TikTok owner plans to spend billions in Singapore after US ban

StreetFight3r

On 3/26/2023 at 10:05 AM, Jamesc said:

Is Facebook and Instagram and WhatsApp banned in China?

7 Foreign web services that are blocked include Facebook, Google, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Yahoo, Slack, and YouTube. 

Iirc... some spokes woman in their foreign affairs dept made statement on twitter before saying is unfair if Americans cannot use tik tok when prc citizens can use western app....

Many PRC actually went to slap her in the comments for lying. One rule for elites,  another for 菲菜

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4

we need to know where your eyes are so that you can wear the sunglasses

else the sunglasses will appear at your kachang ... lol

2023-03-26_152313.png

2023-03-26_152632.png

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 1

On a wider note,  perhaps also look at this from a helicopter view.

The trend of "润了". .. kinda "run road" I guess. 

There's been plenty incidents of Chinese companies moving HQs abroad. Who  knew 🤪 ... you can only arrest so many bosses before they say enough is enough and start moving out ... poor 马云。。 some take Singapore citizenship etc to rebrand. 

But tik tok, should say bytedance better.  I dont think so.😑 it is really a state apparatus,  NOT private enterprise. 

Social apps in China is part of internal security, that's why they ban foreign apps, so tiongs also only hear the right stuff.  We seen how during the lock down, when a bank collapsed and protest came, "coincidentally" all their health apps go red, they knew who were there without needing to go take down id numbers.  There should be no doubt whatsoever what those apps are. VERY powerful tools of influence and control. How long this infomation control can last in China is anybody's guess,  many prc have also had their phones checked by police for "illegal" content. 

But these surveillance influence app is not new, our LKY also very familiar and fight them before, last time known as  communist publications and front "social" organisations. 

But,  Singapore hq and ceo mean what? Bytedance planning to go full " normal" commercial enterprise? Imo, nothing suggest so. It is still DIRECT reporting line to CCP, doesn't matter what mr chew say or think. 

The algo will do the gate keeping behind the scenes. Many people have reported it.

CCP is still fully doing "大外宣",  meaning letting a malignant foreign political organisation right into your society disguised as a fun app... ok to mindless tiktok influencers, but for a govt 🤔... it's another story. 

• Praise 1

my imaginary friend told me that no one … absolutely no one .. can breakaway from CCP

not Huawei

not Alibaba

not Tencent

not Bytedance / Tiktok

not Haidilao

whether you operate outside PRC or you took up oversea cirizenship

[sweatdrop] 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
On 3/25/2023 at 3:09 AM, PSP415 said:

His replies are often interrupted and evasive. 

They looking for a "yes" or "no" answer. He refused to give it as such. 

They will rephrase the same question and he will attempt to explain but they not interested. 

Just ban it then. Its obviously an already decided matter, at least looks and sounds like that to me. 

Yada-ing. 

Stay safe all 

Cheers 

Want to ban also not so straightforward. It's another long legal process that will be challenged for being unconstitutional. That's why it is just for show. I think business as usual after this.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

On 3/26/2023 at 9:43 PM, Sosaria said:

Want to ban also not so straightforward. It's another long legal process that will be challenged for being unconstitutional. That's why it is just for show. I think business as usual after this.

Congress is a law making entity. 

Anyway, the Congress men and women are quite a joke, they don't seems to understand Chinese system and basic technology stuff. 

• Haha! 2

On 3/26/2023 at 10:02 PM, Wt_know said:

my imaginary friend told me that no one … absolutely no one .. can breakaway from CCP

not Huawei

not Alibaba

not Tencent

not Bytedance / Tiktok

not Haidilao

whether you operate outside PRC or you took up oversea cirizenship

[sweatdrop] 

If operate in Mars one day?

My MIL ask why only poor tik talk CEO kenna questions.

Some people are just so ignorant.

All the tech CEOs also kenna.

:D

image.png.07fdc3a469011812aeee5145daa7cd35.png

image.thumb.png.56a1bc05f91070df9c49173ba18d0b4d.png

My MIL then said if US ban Tik Talks

China should ban Googly and Faceblack and Yahoo.

I told her they all already banned.

She still want to support Tik Talks and blame USA.

On 3/26/2023 at 10:23 PM, Voodooman said:

Congress is a law making entity. 

Anyway, the Congress men and women are quite a joke, they don't seems to understand Chinese system and basic technology stuff. 

They could easily get experts to write the scripts for them to read it. Why they behave this way is simple. Arrogant and bully. They just hope to score points with their people for the votes. Americans like to see heros but they don't really care what they say is right or wrong. No need for logic otherwise it is not the america you see today. 

On 3/25/2023 at 8:06 PM, Ghgan said:

All those apps can freely operate there, this is not banning. It means follow the country rules. Apple and Microsoft still operating in China.

This country's rules is let CCP spy on your data plus censor whoever we order correct? 😆

• Haha! 1

Sometimes its hard to distinguish who is worse.

Pro China supporters or Pro Trump supporters.

To be fair I think its a draw.

Both sibei deluded. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1