9/9 Shopping Deal Consolidation Thread

kobayashiGT

1 hour ago, Stratovarius said:

Youtrip is good for foreign currencies transaction due to lower conversion rates and no admin fee. This trumps over any cc cashback/points. But for platforms using local currency like shoppe and qoo10, cc with cashback are better.

I don't think that's true. Cashback and points can be in the range of 3-8% depending on how you value certain vouchers or miles. Will fully cover any transaction fees.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Ysc3 said:

X50pro ?

no lah. My mother only use 2 app. no need good phone one.

SG 4D & SG TOTO. 🤣

I gotten her a Y20.

• Haha! 3

10 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

I don't think that's true. Cashback and points can be in the range of 3-8% depending on how you value certain vouchers or miles. Will fully cover any transaction fees.

I buy frequently from AMZ, Ebay and Ali. My comparison shows that the cc exchange rate is usually around 5% difference than direct conversion. For example, I recently bought something @2460jpy. Youtrip conversion is 31.84SGD while CC is 33.74SGD+admin fee.

Of course your mileage may differ if you consider points and min spend to hit higher tier savings. For me, I just look at direct difference.

On 9/8/2020 at 10:03 AM, Hamburger said:

One best investment for my kids when they studying from PSLE to A level. 

The 2 in 1 dinning table. Study and eat on the same platform. [nod]

? can adjust height?

If starting out from late primary school, then can lah. But early primary school, cannot use normal table.

Edited by Lala81

1 hour ago, Ysc3 said:

I am pretty much set on a xiaomi TV already when the time comes.... 😊

Was looking at XM 65" Tv which is quite cheap. Any good? I did some research but couldn't find anything useful. In the end bought LG. [laugh]

5 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

? can adjust height?

If starting out from late primary school, then can lah. But early primary school, cannot use normal table.

Bro, you seen any dinning table with adjustable height before? 

I have not though. :a-panic:

• Haha! 2

17 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

Was looking at XM 65" Tv which is quite cheap. Any good? I did some research but couldn't find anything useful. In the end bought LG. [laugh]

I bought a 32" xiaomi.... Installed Netflix and other apps....  So far so good... Except have to use an airmouse to manoeuvre Netflix. 

• Praise 1

31 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

I buy frequently from AMZ, Ebay and Ali. My comparison shows that the cc exchange rate is usually around 5% difference than direct conversion. For example, I recently bought something @2460jpy. Youtrip conversion is 31.84SGD while CC is 33.74SGD+admin fee.

Of course your mileage may differ if you consider points and min spend to hit higher tier savings. For me, I just look at direct difference.

i got USD debit card recently for my USD held for shares purposes. So i switched to using that instead. rather than earning 0.05% interest haha

But yes, i use youtrip for my TB purchases. Transact in RMB.

• Praise 2

16 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

get this study table and use this as dining table [laugh]

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/bekant-desk-sit-stand-white-s89061189/

I was thinking of getting something like this for my kid.

Cos the stupid children studying height adjustable tables from china, will slide down over time one. It's Held by friction from a screw. Not held by adjustable bolts which i cannot understand why. The height adjustable chair also one side spoil. zzz 

54 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

? can adjust height?

My son will be taking over my scratch proof desk. So me and wifey gotten him a height adjustable chair from taobao. Hahaha

29 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I was thinking of getting something like this for my kid.

Cos the stupid children studying height adjustable tables from china, will slide down over time one. It's Held by friction from a screw. Not held by adjustable bolts which i cannot understand why. The height adjustable chair also one side spoil. zzz 

Your is a girl which generally very well behave.

My boy I very much doubt this table can last for a month. Every trip to ikea he already spend minutes playing with the height.😬

39 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

I bought a 32" xiaomi.... Installed Netflix and other apps....  So far so good... Except have to use an airmouse to manoeuvre Netflix. 

There are some Xiaomi model that support netflix and Amazon video for European market, even the remote also have a netflix button. It also has our local DTV and come with a passive antenna as well.

https://shopee.sg/Digital-Ready-LED-TV-Netflix-In-build-Xiaomi-Global-set-Android-Smart-TV-65-FREE-ANTENNA-i.91674180.6834145771

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Kopites said:

My son will be taking over my scratch proof desk. So me and wifey gotten him a height adjustable chair from taobao. Hahaha

11 minutes ago, Kopites said:

my experience with the TB standard height adjustable desk/chair one is quite lemon. I won't recommend to anyone.
I got mine about 4 years ago. 

Going to get this from Ikea to replace the faulty chair
https://www.ikea.com/sg/en/p/oerfjaell-childrens-desk-chair-white-vissle-dark-grey-30441785/

hmm no lah. all kids are playful. sure test limit.

Edited by Lala81

2 minutes ago, Ghgan said:

There are some Xiaomi model that support netflix and Amazon video for European market, even the remote also have a netflix button. It also has our local DTV and come with a passive antenna as well.

https://shopee.sg/Digital-Ready-LED-TV-Netflix-In-build-Xiaomi-Global-set-Android-Smart-TV-65-FREE-ANTENNA-i.91674180.6834145771

😂.... My TV only $160 .... My airmouse only $12 ... Can already.... 

3 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

my experience with the TB standard height adjustable desk/chair one is quite lemon. I won't recommend to anyone.
I got mine about 4 years ago. 

Going to get this from Ikea to replace the faulty chair
https://www.ikea.com/sg/en/p/oerfjaell-childrens-desk-chair-white-vissle-dark-grey-30441785/

hmm no lah. all kids are playful. sure test limit.

We ordered this from taobao.

No roller (very important especially my boy)

. Height adjustable and swivel. 

.arm rest for added protection(hmm should be restriction)🤭

Ebay/amazon selling at 200 to 300 plus. Same design (imitation) 100 at taobao.

IMG-20200902-WA0007.jpg

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

😂.... My TV only $160 .... My airmouse only $12 ... Can already.... 

The only downside is the side load netflix app only give you SD instead of HD. You probably need 2 remote, 1 xiaomi remote to turn on tv and airmouse to navigate netflix. Using airmouse on netflix to me is very troublesome as the netflix app is not optimize to use mouse or airmouse.

↡ Advertisement