COE Bidding – 1st Round of September 2020

Carbon82

12 minutes ago, Calvin8808 said:

Anyway my AD finally submitted a bid for me this time round. The last 4 bids they didn't even submit a bid. Today is the first time they did. So fingers crossed they will be able to secure it.

Good luck!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

16 minutes ago, Calvin8808 said:

Anyway my AD finally submitted a bid for me this time round. The last 4 bids they didn't even submit a bid. Today is the first time they did. So fingers crossed they will be able to secure it.

Wow, all the best! Do you mind sharing how much they bid for you? since they hold back the bid for so long..

35 minutes ago, Calvin8808 said:

Yes you are right. The principal is giving them support to put more of this particular model on the road. Also they have additional subsidy coming from loan, trading in your car and insurance. The subsidy are quite substantial I would say. I wasn't looking at buying a new car in these uncertain times. I was planning to maybe renew COE for my F10. Then this deal came along, I was telling can't be the new model. Should be the old model. If not sure got catch one, can't be G-COE. In the end the deal seems true and so I made the decision (not sure right or wrong as of now) to proceed and booked the car without viewing or test drive.   

Best of luck🤞

• Praise 1

18 minutes ago, Calvin8808 said:

Mine still sleeping lol. No bids submitted for the past few biddings too. Maybe my contract in rubbish bin le haiz

Around one more hour to go.... hmmmm

Actually I don't think any of the CB buyers have gone through the 6 bids that were promised by dealers (KMC or others), but they are kancheong like spiders when see others got their COE or asked to top up by dealers and starts complaining here, ask for refund or accept dealers' proposal to top up/refund. Why don't just wait for the 6th bid and see what happen. I am not sure whether they will sing praises for KMC or other dealers if they really get their CB deal at the end of the 6th bid.

17 minutes ago, SedanFTW said:

The hindsight is you now know there is more than double the bidder as compared to the quota.

In the past, it's more like 1k quota, 1.2k bids. And as I say, it was not me who make those statement (i.e. 99% etc). It was others, when I "research". Cause someone pointed out that one should do proper research themselves. And I'm saying that in most instances, ppl's understanding is if you buy from AD, you'll get it, even if it's NG.

So, in this case, where you require to top-up, you are pissed off. So, why can't those who cannot get unless they top-up 10k be even more pissed off? I'm just viewing from their point of view.
Ppl are saying that those ppl shouldn't feel pissed off, is that fair?

I'm not against you being pissed off nor voicing your point of view. U r free to do that.

What I'm correcting is the fact that your research on 99% guaranteed is wrong. Whether there are double the number of bidders or just abit more means there are and forever will be unsuccessful bidders so it's wrong to say 99% guaranteed.

In the history of Open bidding COE, there has nvr been less bidders than COEs available. In the old days, when there was closed bidding, there was an instance or 2 where there were less bidders than COE or maybe just abit more bidders and hence there was an occasion where $50 Cat B COE was the result but LTA has since changed this to Open bidding which almost assures that there will nvr be more COEs than bidders since it's Open ie transparent hence someone will sure bid if nearer closing time there are lack of bidders. This has nothing to do with hindsight.

The other issue I brought up was your suggestion on disclosing bid amount to buyers which whilst it's a fair idea, it is unfortunately not feasible as I've explained before.

• Praise 4

8 minutes ago, Soundphile said:

Wow, all the best! Do you mind sharing how much they bid for you? since they hold back the bid for so long..

1 hour ago, Spring said:

That's why from time to time, we do remind forumers not to post their bid amount openly before closing as otherwise they will be possibly jeopardizing their own bid as dealers do come in here to "spy" 

Taking Bro Spring advice seriously.

It's an amount I think that show that they mean business. 

• Praise 1

Cat B lai liao...

Bidding status as at 09/09/2020 14:48:55 hrs

Category Current COE Price ($) Quota Bids Received

A CAR UP TO 1600CC & 97KW 1 1,035 965

B CAR ABOVE 1600CC OR 97KW 25,334 904 969

C GOODS VEHICLE & BUS 1 354 235

D MOTORCYCLE 1 496 308

E OPEN-ALL EXCEPT MOTORCYCLE 1 470 165

Source: Land Transport Authority

2 minutes ago, Civic101 said:

Actually I don't think any of the CB buyers have gone through the 6 bids that were promised by dealers (KMC or others), but they are kancheong like spiders when see others got their COE or asked to top up by dealers and starts complaining here, ask for refund or accept dealers' proposal to top up/refund. Why don't just wait for the 6th bid and see what happen. I am not sure whether they will sing praises for KMC or other dealers if they really get their CB deal at the end of the 6th bid.

I was thinking could it be they want to fulfill some of the CB deals but yet at the same time they can't fulfill all. 

So they come out with this thing of asking you to top up if not then get a refund.

For those who top up, good, for those who asked for refund now? Good.

For those few that don't want to top yet still want to wait for 6 bids, maybe just a maybe they may just fulfill if the numbers left are not a lot?

3 minutes ago, berry64694 said:

Cat B COE already jumped to $23,700 at 2.47pm. Last round it only moved at 3.01pm. 

I say confirm go up!

A lot of G-COE on 5th bid of the 6th. I guess the AD won't want to take the risk to leave it till the 6th so will go for kill this time round.

2 minutes ago, Calvin8808 said:

Taking Bro Spring advice seriously.

It's an amount I think that show that they mean business. 

If u want, u can share your bid amount after 4pm, that's your prerogative but definitely not before then. If i'm an AD or PI reading, I would know what the competitor is bidding so I'll simply outbid your AD if it's within my margins which I'm sure there will be ADs or Pis capable of doing so. Anyway, good luck!

• Praise 4