COE Bidding – 1st Round of September 2020

Carbon82

2 minutes ago, Spring said:

I'm not against you being pissed off nor voicing your point of view. U r free to do that.

What I'm correcting is the fact that your research on 99% guaranteed is wrong. Whether there are double the number of bidders or just abit more means there are and forever will be unsuccessful bidders so it's wrong to say 99% guaranteed.

In the history of Open bidding COE, there has nvr been less bidders than COEs available. In the old days, when there was closed bidding, there was an instance or 2 where there were less bidders than COE or maybe just abit more bidders and hence there was an occasion where $50 Cat B COE was the result but LTA has since changed this to Open bidding which almost assures that there will nvr be more COEs than bidders since it's Open ie transparent hence someone will sure bid if nearer closing time there are lack of bidders. This has nothing to do with hindsight.

The other issue I brought up was your suggestion on disclosing bid amount to buyers which whilst it's a fair idea, it is unfortunately not feasible as I've explained before.

I agree with your point on the disclosing bid amount. That's something I failed to see earlier.
Anyway, I'm not pissed or anything at all. Sorry if I come across like that.

My point was, ppl say research. And I did check, various forums etc.. And before this, I almost never heard of anyone not getting their bids after 6 bids, or that dealer propose refund cause they believe they can't secure the deal. This is strictly based on sales from AD only. No knowledge about PI. 
So, if my research return me this result, someone else who research would return him similar result as well. Then the SE says, not to worry, they nv seen more than 2 fail bid in their entire career etc etc, isn't it alright for ppl who buy car to assume that they would get their car? 

I don't disagree with you on COE bidding.
But when you restrict it to the following:
1. Ppl who buy from AD only, PI are excluded. (To add on, you hv to follow AD's asking price, not propose your own COE rebate etc).
2. You will get within 3 bids, not within 1 bid
3. The number of bidders exceed the quota by 20% (prior to CB)

Then, 99% of the people will get their COE by the 6th bid is still not an reasonable assumption before CB.
That's why I say, if we have the hindsight that the number of bids is almost double the number of quota, then suddenly, 99% seems like an extremely unreasonable outcome. 

Also, once again, the 99% is not quoted by me. I am just saying that's what I found when I do some "research".
So, my main point isn't about the 99%, my main point is, even for buyer who research before they bought, I think they expected to get the car based on the agreed price with AD.

5 minutes ago, new_user1988 said:

If Cat B go beyond $37k, I will chop my didi.

How come u so confident that it will not go beyond $37k till u willing to sacrifice such an important part of u[:)] 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

3 minutes ago, Spring said:

How come u so confident that it will not go beyond $37k till u willing to sacrifice such an important part of u[:)] 

1 minute ago, Calvin8808 said:

Ya I keen to know also bro

we are all following the thread, not because of COE.

• Haha! 1

Just now, new_user1988 said:

Can I change to Cat A instead of Cat B. Looks like B gonna hit $37k anytime soon.

haha why must change from Cat B to Cat A?

Just take back your words can le.

Don't be so serious and risk your happiness. Lol

• Haha! 1

Just now, Calvin8808 said:

haha why must change from Cat B to Cat A?

Just take back your words can le.

Don't be so serious and risk your happiness. Lol

Ok lah i take back my words. Sorry all. And God bless!!!!

• Haha! 1