How many of us know it's not Finders Keepers?

Jusnel

23 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

its a shame people still do that nowadays. Guess it's hard to educate and control. At least he got back his important documents.

Maybe greediness is human nature?!

↡ Advertisement

5 hours ago, 13177 said:

Lucky you that he did not say you took the $200 cash?! Lol.

I think he knew that if I had taken the cash, I would not be brave enough to go to the house. 

Btw, I had benefited from a stranger's kindness previously. My son lost his wallet. The finder brought it home. Her daughter-in-law traced thru my son's then girl friend and i represented my son to collect from it from her house. I brought along a box of Roche as a token of appreciation. From then I sent her CNY greetings for more than 10 years...

On 9/10/2020 at 8:14 PM, Jamesc said:

When I was small I found a wallet and took it home and my mother said I can keep it only if someone had really lost it.

I told her then I can keep it as someone really lost it.

She asked how I am so sure.

So I told her I saw the man looking for it.

:grin:

Bro, you go ask ah? Maybe he looking for his $0.20 coin? 

Must also see drop out of his pocket ma :grin:

These days just use the LCD as replacement, can throw the rest away.

• Haha! 1

On 9/10/2020 at 10:12 PM, Ct3833 said:

I picked up an iPhone once,  waited for whole day before an angmoh called me. best is he said he does not know how to go to my place because he had no more phone  to navigate there, after telling where he lost his phone to confirm he was the owener, I went back to the place to return his phone😪😪

Found a phone belonging to pinoy maid at the mall near my place.   Waited for her to call.  Then had to drive quite several bus stops away to return to her at her block void deck becos she cannot afford to take 2 hours to travel back and forth.  she was indeed very grateful and thank me profusely.

i think its important that people understand that phone is identity in todays world.  Its no fun to lose your identity.

Cost nothing but a bit of time and trouble to return and the result is a relieved and thankful person.  

i hope that if it ever happens to me, the kind person would be willing to do the same. 

• Praise 7

I lost my wallet once donkeys year ago, placed wallet between my thigh at a bus stop seat, dropped off next stop and ran all the way back but found it disappeared . Cash, ID card and some document gone . . . that day onwards, I learn't to be careful .

Karma happened thereafter, I tend to pick up few wallets, keys and ciggie lighters < Landyard , student pass & camera along the way .hahaha ! ( guess I'm more a finder )

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1