Eldershield vs careshield vs Pte insurance

Mustank

Worth to upgrade from eldershield to careshield?

Eldershield vs careshield vs Pte insurance, the elder shield and care shield is it a lot more value for money than Pte insurance?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

12 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Worth to upgrade from eldershield to careshield?

Eldershield vs careshield vs Pte insurance, the elder shield and care shield is it a lot more value for money than Pte insurance?

Isn't it automatic? I just received the letter and read briefly through it.

From my understanding the benefits of careshield >> eldershield. 

Pte disability insurance is not cheap one bro. I got one insuring up to X amount/year and the premium is subject to yearly review.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

8 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Isn't it automatic? I just received the letter and read briefly through it.

From my understanding the benefits of careshield >> eldershield. 

Pte disability insurance is not cheap one bro. I got one insuring up to X amount/year and the premium is subject to yearly review.

Because if worth the money, I want to upgrade the cover

i get the impression that cpf products all Super worth it one because my friend say he outside find the annuity cannot compare with cpf life payout rate

so I want to find out more about eldershield vs careshield. Also can upgrade the shield one 

we all middle age one, careshield is auto opt in but not compulsory. Can opt out. But opt out is become eldershield

Edited by Mustank
  • Praise 4

6 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Because if worth the money, I want to upgrade the cover

i get the impression that cpf products all Super worth it one because my friend say he outside find the annuity cannot compare with cpf life payout rate

so I want to find out more about eldershield vs careshield. Also can upgrade the shield one 

we all middle age one, careshield is auto opt in but not compulsory. Can opt out. But opt out is become eldershield

eldershield is a much lousier plan than careshield from my cursory reading.

Upgrade i dunno. I already have a loss of income/disability pte insurance. 
If u do ask around, please update us.

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

eldershield is a much lousier plan than careshield from my cursory reading.

Upgrade i dunno. I already have a loss of income/disability pte insurance. 
If u do ask around, please update us.

I tiagong it is not easy to fail the 6 daily activities of living (therefore can claim)

I found this:

221_pdf

https://www.cfps.org.sg/publications/the-singapore-family-physician/article/221_pdf

• Praise 1

53 minutes ago, Mustank said:

I tiagong it is not easy to fail the 6 daily activities of living (therefore can claim)

I found this:

221_pdf

https://www.cfps.org.sg/publications/the-singapore-family-physician/article/221_pdf

It's definitely not easy. By the time u can claim it, u won't have the physical or mental capability to surf mcf...

But the most impt for careshield. It's life long.

Even if u are badly disabled, u can easily go on for another 10-20 years if your health isn't too bad. 

In fact for eldershield if it still continued on I wouldn't have paid for it cos it's only payout for 3 years Iirc. I told my parents that small amount of money doesn't matter much to them. And it's something me or my sis can easily fork out. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

If you indeed claim careshield > eldershield.

Eldershield only 6 years but careshield life long.

careshield payout higher too, which will take care of the higher careshield premium (1 month claim about 1 year extra premium paid).

so careshield > eldershield

• Praise 3

Frankly, I think it is not for me and shouldn't be compulsory.

If I am "severely disabled", I think I will consider euthanasia rather than live on - esp if I am already old and seen what I wanna see and done what I wanna do. So this is just waste of my premium $$$ to me.

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

If I am "severely disabled", I think I will consider euthanasia rather than live on - esp if I am already old and seen what I wanna see and done what I wanna do. So this is just waste of my premium $$$ to me.

How to euthanasia?

if can, I also want to consider 

I roughly know how lah. But not easy to find someone willing to do for me

• Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, Mustank said:

How to euthanasia?

if can, I also want to consider 

decat your car then pipe the exhaust in? 😁

Can't find anyone willing to do as it is not illegal (for now!). Best not to involve anyone else or they could be in trouble after that.

Edited by ToyotaShuttle
  • Praise 1

10 hours ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

No euthanasia in sg lo. So you still need to continue to suffer, unless suicides.

• Praise 1

50 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Post it in your Facebook, there will be a lot of offer, try it if you dont believe  😀😀😀

Edited by Ct3833
  • Haha! 1

ElderShield also have lifetime payout if you engage one of the private insurers. 

I’m also quite sure Careshield will soon have the private insurer portion also... 

just like our MediShield , basic basic only, still need private shield plan to supplement it unless you ok with the lower coverage and such. 

always need to top up a bit more to enhance to a more decent level. 

the main advantage for Careshield is covering existing condition. 
this itself is much superior ... 

• Praise 1

Hi is it recommended to keep Eldershield? If yes then which insurer is better? Is Eldershield for life?

Sent from HUAWEI VOG-L29 using GAGT

↡ Advertisement