COE Bidding – 1st Round of September 2020

Carbon82

1 hour ago, EvanGene said:

I am also first time car buyer. Placed deposit in late Jul with CarzW and was on 6 bid guaranteed. 

Today is 4th bid and all 4 coe bidding, they did not bid but the SE say even if they no bid, it consider 1 bid count with them. 

I got my COE at the end of the 6 G bids, of which AD did not place any bids for me the 1st 4 times.

Those no-bids were still counted.

Edited by firefly20
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

18 minutes ago, firefly20 said:

I got my COE at the end of the 6 G bids, of which AD did not place any bids for me the 1st 4 times.

Those no-bids were still counted.

Did you top up?

4 minutes ago, Kia7200 said:

The demand for new cars r still so strong. After this pandemic n Coe quota further reduction in 2021, guess the Coe premium will be back to 50-70k liao

previously we blamed it on PHV, LCR, now what is the new theory? due to COVID 19, people are are afraid of taking public transport, therefore more people are buying car ? 😀

I notice this COE thread is also getting a lot more  posts, used to be fairly quiet before covid 19.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

21 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

previously we blamed it on PHV, LCR, now what is the new theory? due to COVID 19, people are are afraid of taking public transport, therefore more people are buying car ? 😀

I notice this COE thread is also getting a lot more  posts, used to be fairly quiet before covid 19.

If no money to buy car, even afraid of taking public transport also cannot avoid la, still have to take lo. 😅

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

No places to go in sg always the usual places... more people bored so come here and throw their 2 cents🤣

• Haha! 2

6 hours ago, Enye said:

wah mai humble lah... should be the other way round

$55k for 15 day trip right?

😅

Heee.   A day by day account of my trip is here on sgcarmart :D

3 hours ago, loliamsmart said:

No places to go in sg always the usual places... more people bored so come here and throw their 2 cents🤣

Plus cant meet up in groups...

8 hours ago, Philipkee said:

I dont get it. So for six bids guaranteed non guaranteed,  does this coe bidding where they did not bid count towards the six bids?

If it does, I dont think saying "hidden demand" is really accurate.

If it doesnt, its another can of worms....

Someone was referring to total bids received will drop, am trying to highlight not every dealer will or had bidded, its not the full picture, the demands are larger than we see in the 1.5k bids received

As for whether it counts towards 1 out of 6 will depend of individual dealers, Normally for ADs and reputable PIs will be counted, that's why many lao jiao mentioned make sure the dealer indicated delivery date for G contract, for NG indicate every cycle counts or refund date

Edited by fatmond
  • Praise 3

10 hours ago, EvanGene said:

I am also first time car buyer. Placed deposit in late Jul with CarzW and was on 6 bid guaranteed. 

Today is 4th bid and all 4 coe bidding, they did not bid but the SE say even if they no bid, it consider 1 bid count with them. 

I got my COE from them yesterday, the 6th bid. I signed with them in Jul. But this is after topping up $15k. Previously I took a NG which I quoted myself at $24k, rebate at $22k. I top up $15k to change to a guaranteed one at $39k. ‘Luckily’ the COE ended close to $41k. Otherwise, ‘lose’ more money. COE is already losing money for us from day 1.

Neutral Newbie
16 minutes ago, Stevenv1 said:

I got my COE from them yesterday, the 6th bid. I signed with them in Jul. But this is after topping up $15k. Previously I took a NG which I quoted myself at $24k, rebate at $22k. I top up $15k to change to a guaranteed one at $39k. ‘Luckily’ the COE ended close to $41k. Otherwise, ‘lose’ more money. COE is already losing money for us from day 1.

wow that’s a pretty aggressive top up. care to share which brand?

42 minutes ago, Stevenv1 said:

I sign with them 6Bid G when COE Is at $32k. Now 4 bids pass, COE at 38K. Dunno what will happen the last two bids and will they honor not 

Just now, EvanGene said:

I sign with them 6Bid G when COE Is at $32k. Now 4 bids pass, COE at 38K. Dunno what will happen the last two bids and will they honor not 

Guaranteed bid lei.  Dont honour then what's the point of guaranteed bid.... 

But not sure if there are cases of people who did not get guaranteed bids...

52 minutes ago, Stevenv1 said:

Remember to check your CAR COE value when your CAR is registered with LTA. This is to check if they have use other COE category or their on hand COE for your CAR

1 hour ago, Stevenv1 said:

Top up 15k is a lot of incremental. Anyway Slsince you have topped up to a guaranteed COE, you should have no worries  regardless the COE price , why have to worry about lossing more money if COE  goes up ?

17 hours ago, pengu said:

Haha ya I always trying to convince my wife that we should cut down on holidays. Finally COVID made my dreams come true, and gave me the extra cash lol.

But ya, my holidays not so expensive until can buy a car. Just enough to bridge the gap between what I’m willing to pay and the expensive car prices 🙂

Extra cash to donate to nation building :)

↡ Advertisement