TikTok owner plans to spend billions in Singapore after US ban

StreetFight3r

A very poor show by the American Congress.  Bunch of old fogeys who dont know anything about tech nor social media.  Especially the guy with the texan drawl and the fat bitch.
Only one black Congresswoman spoke with dignity and relevance.  

what an embarrassment! 

Good thing Chew ShouZi didnt throw Singaporean face.  Swee lah!  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9
  • Haha! 2

On 3/24/2023 at 4:22 PM, Wt_know said:

The CEO said that “American data is stored on American soil by an American company, overseen by American personnel”.

Maybe that's why Congress really really don't trust the data security.....

• Haha! 2

On 3/24/2023 at 6:28 PM, Jman888 said:

wah you so into these social media for young people, I'm still at FB stage, haven't explore IG or Twitter  not to mention tiktok [sweatdrop]

I have not reached FB stage.... Still at YT. 

• Haha! 2

I watched some of the session. The way they 'tekan' him, basically no give chance for him to talk at all. In their heads they already made up their minds, so whatever they asked is just a waste of time. It was more like an attacking session.

• Praise 4

Supercharged

I only use Linkedin to keep up with corporate world.  No other social medias. I find social media distracting. 

Edited by Starry
  • Praise 2

On 3/25/2023 at 1:26 AM, Benarsenal said:

I watched some of the session. The way they 'tekan' him, basically no give chance for him to talk at all. In their heads they already made up their minds, so whatever they asked is just a waste of time. It was more like an attacking session.

That's wat many here donch like about our current crop...too much of that style...simi lj also try to mimic...frame questions to expect with only yes or no answer...either way they oredi prep the rebuttals to counter...what's the point then? Still want to ditch the old Brittleish way and go UtheAss route...

I must say SC had punched above his weight against the multiple meditated punches threw at him in that 5 gruesome hours not many so called politicians here can lust...

• Praise 2

On 3/25/2023 at 1:55 AM, Starry said:

I only use Linkedin to keep up with corporate world.  No other social medias. I find social media distracting. 

Some are fake ones also...some of my ex coworkers anyhow update their credentials and experiences...😂

His replies are often interrupted and evasive. 

They looking for a "yes" or "no" answer. He refused to give it as such. 

They will rephrase the same question and he will attempt to explain but they not interested. 

Just ban it then. Its obviously an already decided matter, at least looks and sounds like that to me. 

Yada-ing. 

Stay safe all 

Cheers 

• Praise 5

On 3/25/2023 at 10:09 AM, PSP415 said:

His replies are often interrupted and evasive. 

They looking for a "yes" or "no" answer. He refused to give it as such. 

They will rephrase the same question and he will attempt to explain but they not interested. 

Just ban it then. Its obviously an already decided matter, at least looks and sounds like that to me. 

Yada-ing. 

Stay safe all 

Cheers 

I tink they'll be forced to sell the US operations...donch tink the law breakers...i mean lawmakers want to upset the 150mil active users in their own backyard...keep them active online better than on the streets...😁

• Praise 1

And to say TT corrupt the children. As if before TT appeared, there was nothing corruptible. Really? 

Firearms is the number one killer over there, many many kiddos are victims. No corruption, just death. 

How they fix this problem? Are they putting those responsible for flooding firearms in their country in the very room to be interrogated? 

This is how America is gonna be idiotic, I mean great, greatly idiotic. 

🤭😂😂😂

Yada-ing. 

Stay safe all 

Cheers 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

On 3/25/2023 at 10:43 AM, PSP415 said:

And to say TT corrupt the children. As if before TT appeared, there was nothing corruptible. Really? 

Firearms is the number one killer over there, many many kiddos are victims. No corruption, just death. 

How they fix this problem? Are they putting those responsible for flooding firearms in their country in the very room to be interrogated? 

This is how America is gonna be idiotic, I mean great, greatly idiotic. 

🤭😂😂😂

Yada-ing. 

Stay safe all 

Cheers 

They want to ban then just ban, Ask c--k questions make them look like crowns😂
All the negative points they bring up is the same as other social media in US at the moment🙄

• Praise 1

On 3/25/2023 at 10:47 AM, Beregond said:

They want to ban then just ban, Ask c--k questions make them look like crowns😂
All the negative points they bring up is the same as other social media in US at the moment🙄

The questions are multi layers machiam Kueh lapis and a "yes" or "no" will create alot more baby lapis. 

He should try with a "no" once and see them ask no for what, then he can answer, "to the middle part of your question after the first part but before the 2nd last part, definitely not the 3rd final part". 

There. America is so great again! 

Just ban it.

I bet majority of those in the room no use TT or really understand how it works. What u dun use or understand, must be bad. Ban it! 

😅😂😂😂

Edited by PSP415
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

On 3/24/2023 at 10:31 PM, Beregond said:

There is a reason for that question,  but mr Hudson is the wrong person to ask. He was certainly briefed,  but clearly didn't have the background to fully understand. 

Tiktok was made in China from douyin folks so Surveillance and tracking is already a given.

It secretly gathers info about the phone and even which phones are around it, very useful gathering tool when tracking dissidents, journalist etc and who/where they meet with.

Mr chew also not so innocent la. Already got caught for tracking journalist with it and as a result even fired some employees,  2 of which are even in China. If he really dunno... then he is not even in control as a CEO. 

↡ Advertisement