Get rich & drive a Camry?

Soya

It is never easy to do it in real life, especially in the high cost living society like SGP, almost everything is  no money no talk. And we are living in such a small society that  we are constantly under peer pressure, even if we are prepared to let go, how about our spouse and the kids? 

While money may not solve all the problems and may not buy happiness, having enough money would resolve a lot of problems though not all, by having less problems would mean one would likely to  be happier than one who have no money.  The point is one has to know when and how much is enough. I notice as one gets older, he tends to be able to understand better the meaning of enough and learn to let go.  it is difficult to expect a 30 year old to be spiritually happy  by telling him not to chase after money, career , car, condos etc.

But at some point, one has to learn to slow down and think about what he wants in life,  there is no point keep chasing after money especially if one has no time and the required helth to spend it.  

Talking about  Getting rich and drive a Camry, I have a COE Altis, so i am richer in that aspect😀.  I wouldnt  say i feel rich, but i would say i feel at ease. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 7
  • Haha! 2

Simply put:

contentment  is a virtue. Many here are obsessed with what ppl Think of them. They fall flat when ppl dun accept them. Clear insecurity.

YOU are able to decide for yourself what you want and HOW you want to feel. Speak up with what ur conscience tells you and not be beholden to the bosses. You sleep better if you can do that.

disclaimer: I’m not rich but I’m contented! That matters most

• Praise 13

22 minutes ago, yishunite said:

I got married in a Camry... it was lent to us by my mother friend. It was their second car 🙊

Thot u gonna say “I got conceived in a Camry”😓

• Haha! 3

3 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

It is never easy to do it in real life, especially in the high cost living society like SGP, almost everything is  no money no talk. And we are living in such a small society that  we are constantly under peer pressure, even if we are prepared to let go, how about our spouse and the kids? 

While money may not solve all the problems and may not buy happiness, having enough money would resolve a lot of problems though not all, by having less problems would mean one would likely to  be happier than one who have no money.  The point is one has to know when and how much is enough. I notice as one gets older, he tends to be able to understand better the meaning of enough and learn to let go.  it is difficult to expect a 30 year old to be spiritually happy  by telling him not to chase after money, career , car, condos etc.

But at some point, one has to learn to slow down and think about what he wants in life,  there is no point keep chasing after money especially if one has no time and the required helth to spend it.  

Talking about  Getting rich and drive a Camry, I have a COE Altis, so i am richer in that aspect😀.  I wouldnt  say i feel rich, but i would say i feel at ease. 

Ppl say sinkies sibei rich

And many sinkies drive Camry & Altis

So the article is true 

• Haha! 3

3 hours ago, Lala81 said:

A camry starts from 25k and most people get the ones around 30-32k usd. Ha. Won't get you an attrage here. 

But material and digital possessions are fundamental to consumerism. Lol 

Fact is, if we had chosen another less expensive interest than cars, we would all have more $$ in the bank...lol

But some would argue, smlj got $$ but dunno how to enjoy what's the use? 

• Haha! 2

20 minutes ago, RadX said:

Thot u gonna say “I got conceived in a Camry”😓

He was conceived or he conceive?....

Some will say living debt free is the most symbolic... 

'Rich' is a relatively term, I feel rich (although the balance in my bank account say otherwise) as my yardstick is what I have, NOT what I don't. 

Live within our means and be contented is the key to the 'rich' man club, regardless of race, language or religion. [:)]

• Praise 11

4 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

DaiKor is DaiKor

👍

23 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Thats why gotta join my Club!

$300 membership per year only.

discount 20% for you!

i was thinking to join your club after Sept  so as to get some subsidies moving forward, now you  say $300 per year, it will be a financial  burden to me, i have to reconsider again😪😪

• Haha! 1

28 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

DaiKor is DaiKor

👍

I state fact lah. I was 30s before , so I know how the mindset of a young  person. Nothing wrong,  it is good to work hard,  stay positive, passionate  and forward looking but one needs to learn to be "contented", quoteing a word  from @RadX.

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

Some will say living debt free is the most symbolic... 

'Rich' is a relatively term, I feel rich (although the balance in my bank account say otherwise) as my yardstick is what I have, NOT what I don't. 

Live within our means and be contented is the key to the 'rich' man club, regardless of race, language or religion. [:)]

Debt is not a dirty word but Cash is contentment. 

Just kidding. 

Don't need to be rich to feel rich.  Just enough is good enough but for most people, it is never enough. 

↡ Advertisement