COE Bidding – 1st Round of September 2020

Carbon82

2 hours ago, Philipkee said:

My two cents

I got my car in april 2017.  After getting the car, i still post in the following coe bid threads just to make noise, cos I am bored or whatever  :D but that's cos  I am not vested.  And keep talking about Honda city and joke with @Jamesc on his MIL.

BUT if I am vested, my tone will change and will be more like should I top up, anticipating new car blah blah.

I think people still post in COE threads after getting their cars but their tones change when you compare their tones before they buy a car, during the bid and after their bids, regardless of succeed or fail.

I think another analogy will be how a couple communicate before and after marriage. 

You can tell that I've collected my car. Correct? 😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

11 minutes ago, firefly20 said:

Is this a collusion for murder? 🤣

Haha no lah.

I am just saying accidents can happen.

:grin:

image.png.af3a0862c3c27a4f593cf0162823bf29.png

5 hours ago, james1055 said:

Really? All don't go and booked, do you think still can go up $40k. My AD just called me to top up whether I want 1 G bid for $91k even they in the mid to refund me. Still thinking whether to go ahead anot.

If you need a car urgently, just go ahead and topup, it could be like many other predicted, quota will continue to be lean and COE continue to move up till 2027

If there's a need and it's within a comfortable range for you, just buy lor

The direct liquidity injection into taxi and PHV industry will help to support the current COE prices.  Moreover, with more people returning to office and more places opening up, the demand for transport is going up.  Hence, there might be minor technical corrections but the COE prices will not crash below $30k.

COVID-19: Government sets aside additional S$112 million to help taxi, private-hire car drivers and operators

Out of the S$112 million, S$106 million will go towards a six-month extension of the Special Relief Fund to March next year. The fund, which started in February, helps active taxi and private-hire car drivers defray business costs by providing monthly payouts of S$300 per vehicle per month.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-112-million-taxi-private-hire-drivers-package-lta-13113600

The front loading 1/3 of CB quotas is split from July to Sept. The rest 2/3 is split from Oct to next June. ~300per bid per Cat. will be drop to ~200per bid per Cat., hence the drop of ~100bids.

• Praise 1

52 minutes ago, JQ01 said:

The front loading 1/3 of CB quotas is split from July to Sept. The rest 2/3 is split from Oct to next June. ~300per bid per Cat. will be drop to ~200per bid per Cat., hence the drop of ~100bids.

No wonder, the AD whatapps me to ask me whether I want to topup even I am getting my refund now.

If you get a used car and lose your job you can do PHV

If you get a new car do you really want dirty sweaty smelly strangers

sitting in your brand new car?

:grin:

Spreading all kinds of nasties.

image.png.39cb1f9d95508f44f9518b0130432067.png

1 hour ago, JQ01 said:

For Cat. A and B only, I did not monitor the C, D, E quotas.