COE Bidding – 1st Round of September 2020

Carbon82

1 hour ago, SedanFTW said:

How does the order going from 1 alphabet to the next works?
For this case, SMV2320T to SMV2980M, in what scenario it ends with T, and in what scenario it ends with M?
It doesnt go like SMV____A from 1 to 9999 then SMV____B right? So just wondering how the order works...

https://sgwiki.com/wiki/Vehicle_Checksum_Formula

Can check here for the alphabet.

↡ Advertisement

Hi, wanna check with those bro over here that able to get back the deposit from the AD, may I know how they return you the deposit? Cash? Cashier orders? Internet transfer? Back to you credit card? 

Thanks... 

7 minutes ago, Shaunchan85 said:

Hi, wanna check with those bro over here that able to get back the deposit from the AD, may I know how they return you the deposit? Cash? Cashier orders? Internet transfer? Back to you credit card? 

Thanks... 

I had the experience of having the deposit refunded from the AD as I changed my mind on the vehicle - amount refunded back to credit card with a credit card administrative fee charged (2% - cant remember?).

• Praise 1

14 minutes ago, Shaunchan85 said:

Thanks... 

My deposit was paid via credit card so my previous AD refunded the amounts back to the card.

If bank transfer, usually the refund is by cheque. 

9 minutes ago, Wolfverine said:

I had the experience of having the deposit refunded from the AD as I changed my mind on the vehicle - amount refunded back to credit card with a credit card administrative fee charged (2% - cant remember?).

If already pay the credit card bill, So after they refund, that go to the bank and draw out the money with the 2% charge? 

7 minutes ago, HarimaBoozie said:

My deposit was paid via credit card so my previous AD refunded the amounts back to the card.

So i go back to the bank and draw out the money after they refund? 

For me, I’m just looking forward to the 6th bid and refund collection to shop elsewhere.

Lesson learnt - AD is as important as choice of car.  Some are just half-hearted small timers that just pray (harder than buyers!) at every COE bid cycle for it to fall.  Sometimes you just wonder how long can they remain in business with such CMI outlook.

1 hour ago, Shaunchan85 said:

If already pay the credit card bill, So after they refund, that go to the bank and draw out the money with the 2% charge? 

2% is levied by the AD, not the credit card/bank. This was way back in 2014 when I was one leg in for Macan S but gave up as the wait was too long. As for drawing the $$ out, I'm not familiar with your issuing bank's policy - best to check with them.

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, Bensky said:

For me, I’m just looking forward to the 6th bid and refund collection to shop elsewhere.

Lesson learnt - AD is as important as choice of car.  Some are just half-hearted small timers that just pray (harder than buyers!) at every COE bid cycle for it to fall.  Sometimes you just wonder how long can they remain in business with such CMI outlook.

Which AD are you talking about?

If Komoco, they are definitely not small timer.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
2 hours ago, Wolfverine said:

2 hours ago, Wolfverine said:

Wa which AD?

12 hours ago, HarimaBoozie said:

Where is the member that will scream so I lose all my points when they refund my credit card? 

How can?  So unfair. Cheat me only. 

:D

3 hours ago, awhtc said:

Singapore COE Analysis

1 in 4 cars sold here in July was a BMW or Mercedes-Benz

https://www.carbuyer.com.sg/1-in-4-cars-sold-here-be-a-bmw-or-mercedes-benz/amp/

Thanks for sharing. IMO, there is a good pool of people who are not economically adversely impacted by COVID and with traveling/holidays being curtailed, the money that they have "saved" will be ploughed to other form of enjoyment - buying themselves a nice car!

Happy bidding one and all!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7
  • Shocked 1