How relevant is EV for Singapore in 2020?

Rickster

2 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Shell's Greenlots is in more than 50 condo (easily 100 chargers), IIRC, and they are building more DC chargers at various petrol stations (current:10). 

Easily 300 in Singapore. 

Pointless to built AC charger.

We need DC Charger

↡ Advertisement

5 hours ago, inlinesix said:

We need DC Charger

I think for battery longevity in the long run, slow charge is preferable over DC fast charge.

and much smaller and probably cheaper since it uses the ac-dc converter in the car...

If you can charge while sleeping/working in office, can go slower...

• Praise 3

6 hours ago, inlinesix said:

We need DC Charger

Doesn't matter. Just park at home and charge overnight, perhaps once a week.

I don't believe waiting 30 mins for the car to be fully charged at a service station will work, I won't buy an EV if I don't have a charging point at home. I agree with Lala on this point. 

• Praise 3

12 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Doesn't matter. Just park at home and charge overnight, perhaps once a week.

I don't believe waiting 30 mins for the car to be fully charged at a service station will work, I won't buy an EV if I don't have a charging point at home. I agree with Lala on this point. 

I will not buy EV unless boh pian.

• Haha! 4

20 hours ago, inlinesix said:

have you test drove an EV? try kona e, niro e or mini e. or even the lower range mg e

Edited by Hons

On 9/22/2020 at 12:47 PM, Toeknee_33 said:

I punched some numbers in the calculator to see how many chargers need to be installed and this is what I came up with:

SG Car Population: 500,000

Assume average charging frequency of once every 3 days

Assume each charging point has 2 ports and can charge 4 cars (2 in the day time and 2 overnight) = 500,000 cars / 3 days / 4 cars per charge point = 41,666 charge points needed by 2040.

41,666 charge points by 2040 (20 years) means: 41,666 points / 20 years / 365 days = 5.7 charging points

Thus, 5.7 charging points need to be installed, starting from now, every day of the year, for the next 20 years, to meet the infrastructural needs to support an all EV car environment. 

Hope my calculations did not miss anything. Its interesting though.

you need to exclude ten of thousands of cars owned by landed property owners. also the buses, company vans, lorries, etc which will not likely to use public charges.

• Praise 3

On 9/22/2020 at 7:19 AM, Yewheng said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/airbus-unveils-concepts-for-hydrogen-powered-plane-13132250

Airbus going to invest in hydrogen powered planes. If airbus hydrogen powered planes proved to be successful.. It could be a game changer as more users will feel hey hydrogen fuel cells car can also be successful in the market too. So let's see whether hydrogen fuel cell cars will start to take off in next 10 yrs. 

Hope won't be like this:

Hindenburg_disaster.jpg.e8f58a28d0082af87d7ffe602da77cfe.jpg

42 minutes ago, Hons said:

you need to exclude ten of thousands of cars owned by landed property owners. also the buses, company vans, lorries, etc which will not likely to use public charges.

Sg vehicular population is closer to 1M. Less commercial, buses, motorcycles, then somewhere between 500k and 1M. 500k is on the low side. 

Landed less another 100k cars (assuming each of the 70k landed homes has about 1.5 cars average).

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 1

21 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Yes, you like the vibration from the chassis to caress your ass plus the slutty moaning from the ICE to make you cum while taking that corner.  

I think if don't change to EV, will kanna jiat and horn at by EV on the road all the time.  

• Haha! 5

45 minutes ago, Hons said:

Yes thanks, in my post I mentioned SG Car population. I am assuming commercial vehicles and buses will continue on fossil fuels. 

Edited by Toeknee_33

5 hours ago, inlinesix said:

I want to try. Any Lobang?

you can just walk into their showroom and ask for a test drive.

↡ Advertisement