China's mass surveillance of the world for secrets and scandal

steveluv

My 2 cents is tat as singaporeans... its either u r 1 of us, or against us. U wan to be a spy or terrorists against singapore.. charge dem in court, trial den hang dem. U J.I. or ISIS or chinas or whoever spy... mus kana hang 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

3 hours ago, Singa said:

The article  is based on an interview/article in CCP mouthpiece globaltimes. Not saying George Yeo is wrong, but the opinion has to be palatable to CCP to make it into globaltimes.

Doesnt matters

this article is meant to show diff perspective of view

• Praise 3

(edited)
10 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Maybe China wants to know what weapons we wish to buy so that they can offer good prices to undercut Western products. LOL!:grin:

J-20 fighters planes  [sly]

:XD:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15

Supercharged
6 hours ago, Singa said:

The article  is based on an interview/article in CCP mouthpiece globaltimes. Not saying George Yeo is wrong, but the opinion has to be palatable to CCP to make it into globaltimes.

This guy is sounding more and more like Kishore Mahbubani.  😁

• Haha! 2

Knowledge is everything.

On D-Day, the general in charge of defence, Erwin Rommel was away in Germany to celebrate his wife's birthday.

Hitler was asleep, so his Panzer divisions couldn't be moved to respond to the unexpected landing zone.

One can not be so naive to think that it is all about stats about weapon systems or military ability.

Even mundane things like strategic stockpiles of rice, water and sand would be significant when it comes to a negotiation.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. More importantly,  are the opinions shared facture and reasonable? Examples quoted were evident from history records or simply assumptions. Between will but has never happen and the history we witnessed is quite different. 

My opinion only lah.

• Praise 2

(edited)
On 6/17/2021 at 12:26 AM, Thaiyotakamli said:

“U.S.-style democracy not suitable for Asian countries” No sure if they expect your democracy to be the same like them to be their allies....Europe democracy not 100% the same.

Comparing Democratic Distress in the United States and Europe https://carnegieendowment.org/2018/06/21/comparing-democratic-distress-in-united-states-and-europe-pub-76646

Edited by Odyssey2011

(edited)
14 hours ago, Didu said:

This guy is sounding more and more like Kishore Mahbubani.  😁

We are talking about George Yeo, ex-Foreign Minister and Kishore, a career diplomat, but I'm sure people on this forum knows more about geopolitics than them right?

This is why I'm here to learn from you guys, not so much on shitposting but on geopolitics.

Edited by Vinyl

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Odyssey2011 said:

“U.S.-style democracy not suitable for Asian countries” No sure if they expect your democracy to be the same like them to be their allies....Europe democracy not 100% the same.

Comparing Democratic Distress in the United States and Europe https://carnegieendowment.org/2018/06/21/comparing-democratic-distress-in-united-states-and-europe-pub-76646

USA say must have right to own gun. I am sure MCF members won't want this to happen in Singapore. So we are not democracy,  no human right? Haha

• Haha! 1

43 minutes ago, Vinyl said:

We are talking about George Yeo, ex-Foreign Minister and Kishore, a career diplomat, but I'm sure people on this forum knows more about geopolitics than them right?

This is why I'm here to learn from you guys, not so much on shitposting but on geopolitics.

lol.. got to listen to these gurus more to learn geopolitics than from some forum right?

• Praise 1

12 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

Knowledge is everything.

On D-Day, the general in charge of defence, Erwin Rommel was away in Germany to celebrate his wife's birthday.

Hitler was asleep, so his Panzer divisions couldn't be moved to respond to the unexpected landing zone.

One can not be so naive to think that it is all about stats about weapon systems or military ability.

Even mundane things like strategic stockpiles of rice, water and sand would be significant when it comes to a negotiation.

BD7997AA-790C-4453-A2EF-F2280BFB1AD4.jpeg

• Haha! 1

11 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

lol.. got to listen to these gurus more to learn geopolitics than from some forum right?

When George Yeo or Kishore speaks, if it isn't factual I would expect people from this forum to dispute it. Anyone is free to present their argument.

Instead, we get something along this line "Pro-China guys getting paid for saying nice stuff to their audience."

That means it isn't so much about the content being factual or not, but something they don't like to hear/see.

If it's something they don't like, it's labelled Pro-China. If it's hawkish tone towards China, then it's labelled #onlyfactsnolie.

• Haha! 3

I'm going to pay for a kid to spy on NTUC Fairprice at Parkway Parade so next time I can buy eggs and bananas cheaper there. Knowledge is king.

I'm also going to deploy another spy at Hourglass taka store so that I can buy my watch cheaper because I will know their inventory level of patek. Knowledge is $$$.

Lastly I will deploy my last spy at my fav sushi place so that I don't need to pay so much for my omakase. Knowledge is forever.

53 minutes ago, Vinyl said:

When George Yeo or Kishore speaks, if it isn't factual I would expect people from this forum to dispute it. Anyone is free to present their argument.

Instead, we get something along this line "Pro-China guys getting paid for saying nice stuff to their audience."

That means it isn't so much about the content being factual or not, but something they don't like to hear/see.

If it's something they don't like, it's labelled Pro-China. If it's hawkish tone towards China, then it's labelled #onlyfactsnolie.

geopolitical discussion must be without bias and must be objective. if not it will be easily seem as having a hidden agenda and serve no purpose. 

3 hours ago, Victor68 said:

USA say must have right to own gun. I am sure MCF members won't want this to happen in Singapore. So we are not democracy,  no human right? Haha

Systems are broken because they exist to sustain themselves, and the people who run the system rely on the system to stay the same. Why should they change it up? It works well for them. The simple answer is that the system will change when people change. As people adapt to something different, as the popular mood shifts, as we move on from old ways of thinking—that’s when change comes about.

You are still responsible for your democracy system. 

↡ Advertisement