COE Bidding – 1st Round of September 2020

Carbon82

10 minutes ago, Pplater said:

Current Reserve Price is what the dealer bid for u? Wa KM bid 40.7k for G-bid between 3pm to 3.10pm. Looks like the SE didn't smoke me.

Haha after all the warnings, you still reveal the bid amount.

30+ mins to go and already $38k. Hahahaha later KM staff saw your posts and curse 

36 minutes ago, Calvin8808 said:

Taking Bro Spring advice seriously.

It's an amount I think that show that they mean business. 

29 minutes ago, Spring said:

If u want, u can share your bid amount after 4pm, that's your prerogative but definitely not before then. If i'm an AD or PI reading, I would know what the competitor is bidding so I'll simply outbid your AD if it's within my margins which I'm sure there will be ADs or Pis capable of doing so. Anyway, good luck!

The initial bid was $38,289. Got outbid le.

Let's see if they raised it in the last few half an hour

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Calvin8808 said:

Ya I know but when it's so high why do they want to bid now?

They think that it will go higher. So they willing to part with 40.7k now to get a cat B coe for cheebic 1.5T and take that profit margin. 

They may have enough backlog or expect more orders and dun want to keep too big a backlog for Nov. So for now this is the price they bid

1 minute ago, pengu said:

Haha after all the warnings, you still reveal the bid amount.

30+ mins to go and already $38k. Hahahaha later KM staff saw your posts and curse 

So what? 

On 9/7/2020 at 2:34 PM, berry64694 said:

My forecast is COE confirm go up and this is why I think so. Using Cat B as example. 

1. the number of bids have always been almost double of the quota since phase 2 started. That means to say that even if not many cars were sold, demand likely will still heavily > supply. 

2. People may say those oversubscribed bids are "tikam" bids. Looking at the tables shared by some bros in earlier threads, you'll realize the jump to $30,000+ (for Cat B) usually happens around 200-300 oversubscribed bids. This means there are 200-300 bids going in to tikam tikam, likely those japanese and korean brands trying their luck. many bros have also shared that their AD are bidding <30k for them. 

3. this means that there are still majority genuine bids that probably have a threshold of around mid-30k. The cars sold over the past 3 weekends break were also based on current COE costings, hence they also have the budget to go high. 

4. Because of CB, many brands that used to sell forward are offering almost immediate registration. Many AD have targets to fulfill from principal. Hence, even if COE exceed their threshold, instead of chasing next round, they may secure to hit the target and make from your loan, insurance or used car. 

What do you guys think?

I want to quote myself earlier this week. I think what I forecasted is happening. 

Bids are lower, but price is higher. more and more quality bids. Those waiting for COE to come down can wait long long. 

6 minutes ago, Calvin8808 said:

The initial bid was $38,289. Got outbid le.

Let's see if they raised it in the last few half an hour

Sometimes they will be give u Cat E COE if they have spare but let's see hopefully there is revision or Cat E for u. What car u getting? Reply me after 4pm

• Praise 3

3 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Greed of the car dealers. 

How about greed of the buyers? 

Buyers not greedy meh? 

:D

It's because so many greedy buyers that COE went up. 

Not really.

Car dealers are greedy

Buyers are stingy - not greedy

Unless taking one extra cup of coffee counts as greedy :

• Haha! 2

There was a time, when people said COE will drop because of recession, but it did not.

There was a time when people said COE will not go up, but it did.

Count on Me , Singapore

• Haha! 3

If by revealing KM's bid amount i cause other dealers to outbid KM this round and torpedo my own COE this round all the better, no? Maybe they secure for me in Nov and i get rebate. If they end up securing at higher prices its their profit margin.

1 minute ago, Pplater said:

If by revealing KM's bid amount i cause other dealers to outbid KM this round and torpedo my own COE this round all the better, no? Maybe they secure for me in Nov and i get rebate. If they end up securing at higher prices its their profit margin.

Since even with the knowledge that next quarter of COEs will increase and the bidding is still so fierce, obviously they know something we don't. I highly doubt u will get rebate in Nov.

15 minutes ago, pengu said:

Lol Cat B more than $37k already. Someone need to chop le 🤨

He already say sorry, just forgive him lor.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Spring said:

Sometimes they will be give u Cat E COE if they have spare but let's see hopefully there is revision or Cat E for u. What car u getting? Reply me after 4pm

Wondering why Cat E until now still sleeping....ADs all holding until the last minute to throw Cat E bid?

↡ Advertisement