9/9 Shopping Deal Consolidation Thread

kobayashiGT

38 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

I don't dare to put any battery other than the one under the hood in my car unattended especially after all the pmds caught fire. Used to put an electric shaver in my car but took it out and put in my bag now. 

Yes. You are right.

Probably next trip need to bring it over to ikea for disposal. 😬

Cost me 40plus dollar. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

On 9/14/2020 at 1:58 PM, Lala81 said:

Do show pics side by side vs your tefal when it arrives. 

I think u can fit in more. Hopefully it come with multi levels trays or racks. 

Delivered few days ago. Externally not much bigger, but internally much bigger. The first meal I cooked was with a jumbo chicken from NTUC at 1.7kg. Did not use the rotiserrie function as very tight to have a vege tray below. So used the stainless steel tray above the vege tray and prop the chicken with 4 pieces of cut carrots to prevent skin sticking to the metal mesh. Chicken  definitely browned much better than before.

An observation is that the new oven is noticeably hotter than the old one. Used it to bake sweet potatoes from NTUC the last few days, trying out from different countries such as USA, Vietnam, Japan, Indon, definitely cook faster now.. Anyway very easy to bake just need to wash them and put into oven for an hour. If you keen to know, japan variety is best but very expensive at $5.50 for 500g. The most worth to buy turn out to be from Vietnam, same variety but < $3 for 750g, got lychee taste some more haha.

The build quality of the new oven is actually not very good, but nothing to complain at this price point with individual temperature control for upper and lower heating elements. Definitely good for beginners like me and can do most of the oven and baking tasks reasonably.

IMG-20200919-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20200919-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20200919-WA0011.jpg

• Praise 1