Get rich & drive a Camry?

Soya

4 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Some will say living debt free is the most symbolic... 

'Rich' is a relatively term, I feel rich (although the balance in my bank account say otherwise) as my yardstick is what I have, NOT what I don't. 

Live within our means and be contented is the key to the 'rich' man club, regardless of race, language or religion. [:)]

Y does it sound like a pledge toward the end... 

People are rich here, look at the recent coe. 

10 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Debt is not a dirty word but Cash is contentment. 

Just kidding. 

Don't need to be rich to feel rich.  Just enough is good enough but for most people, it is never enough. 

Reminds me of this

d061d49185af736f66bdc809e8f41f98.jpg

and she is so poor...

7 hours ago, Fuelsaver said:

I am Singaporean mah... And here is another measurement of richness. :D 

lJOFu8l.jpg

• Praise 7
  • Haha! 5

12 hours ago, RadX said:

Simply put:

contentment  is a virtue. Many here are obsessed with what ppl Think of them. They fall flat when ppl dun accept them. Clear insecurity.

YOU are able to decide for yourself what you want and HOW you want to feel. Speak up with what ur conscience tells you and not be beholden to the bosses. You sleep better if you can do that.

disclaimer: I’m not rich but I’m contented! That matters most

I suppose it’s one way to mutate car lite with this philosophy. Some should take the blog and mod it to I feel rich when I take mrt. And instead of toilet bowl change it to kanna whack by the supreme leader on diversity and someone else got promoted and boss say since I got not much liability, other people got promoted because no one can take over your sai kang.

11 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

I state fact lah. I was 30s before , so I know how the mindset of a young  person. Nothing wrong,  it is good to work hard,  stay positive, passionate  and forward looking but one needs to learn to be "contented", quoteing a word  from @RadX.

Definitely true. If at 30s do not feel the hunger to put in efforts to build career then definitely will have to learn to be contended with lesser material gains in later years. You win some, you lose some. It is always about the balance you want in your life - more money or more 'meaning' in life. Just that older people tends to be more philosophical about life as they got more free time on hand so they tend to think of excuses to justify their sad situation now. Haha joking only lah.

9 hours ago, Fuelsaver said:

Recent COE is low compared to previous 5 years for example.  

12 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Recent COE is low compared to previous 5 years for example.  

Still ok, means there are people out there still can afford, or at least still can take loan

13 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Some will say living debt free is the most symbolic... 

'Rich' is a relatively term, I feel rich (although the balance in my bank account say otherwise) as my yardstick is what I have, NOT what I don't. 

Live within our means and be contented is the key to the 'rich' man club, regardless of race, language or religion. [:)]

When  I first joined the work force, one of my seniors told us that "actually we are very rich, because we have a full set of limps and we are healthy". To think about it, it is really true.

• Praise 2

There are probably 7.7bn answers to the rich question. Some find "rich" in material goods, some in religious practices, some in state of contentment, some in health, job security, freedom of choice, or a combination of above.

Mine is time. Meaningful time spent with love ones. The rest of the variables are just enablers to time spent with love ones.

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 3

4 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

There are probably 7.7bn answers to the rich question. Some find "rich" in material goods, some in religious practices, some in state of contentment, some in health, job security, freedom of choice, or a combination of above.

Mine is time. Meaningful time spent with love ones. The rest of the variables are just enablers to time spent with love ones.

Yeah yours is time. Patek time. 

😄😁

• Haha! 3

12 hours ago, Albeniz said:

No need Camry.

I would be happy to retire with a 10 year old (2010) COE-renewed Corolla.

I am still far away from owning a car, so your dream is closer than mine. But I am working hard for it. 😅

12 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Reminds me of this

d061d49185af736f66bdc809e8f41f98.jpg

I am like that guy on bicycle, except that the bicycle was not mine too (those bike sharing unit) 😥

• Praise 4