that of a gambler, where they tend to see that there are tens or hundreds of people winning Toto group 1 prize every year (instead of considering millions who never), and developed the mentality that everyone stand an equal chance of winning the top prizes.

Unlike Toto draw, Big Sweep or 4D, a sound juridical system is not a game of chance or one with a 'fixed formula' for deciding who's the winner, but one with justice served through fair trials based solely on evidences presented, without any form of biasness. In this aspect, everyone, regardless of their background, should be given an equal opportunity to have their cases presented, before the jury returned a verdict.

However, we all knew that typically a rich and more influential person will have more resources (not just in monetary aspect, but testimonial on personal achievement / contribution, time & availability, relationship with others, etc.) when come to defending for themselves, whereas a man on the street will have much less credential in comparison. Thus the more our judiciary has to be a fair one, and this is NOT an option...

Makes me lost for words reading her article. Talk like she cleared her name at the first hearing.  It's as if the the 4 years ordeal the maid went through never happened.

• Praise 2

22 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Fact.

But this poor worker has a very dedicate pro bono lawyer. What are the chances an ordinary singaporean who can't afford elite lawyer have someone like Anil to represent them. Also she has the welfare organisation HOME volunteers to assist in the case. A single lawyer can't provide enough man hour to go thru and find loop holes in the evidences and accuser's testimonies. You need a team of law trained  interns, which a pro bono lawyers are unlikely to be allocated with this resources. I only have SAFRA and NTUC membership, no volunteers will come from there.😁😁 .

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 2