How relevant is EV for Singapore in 2020?

Rickster

On 9/24/2020 at 11:14 PM, Pplater said:

https://vulcanpost.com/709752/hyundai-electric-car-manufacturing-plant-singapore/

Nobody mentioned Hyundai EV plant will be in SG in 2 years?

I suppose because TS was discussing about EVs in 2020.

I wonder if the govt have told Hyundai exactly what will happen to charging infrastructure within the next 2 years.

something big must be in the plans else Hyundai will struggle to find enough buyers in 2 yrs time.

1 hour ago, ElectricYouth said:

I wonder if the govt have told Hyundai exactly what will happen to charging infrastructure within the next 2 years.

something big must be in the plans else Hyundai will struggle to find enough buyers in 2 yrs time.

Hyundai and Tesla.... Something is brewing. 

On 9/22/2020 at 12:47 PM, Toeknee_33 said:

I punched some numbers in the calculator to see how many chargers need to be installed and this is what I came up with:

SG Car Population: 500,000

Assume average charging frequency of once every 3 days

Assume each charging point has 2 ports and can charge 4 cars (2 in the day time and 2 overnight) = 500,000 cars / 3 days / 4 cars per charge point = 41,666 charge points needed by 2040.

41,666 charge points by 2040 (20 years) means: 41,666 points / 20 years / 365 days = 5.7 charging points

Thus, 5.7 charging points need to be installed, starting from now, every day of the year, for the next 20 years, to meet the infrastructural needs to support an all EV car environment. 

Hope my calculations did not miss anything. Its interesting though.

You calculation assumes the slower AC chargers that typically charges at about 7 kW only. If it was a DC charger, you could charge over 10 cars a day for each charger. Of course that is assuming someone do not leave his car there even if the DC rapid charging is completed. That is why, in some places, there is cost to leave the car tethered even if the meter is not registering any current flow.

On 9/27/2020 at 6:36 PM, Voodooman said:

Hyundai and Tesla.... Something is brewing. 

something is brewing as in they are finding more ways to tax car owners [laugh]

On 9/23/2020 at 6:35 PM, Voodooman said:

Yes, you like the vibration from the chassis to caress your ass plus the slutty moaning from the ICE to make you cum while taking that corner.  

I think if don't change to EV, will kanna jiat and horn at by EV on the road all the time.  

There was a Electric Kona in front of my car on Saturday.

The moment traffic light turned Green, that Kona was pulling away.

My car was struggling to catch up

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

9 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Go test drive. Think the test drive kona is the less powerful version but still lots of torque... Test drive the e Niro to feel the 200bhp EV....

8 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Yes, instant torque.  Don't need to wait for peak torque in ICE set up. 

I was having some fun with i-pace a few months ago.... After i reached home, i googled its century sprint and specs. 🤭

• Haha! 2

21 hours ago, Dannnn said:

anyone got ST Premium pls post here for all to read

Main points:

Home-grown solar power company Sunseap Group set up an electric mobility unit called Charge+, aim to install 10,000 electric vehicle (EV) charging points here by 2030.

Most will be 7.4 kilowatt (kW) AC chargers, but there will be some 60kW DC fast chargers.

Just mentions installing at commercial and residential buildings. Doesn’t mention if HDBs are included but hopefully....

• Haha! 1

On 9/27/2020 at 5:21 PM, ElectricYouth said:

Use case of ev and self autonomus driving to replace grab drivers would probably take off by 2040. By that time 5g and 6g would have matured.

EV has instant torque that is additive. I am driving a Serena ePower and I think it is a good compromise to have an EV without the range anxiety and lack of enough charger. I stay in a condo and there is no charging point. 

For a 1.7 ton fridge on wheels, I have never felt a lack of power and the car is always willing to move from standstill, thanks to the electric motor. In fact, I got the middle finger from a biker this morning because I was accelerating faster than him and passed him too close for him. Blame my addiction to the instant torque.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3