SPH smelly?

Jusnel

On 9/12/2020 at 10:47 AM, Jusnel said:

Yeah, the most impt component is the subject. Without any subject, what article can they create?

This may be the biz model all along, but at this digital age, it's time to change the model.

Last time, the only means is through mainstream like SPH, ST, etc.  The common people have no access to other means.

Now is different. I don't need SPH or ST to run my story. I can create my own storyboard with video and whatnot and put them in any platform I want. 

Again, we got to ask the fundamental question: What value proposition does SPH has? 

We can't change how a company functions. It's their policy and they probably will bring this out before settling for the interview. 

But as a company, they have their own interest to protect. If I produce a product and allow people to distribute freely, who will pay for my product in the future?

As consumer, you definity can do your own video and share it on social media. If you are doing this professionally, you would want to monetise from your video. Say in a similar situation, you do an interview of a person and put up on your YouTube channel and found out the person you interviewed put the same video on his/her personal channel, taking away view counts from your channel and affecting your income. Would you do something about it?

↡ Advertisement

9 hours ago, Atrecord said:

Yes, whatever they created is their IP, but then they - of all people - should be very vigilant about IP for the same reason. So taking HOME's video without permission is a serious - not honest - mistake.

Ya. They are not practising what they preach. HOME can definity take action even when sph took the video down. Like the "admin fee" they charged others. 😂

• Haha! 1

21 hours ago, Mustank said:

good deal

My sis signed up the lianhe zao bao for my dad. He loved it. Cheaper than physical subscription. He said easier to read, can zoom in. Lol.

I backside itchy go sign up st. But no time to read everyday. 😑

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Stratovarius said:

My sis signed up the lianhe zao bao for my dad. He loved it. Cheaper than physical subscription. He said easier to read, can zoom in. Lol.

I backside itchy go sign up st. But no time to read everyday. 😑

Should compulsory get everyone to sign up

so that share price can go back up :grin:

53 minutes ago, Mustank said:

I may sign up provided they pay me to read the papaganda

Reason - more subscriptions means more ad revenues to offset the little kopi lui paid for my huge personal effort.

Share price will still not fly unless new age digital techie take over the hot top seat.

😆

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/15/2020 at 10:53 PM, Mustank said:

IMHO.
Just need to be patient.  Sooner or later,  the share price can go back up.
Just look at the at subscription T&C.

"SPH has the right to vary or amend any terms and conditions which may apply to your subscription upon notice in writing by posting to SPH’s website."

E.g.   Covid-19 no enough manpower, so no more door step delivery. Subscribers whack the customer service,  after a while, die down  The most customer service go home cannot sleep. .
So now one delivery person can do more. When economy picks up,  still the same fella doing the same thing = Cost savings.  

Fair or not fair ?  I don't know. 
Monopoly or not ?  I also don't know.

A monopoly definition is  A market structure characterized by a single seller, selling a unique product in the market. In a monopoly market, the seller faces no competition, as he is the sole seller of goods with no close substitute.

So far I think I cannot buy another hardcopy of newspaper.

I recall someone ask me something like .... why cannot go down to postbox to take.   For me,  I like to cite the example time is money.  In that 5-10 mins, I already glance thru many pages of the paper on the table.  😀

• Praise 1