Billionare prefer Casio

Soya

2 hours ago, Soya said:

My classic F-91W.

Accurate, lightweight, worn by famous people (some say Osama had one....hey, he's famous right?)

Even cheaper than kee chiu's infamous cheap casio watch. 

And it's not a genuine fake.

Ok ok I can't afford a Patek. Happy now? 

20200914_162813.jpg

Wah... this one is more than 30 yr old?

i had 2. one during NS, and bought another just before ICT one year...

I used to secure this on the left breast pocket of no. 4, through the hole at the top of the pocket's flap, meant originally for the pen... super durable, can tahan the rigours of NS with me... also helped me made some $$ over those years, when using it to track my 2.4 timing 😆

• Praise 6

Internal Moderator
11 hours ago, Atrecord said:

I used to secure this on the left breast pocket of no. 4, through the hole at the top of the pocket's flap, meant originally for the pen... super durable, can tahan the rigours of NS with me... also helped me made some $$ over those years, when using it to track my 2.4 timing 😆

same. That is my NS watch too.

I had another one recently, Still like it. 😃

• Praise 2

11 hours ago, Atrecord said:

The humble F-91W is turning out to be something of a legend.....lol

BBC writes: "In recent years there has been a resurgence in popularity among trendsetters in the UK"

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-13194733

Forbes calls it the world's first smartwatch. Eat your heart out, Apple!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspence/2015/03/29/casio-f-91w-review/#644ab2025e70

😁😁

• Praise 1

14 hours ago, Lala81 said:

On a side note about Casio. Life simple pleasures. 

Changing the battery for my kid's analog casio after work over two evenings.

Also cleaned her watch a bit getting some of the sweat grime off the seals/back/strap and nooks. Though I doubt she noticed the latter. 

20200831_224325_compress97.jpg

20200831_223100_compress39.jpg

A good father behind the scene... 👍

I however, made it a point to service or try fix my children F91s bought at different periods in their presence... 

They are not wearing them because of scratches, no more strap... etc but refuse to be discarded... I think they see the love behind those shabby watches and would like to hold on till I pass on... 

• Praise 3

On 9/15/2020 at 9:51 AM, mersaylee said:

A good father behind the scene... 👍

I however, made it a point to service or try fix my children F91s bought at different periods in their presence... 

They are not wearing them because of scratches, no more strap... etc but refuse to be discarded... I think they see the love behind those shabby watches and would like to hold on till I pass on... 

Why not go replace the straps ? 

Turbocharged
On 9/14/2020 at 6:20 PM, Turboflat4 said:

Spot on. 

While this sounds like a nice view, I don't think it's accurate. Ah Mock's is more likely to spot on. 

These people don't care about buying expensive watches that much. They may value other things in timepieces like accuracy and precision (and even the lowly Casio models beat a Patek hands down in this regard). They're simply not watch snobs. 

That doesn't mean they eschew luxurious things when it intersects with their interests. Bill Gates has a pretty nifty car collection, including a much coveted Porsche 959 hyper-exotic. He has only one house (albeit a massive mansion) to the best of my knowledge. 

In contrast, Jeff Bezos is not interested in luxury cars but he seems to love acquiring massive houses just for kicks. I think he has 5 super ex properties in the US alone. 

And Warren Buffet seems to be interested in neither cars nor houses, and he lives in the same modest house he bought years ago, and I think he's got a Cadillac or two, that's it. 

The point is: they spend what they can easily afford only on what they are interested in. Not on what they think they need to spend on to impress others. 

And every person at every wealth level should live accordingly. 

Warren Buffet can say.... huh buy watches, cars, yachts? no, i buy the companies that make them lol

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

42 minutes ago, Scion said:

Warren Buffet can say.... huh buy watches, cars, yachts? no, i buy the companies that make them lol

Buy the companies that make what you consume 

but I love to Jiak oyster how? How to invest? :XD:

14 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Buy the companies that make what you consume 

but I love to Jiak oyster how? How to invest? :XD:

Buy the whole Oyster farm... 🤭

• Haha! 2

Ever since I got an apple watch for free (from credit card signup), I have not worn my Rolex for quite a while already.

Functions and practicability for me?

Supercharged

i buy rolex watches becos i know i do not have to pay when i return the same old piece back to the showcase. :a-happy: 

↡ Advertisement