Luke's Lobster officially opening at Shaw House on Sep. 23, 2020

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

Luke's Lobster officially opening at Shaw House on Sep. 23, 2020

source: https://mothership.sg/2020/09/lukes-lobster-opening/

lukes-lobster.png

It's official: Luke's Lobster will be opening its first outlet in Singapore on Sep. 23, 2020.

Opening on Sep. 23

Known for its Maine-style lobster rolls, the first outlet will be located at Shaw House.

According to a press release, it will be located at the ground floor of Shaw House.

The eatery will have 23 seats but has been whittled down to 17 seats due to safe distancing measures.

Apart from Singapore, Luke's Lobster has outlets in the United States and Japan.

Smaller-sized rolls are served with about 113g of chilled, wild-caught lobster in a toasted, buttered bu, compliment with mayo, lemon butter and in-house seasoning.

Apart from lobster rolls, they also serve other seafood rolls including crab and shrimp.

According to its US website, a lobster roll with chips costs US$17 (S$23.32).

A crab roll served with chips costs US$14 (S$19.20), while a shrimp roll served with chips goes for US$10 (S$13.72).

If you can't decide on what seafood to get, there is also the Luke's Trio, which serves half of each roll:

The prices in Singapore has not been confirmed, however, in a report by The Straits Times, the chief executive officer of Caerus Holding -- the company that brought in Luke's Lobster -- is quoted as saying that it will remain affordable for its quality.

Where to go: 50 Orchard Road #01-K4, Shaw House, Isetan Scotts, Singapore 238868

When to go: 10am to 9pm, daily (Opens from 1pm only on Sep. 23)

Damn, Singaporean are so lucky these days.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8

Had the trio while in Washington DC last December. Remembered the roll was soft and delicious, went very well with the beer and feeling very good walking out of the cosy restaurant. But I also remember the unique seafood fishy smell that hit you the moment you enter the restaurant. Hopefully here do not have that smell haha.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
47 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

wanted to try in tokyo. But the queue not conducive towards kids lol.

get the trio one. a bit of everything.

But I think eating at Japan will be very different. I remb I was eating there when the weather is cold. the lobster still chilled one. hahah. Damn shiok to the mouth.

• Praise 1

Just hope the "standard" would not drop too much.

So many franchise came to Singapore and flopped because the people hired here just put the food together rather than cook them.

• Praise 3

12 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Wow, open at this bad timing.  How long can they last.

Many people go out now liao, phase 2 as if like phase 3 or like no more covid lo, so should have business la. Like the recent newly opened of Joy Luck teahouse and Hang Heung cake shop in ION orchard, super long queue even on a weekday le. [rolleyes]

59 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Really nice when I had it in NY. Attached photos I taken.

20181015_121813.thumb.jpg.4b9263e89861e76a8ee507eaf53c9b2d.jpg

20181015_122107.thumb.jpg.af8e6c54cb6a8230565c8539af0d7c18.jpg

Curious if you had a whiff of the stale seafood smell while in the eatery? Aircon place right?

12 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Many people go out now liao, phase 2 as if like phase 3 or like no more covid lo, so should have business la. Like the recent newly opened of Joy Luck teahouse and Hang Heung cake shop in ION orchard, super long queue even on a weekday le. [rolleyes]

Many this type of fusion food, long queue, crowded when just open. After sometime close down.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2