Car audio cannot switch off

Philipkee

8 minutes ago, Ahwhye said:

Car audio's power is connected direct to the battery 24/7/365; it never really power-off unless disconnect battery like you did. When you turn you car key, it just activate or de-activate its functions (display and sound etc). What you encountered is basically its micro-controller got hanged! (like some computer hangs). Encountered similar situation long long ago and it was an old pioneer HU.

no music? check if all/any settings including radios are gone since you disconnected battery before....

I just did a hard reset on my audio. Means I poke a pin into the hole labelled RST.

I could off the radio in the sense that there is no audio but I am driving with a blank LCD screen.  The reverse camera works.  My CD rom was released by the system. 

But no music but I won't die without music.  Next week let's see if COE crashes.  By end of year I must decide.  Either major repair/ replacement or change car..  cos if I am still keeping the car the aircon, stereo must be thoroughly checked and of cos my tires will be due for changing.....

↡ Advertisement

It's normal, now 7th month.

Next time when you drive past any tunnel past midnight, don't look at your rearview mirror.

If you see something at the corner of your eyes going at the same speed with your car, don't look. Just continue driving.

If you hear a thud past midnight or feel something jumping on the roof of your car, DON'T get out of your car! 

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 1

Update.  Today I went to get my HU fixed.  The guy asked me to on the radio.

I on it.  Then he just press the 12345 quickly and it was fixed.  😳

I was like wtf.  I pressed the same buttons many times but never fixed and he did it once and its fixed.  He also could not explain what happened.  I did notice he pressed at a faster speed than me. Not sure if it made the difference.

Anyway the lady boss was kind enough not to charge me for it.

So now let's hope no more issues until coe drops.

https://carousell.com/p/258433073

I just changed my HU cos I realised its very inconvenient every time I use the reverse camera the calibration come on again.

And yes the old spoilt set worked when I sent it for checks and it failed a few hours and I decided to change the HU.

Yes @Jamesc I still aiming for the city.   If COE drops, that few hundred dollars for new HU is ok.  And I got a new HU instead of second hand one is just in case I never get the City soon at least I am not using a HU that might fail after a short while :D

Edited by Philipkee
  • Haha! 1

15 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

https://carousell.com/p/258433073

I just changed my HU cos I realised its very inconvenient every time I use the reverse camera the calibration come on again.

And yes the old spoilt set worked when I sent it for checks and it failed a few hours and I decided to change the HU.

Yes @Jamesc I still aiming for the city.   If COE drops, that few hundred dollars for new HU is ok.  And I got a new HU instead of second hand one is just in case I never get the City soon at least I am not using a HU that might fail after a short while :D

I ready whole box of biscuits if you really buy the City.

:grin:

I get my BFF Boris to bring from UK.

image.png.0461578af1088635063b126f8f272ea0.png

Edited by Jamesc

My new HU.  For some reason it cannot play google maps but it's ok with waze.

Yea I need to use my handphone as mobile hotspot for it to work...  :D

IMG-20200919-WA0000.jpeg

IMG-20200919-WA0004.jpeg