Food for thought - How to make the best out of a non-ideal situation?

Carbon82

For those who like to take to the social media and air your displeasure whenever you encountered some annoying situation, is that all you can do? Let me introduce you to this short video...

Please pause the video before the 0:50 mark, and think of what would you do if you face a similar situation as this guy...

"Every night I would get an alert from my driveway security camera, and at first I was a bit annoyed, but then I found myself looking forward to the evening alert. And then inspiration struck, in the form of my wife giving me this great idea. What transpired has turned into the best part of an otherwise dreary pandemic summer," wrote CanyonChasers on his YouTube post.

So what was his solution? Maybe you have already seen the whole video clip, but here's what he did, which has also won him a lot of praises from his neighbors and netizens.

He painted a race track on his driveway with chalk so that the kid could follow and ride through it. Every time it rain and the "track" got washed off, he would paint a new and more elaborate one. He even started to put words of encouragement on it. The track soon proved to be very popular, attracting even adults to test their riding skill...

The news and video eventually reach a senior executive at NBC, who reached out to both the YouTuber and the kid to give them NASCAR merchandise from official drivers. Talk about a happy ending for all!

So the next time when an unpleasant situation pops up, give yourself a little time to think if you can transform your problem into something better, maybe not as interesting or entertaining as what this guy did, but at least something which could have save your day. [:)]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 23

1 hour ago, BanCoe said:

I go down Istana n do like dis 🤣🤣 , outside got a lot of space ..... I will do snake  n ladders or hop scotch 

Jio our president ai challenge mai? 😄

• Haha! 5

Internal Moderator
9 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

For those who like to take to the social media and air your displeasure whenever you encountered some annoying situation, is that all you can do? Let me introduce you to this short video...

Please pause the video before the 0:50 mark, and think of what would you do if you face a similar situation as this guy...

"Every night I would get an alert from my driveway security camera, and at first I was a bit annoyed, but then I found myself looking forward to the evening alert. And then inspiration struck, in the form of my wife giving me this great idea. What transpired has turned into the best part of an otherwise dreary pandemic summer," wrote CanyonChasers on his YouTube post.

So what was his solution? Maybe you have already seen the whole video clip, but here's what he did, which has also won him a lot of praises from his neighbors and netizens.

He painted a race track on his driveway with chalk so that the kid could follow and ride through it. Every time it rain and the "track" got washed off, he would paint a new and more elaborate one. He even started to put words of encouragement on it. The track soon proved to be very popular, attracting even adults to test their riding skill...

The news and video eventually reach a senior executive at NBC, who reached out to both the YouTuber and the kid to give them NASCAR merchandise from official drivers. Talk about a happy ending for all!

So the next time when an unpleasant situation pops up, give yourself a little time to think if you can transform your problem into something better, maybe not as interesting or entertaining as what this guy did, but at least something which could have save your day. [:)]

first thing first. Why he keep monitor his CCTV? hahaha.

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

first thing first. Why he keep monitor his CCTV? hahaha.

Think he got a alert from his CCTV?! Lol.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

8 hours ago, BanCoe said:

I go down Istana n do like dis 🤣🤣 , outside got a lot of space ..... I will do snake  n ladders or hop scotch 

Yup. But you probably not be doing it for very long and probably wont see or hear much from you from that day on

• Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

Yup. But you probably not be doing it for very long and probably wont see or hear much from you from that day on

Neber mind , U do for me crowd funding or singly  @mersaylee can bail me  , and get me the Lawyer Anil Balchandani 😂;  I will use chalk so rain can wash away and I will say I got inspiration from @Carbon82    🤣🤣

• Haha! 2

17 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

I wish I had a big drive way like his. 😀

Heh pal, look on the bright side, you still have a driveway in front of your house right? Many others including myself don't even stay in landed property. [:)]

14 hours ago, BanCoe said:

Yah yah, you can't wait to tell the whole MCF that you stay next to the Istana right? I bet you to do that tonight, and I will stay awake to watch the breaking news on act of mischief by... ... :D

Want to jio @Angcheek & @Freeder along? [:p]

12 hours ago, mersaylee said:

Jio our president ai challenge mai? 😄

Idea siah... [idea]

organization_logo?img_id=3120421

6 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

It depend on who is he, maybe he will be just be given an advisory? :D

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 5

17 hours ago, BanCoe said:

let's bet with all the mcfers here if you could complete  your one round 😀😀

Edited by Ct3833
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, BanCoe said:

“Dry run” can try your house 🏠 drive way @Carbon82 say 1 🤣🤣

He had a wrong person, something like this maybe possible.😅😅

Screenshot_20200911-071139_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Ct3833
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

He had a wrong person, something like this maybe possible.😅😅

Screenshot_20200911-071139_Gallery.jpg

Wah an Original Limited Edition Tiffany blue bike .....  can buy at least a few dozens Bromptons 🤣🤣

• Haha! 1

My place got similar challenge.. every night the ceca kids would come out and play and shout and scream at public areas till their dinner time around 9pm. Not ideal for people who want peace and quiet. 

I am now inspired to improve my aim with a catapult. 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

On 9/12/2020 at 2:03 PM, Karoon said:

My place got similar challenge.. every night the ceca kids would come out and play and shout and scream at public areas till their dinner time around 9pm. Not ideal for people who want peace and quiet. 

I am now inspired to improve my aim with a catapult. 

Kids will be kids be it CECA - porean or not.

my neighbour kid do occasional play loudly but as he is a 3 year old, it’s better to be noisy rather then missing in action 

• Praise 1

Many companies in the tourism industry is complaining businesses affected by COVID-19, but NOT this one in Japan.

Company uses empty buses to create giant maze after tours drop due to COVID-19

It’s been a tough year for businesses, particularly those tied to the tourism industry, as international and domestic travel restrictions brought about by the pandemic have put a huge dent in financial turnovers.

One of the businesses affected has been Japan’s Hato Bus company. Known as one of Tokyo’s leading tour operators, Hato Bus was forced to put the brakes on business operations for several months during the nationwide state of emergency earlier this year.

While tours started back up again on a much smaller scale from June, the company recorded 20 million yen (US$190,551) in sales during the usually busy summer holiday month of August. This pales in comparison to the same time last year, when figures clocked in at 150 million yen (US$1.4 million).

Like many companies, Hato Bus has had to think outside of the box in order to stay afloat during these troubling times, and they came up with a brilliant solution — using the empty buses at their head depot to create a giant maze.

The maze was made up of 60 buses, all parked tightly together in various formations to create narrow thoroughfares on the grounds of the Tokyo Station depot.

The company decided to offer the unusual maze experience to customers as part of a special bus tour from Tokyo Station to the Small Worlds Tokyo theme park in Ariake, with tickets priced at 4,980 yen (US$47.44) for adults and 3,980 yen for children, including admission.

The promise of a giant bus maze immediately caught the attention of the public, with the head office inundated with calls and tickets quickly selling out before the event.

Speaking to the media about the impetus behind the unusual maze experience, the head of the company’s PR department, Yusei Ishikawa, told news outlets that they wanted to dispel the common misconception that buses aren’t as well ventilated as trains.

Looking for ways to educate the public on the ventilation systems used inside their buses, they decided to create a special tour that included the maze…and an onboard experience that demonstrates how the air inside is exchanged with the air outside every five minutes.

The tour was limited to six groups of 30 and ran during the 19-22 September long weekend. It’s a brilliant marketing plan by the bus company that brought us the single women’s host club tour, and one they’ll hopefully offer again in the future. Because now everyone knows about their ventilation capabilities, bus travel doesn’t look so bad after all!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8
  • Sad 1