'End of Singapore' for expats

Mockngbrd

Maybe we should do a kee chiu  , how many of us here who are working in a MNC, whereby your local boss is not an AMDK along the upline? or your peers have less than 30% CECA ? 😀😀

We are not talking about cutting down to 0, but a more balanced mix, yet the amdk are already kpkb, why  the impact is felt so badly? Because SGP has been a free flow market  to them. 

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Leo72 said:

Agree, most Singaporeans actually don't mind real foreign talents but they're disgusted with those "fake foreign talents" and I believe those complaining are mostly "fake foreign talents". Companies won't easily let go of real foreign talents unless they're really in a very bad shape. 

Throughout my 20 years plus working life, I had met real foreign talents and also met / crossed swords with "fake foreign talents" to the extend that the "fake foreign talents" complained to the VP that I was bullying and over stepping the boundary in the course of work. And that goes my career and chance of promotion though my direct reporting manager standby me and supported me all the time. Though the VP find no fault of mine but commented that I can't get along with colleagues which obviously not the case as I do get along with the "real foreign talents" from the same country. Even local Singaporeans who don't do their work properly will not get an easy life from me when work is concern.

some of the AM  i meet are really talented, cannot deny they contribute esp their ideal and culture. but not all thing they bring is good, the boss need to judge and absorbe their good point.

the worst type is when a company employ 1 ft for their expertise, they abuse their power and bring in their OWN PPL regardless if local can also perform the same task .

• Praise 2

In these challenging times, as a singaporean , how would I feel if i see an expat living the good life in Singapore , living in a central region condo, driving a nice BMW M5 while my fellow singaporean , a graduate is unemployed or underemployed, fighting with the rest to ballot for a BTO, having to serve NS and squeezing with others on public transport.

Seriously these expats should just go home, in such bad times, it is not unreasonable for us to expect the elected government to take care of its own citizens first. 

Edited by No_worries
  • Praise 7

3 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

GOOD!

And I couldn't have put it better myself. Well said, unnamed British lady. 😂👍🏼

Oh and that PLP traitor Calvin Cheng should shut the f**k up. In general, not just regarding this issue. 

When I read those postings by Calvin Cheng, they sound like paid advertisements.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

18 minutes ago, No_worries said:

In these challenging times, as a singaporean , how would I feel if i see an expat living the good life in Singapore , living in a central region condo, driving a nice BMW M5 while my fellow singaporean , a graduate is unemployed or underemployed, fighting with the rest to ballot for a BTO, having to serve NS and squeezing with others on public transport.

Seriously these expats should just go home, in such bad times, it is not unreasonable for us to expect the elected government to take care of its own citizens first. 

If an elected governments main role is not for its own citizens then what good is it for? Always has to put citizens first. 

I yet to see any facts and figures form MOM to show that with more FT, lives of the citizens are indeed better off.

all they can say it that it is the foreigner is still increasing but at a slower rate. 

Edited by Mkl22

Just now, No_worries said:

No, in fact new car prices are increasing .

wait lah a few rounds more ; all this grants and JSS stops/ taper off see how ....... akan datang-ning    

• Praise 1

Since July the mood has dramatically shifted against foreign workers,” said another British woman who did not wish to be named. “My advice to anyone considering moving to [insert country] on assignment would be – don’t do it, you have no rights here, they don’t want you.”

The caption above.... it's not just Sg. It's the same for every country on this planet today.

Don't single out Sg and make it seem we are unreasonable. 

Edited by Karoon
  • Praise 3

2 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Good times we share, bad times, bobian. But i empathise with everyone who has lost their job coz soon, it might be my turn. 

At least the AMDK countries still have unemployment benefits, we can’t even use for our own CPF money.   Give chance lah. 

If real talents, I am sure the companies will invite you back next year or in 2022.

If real talents, most likely companies will not let them go in the first place unless the company is in a really bad shape. But then if a company who employ real talents will not get into bad shape so easily.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Just now, Kb27 said:

so expats can go back to their own country.

who is going to miss them ?

not me certainly. and many people I guess.

Mock will miss AMDL greatly

• Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

so expats can go back to their own country.

who is going to miss them ?

not me certainly. and many people I guess.

How to go back when there are no flights and borders are closed?

3 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

How to go back when there are no flights and borders are closed?

i think most countries are open to receive back their citizens with open arms.

54 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

When I read those postings by Calvin Cheng, they sound like paid advertisements.

Unpaid adverts.

He is trying hard to carry balls of his "masters" on his own initiative

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1