China's mass surveillance of the world for secrets and scandal

steveluv

2 hours ago, Beregond said:

we are so use to stuff like rambos, top gun. the mindset that USA  are heros and all the guys that they killed are terrorist is burn into many ppl minds from young. suddenly they are shown a movie where a chinese are heros. their mind very hard to make a U  turn, i dun blame them. i love rambo also. but we need to differentiate movies and reality.

not only china, big country like russia have also start their trend of such movies that promote nationalism.

but all in all, i find nothing wrong, whats wrong with every country teaching their ppl and youth to love their country. western have been doing that all along, chinese is just warming up.

rambos, top gun? Wolf Warrior?..😂

This is better https://www2.bfi.org.uk/news-opinion/news-bfi/lists/10-great-modern-south-east-asian-films

↡ Advertisement

It can be no bad thing for one superpower to keep another superpower in check. For years the history books have been written by the victors, such that they could do no wrong. It is as subtle as the choice of words for "liberators" as opposed to "invaders" in newspaper headlines, and people reacted accordingly. 

Back to the original topic of the thread - China is being called out for widespread intelligence-gathering, ostensibly for purposes of finding and gaining "leverage" on various compromised people. Who is to say that the other superpowers are not doing exactly the same thing and orchestrating nations behind the scenes, aside from obvious and aboveboard diplomacy? Every nation is guilty of it to some extent, but it would be foolish of any one of them not to do so.

What I do know, at this point of time, is that China has dipped its feet far beyond its natural borders with its claims, like how Russia annexed the Crimea. Their raison d'être was that it has always been their territory - imagine if you will, that a neighbour starts placing an object at your front door every day, on the basis that it is common public space, and so he is entitled to do so. And the object gets heavier and heavier, till you no longer have the ability to move it out of the way. What do you do then?

In this instance, the eagle hasn't come to claim territory, but the dragon has, and across multiple doorsteps. Do try to put forth an argument how this is tenable as a matter of foreign affairs.

The ultimate slap in the face would be if things get so entrenched that China feels entitled enough to ask to be part of ASEAN. 

• Praise 3

Supercharged
6 hours ago, Nolicense said:

the usual contributing causes are failed harvests, over population, not sharing food, poor logistics, corruption, failed monsoons. locust plague. you name it.

Not sure about over population in Africa. The last time I checked, the most populous country on the continent is Gambia with 200+ headcount per km2. [cool]

In that sense, Singapore is seriously over populated with 7,800 per km2.  [gossip][gossip][gossip][gossip][gossip][gossip][gossip][gossip]

On 6/20/2021 at 7:16 PM, Jamesc said:

If it wasn't for the Americans

we will be posting in Japanese.

:D

Maybe China will be speaking Japanese too?

Actually Japan was almost at brink of bankruptcy before Pearl Harbour.... May not have enough fund to last for long .... USA entry to the war only hastened the end.... 

If USA never join.... 

Who knows maybe we speak Russian😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

48 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

It can be no bad thing for one superpower to keep another superpower in check. For years the history books have been written by the victors, such that they could do no wrong. It is as subtle as the choice of words for "liberators" as opposed to "invaders" in newspaper headlines, and people reacted accordingly. 

The ultimate slap in the face would be if things get so entrenched that China feels entitled enough to ask to be part of ASEAN. 

This idea of sharing the globe with few great powers......Certain or likely to happen?...Expect the best, also prepare for the worst. 

China in the eyes of an American: How trustworthy is the Chinese government? http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2020-10/23/c_139461300.htm I really hope and pray this is the case

16 minutes ago, Didu said:

Not sure about over population in Africa. The last time I checked, the most populous country on the continent is Gambia with 200+ headcount per km2. [cool]

In that sense, Singapore is seriously over populated with 7,800 per km2.  [gossip][gossip][gossip][gossip][gossip][gossip][gossip][gossip]

i dont know where to begin. either you  are joking or misunderstand what a famine is. the definition of famine is extreme scarcity of food. 

food is scarce because the harvest fails, and you are not able to import more food, and this can be acerbated by a sudden growth in population than what was sustainable previously.

a very classical case study is the irish potato famine. there was a population boom due to the wonder crop potato. you could feed more people per acre of farm land.

but the potato blight hit. although a figure of 100k death throughout europe was attributed to the potato blight, ireland suffered an estimated 1 million deaths.

the irish census before the 1845 famine put the population about 8.2 million. by 1851, 1 million are estimated to have died and another million emigrated.

so:

1. over reliance on 1 crop and that crop fails

2. population boom just before the famine

3. food cannot be imported in enough amount as other countries had the same issue

4. land lords monopolized the land. you cant grow anything if you do not own your own land.

5. food was hoarded by the rich. basically the land lords

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, Odyssey2011 said:

This idea of sharing the globe with few great powers......Certain or likely to happen?...Expect the best, also prepare for the worst. 

China in the eyes of an American: How trustworthy is the Chinese government? http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2020-10/23/c_139461300.htm I really hope and pray this is the case

are you a fan of 3 kingdom? if this situation can persist, it might be stable.

lets turn the question around. how trustworthy is pap? im sure there are many things that will remain hidden. but if they deliver jobs and stable cost of living, people will just default vote pap right?

• Haha! 1

9 hours ago, Beregond said:

i think the west realize the china way of dealing with 3rd world country is working, and they trying to follow.

u alway see such comment in youtube and u know the truth.

'China uses dialogue and construction projects, the USA uses sanctions and bombs'

I read mixed feelings about China influence in Africa, some say, it is good and some say there is a hidden agenda, let me put it this way, only African people know whether it is genuine aids or not because for the last 50 years, the West is trying to help them in infrastructures but no physical structures become reality instead there were civil wars and destabilized governments because of their wealth being robbed. Now Chinese government are sending engineers, educators, farmers to teach them how to improve their country not soldiers and weapons. China are building highways, hydroelectric dams, highspeed railroad trains.

Chinese have been trading regionally / internationally for close to 2 thousand years..... 

Only thing now is heavy reliance on sea routes trade.... Hence  want to do develop continental trade with belt and road. 

Building infrastructure in 3rd world country is to facilitate trading of resources and also benefit the local economy. 

At least for this, China seems to be going the right direction. 

There's IMF and World Bank supposedly created right after WWII to help these 3rd World countries ... Doesn't seem to be able to help many of these countries.....

70 plus years on.... Only lend $$$ but nothing changed much. 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Atonchia said:

Chinese have been trading regionally / internationally for close to 2 thousand years..... 

Only thing now is heavy reliance on sea routes trade.... Hence  want to do develop continental trade with belt and road. 

Building infrastructure in 3rd world country is to facilitate trading of resources and also benefit the local economy. 

At least for this, China seems to be going the right direction. 

There's IMF and World Bank supposedly created right after WWII to help these 3rd World countries ... Doesn't seem to be able to help many of these countries.....

70 plus years on.... Only lend $$$ but nothing changed much. 

I can only offer the reason that because these countries have cheap labor and resources to offer.. and they need to sell these to the international (usa) market. and at that time after the british shrank back, only those countries that can service the usa market grew. if you were not competitive, either your country could not ship anything out due to poor logistics or the labor was not cheap and smart enough, and allowed labor abuses and environmental pollution, you couldnt get the investments.

after the war japan still had most of the production resource and they were willing to work

S korea after the war only really took off after the seoul olympics

most of sea countries benefited after their independence and became friendly with usa.

I wont say IMF and WB were complete fail. but due to the above main reasons only those group of countries benefited.

over to latin america, not sure why but they didnt seem to develop as much. maybe all that political meddling.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
8 hours ago, Nolicense said:

I can only offer the reason that because these countries have cheap labor and resources to offer.. and they need to sell these to the international (usa) market……………….. if you were not competitive, either your country could not ship anything out due to poor logistics or the labor was not cheap and smart enough, and allowed labor abuses and environmental pollution, you couldnt get the investments.

便宜没好货好货不便宜,这些“赠品”送你也别要 https://family.pconline.com.cn/1127/11277685.html

人生建议:别买我家衣服 因为你会买上瘾  https://m.sohu.com/a/458753220_120517697

Edited by Odyssey2011

Turbocharged
16 hours ago, Beregond said:

we are so use to stuff like rambos, top gun. the mindset that USA  are heros and all the guys that they killed are terrorist is burn into many ppl minds from young. suddenly they are shown a movie where a chinese are heros. their mind very hard to make a U  turn, i dun blame them. i love rambo also. but we need to differentiate movies and reality.

not only china, big country like russia have also start their trend of such movies that promote nationalism.

but all in all, i find nothing wrong, whats wrong with every country teaching their ppl and youth to love their country. western have been doing that all along, chinese is just warming up.

remember some of the toys we played and cartoons we watched?

cowboys were the heroes, the cool guys with their guns

red Indians were the villains, the bad guys with outdated weapons like bows and arrows

it's only when we grew up that we understood the opposite in reality

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
On 6/20/2021 at 7:16 PM, Jamesc said:

If it wasn't for the Americans

we will be posting in Japanese.

:D

Maybe China will be speaking Japanese too?

not possible

Japan occupied Korea and Taiwan for 50 years and they could not enforce their culture and language on the people

• Praise 4

16 hours ago, Beregond said:

FB_IMG_1624115515256.jpg

• Haha! 4

4 minutes ago, Scion said:

not possible

Japan occupied Korea and Taiwan for 50 years and they could not enforce their culture and language on the people

it would be quite naive to think that without usa involvement in ww2. germany and japan would be winner, and they will rule europe, sea , asia china.

even before usa come in, they facing alot of setback. the war will be drag longer but the axis will still be defeated in the end,

but of course i not undermining the effort and sacrifice that US soldiers make they play a key role.

and again its very naive thinking that usa enter the war to free euro and asia from axis power , the key reason is they cannot allow another super power at the other side of earth to come up and rival them.

same reason as why S.U become their greatest rival after ww2. and why now they are forming an allilance against china. 

but all in all, the key is no matter how much sacrifice and how important usa is in WW2, it give them zero right to hammer other countries that dun bow or knee to them

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
9 hours ago, Nolicense said:

I can only offer the reason that because these countries have cheap labor and resources to offer.. and they need to sell these to the international (usa) market. and at that time after the british shrank back, only those countries that can service the usa market grew. if you were not competitive, either your country could not ship anything out due to poor logistics or the labor was not cheap and smart enough, and allowed labor abuses and environmental pollution, you couldnt get the investments.

after the war japan still had most of the production resource and they were willing to work

S korea after the war only really took off after the seoul olympics

most of sea countries benefited after their independence and became friendly with usa.

I wont say IMF and WB were complete fail. but due to the above main reasons only those group of countries benefited.

over to latin america, not sure why but they didnt seem to develop as much. maybe all that political meddling.

Of course IMF and WB not failure, they disburse loans to countries for economic development. 

Just that China took a step further, disburse loans and help to build, of course these aren't free either. 

At least funds disburse aren't pocketed by dictator, regime or cronies and actual infrastructure are constructed. 

I suspect they learnt this from Suzhou Industrial Park...😅😅 then replicate is on bigger scale and on key installation 

Edited by Atonchia

Turbocharged
39 minutes ago, Beregond said:

it would be quite naive to think that without usa involvement in ww2. germany and japan would be winner, and they will rule europe, sea , asia china.

even before usa come in, they facing alot of setback. the war will be drag longer but the axis will still be defeated in the end,

but of course i not undermining the effort and sacrifice that US soldiers make they play a key role.

and again its very naive thinking that usa enter the war to free euro and asia from axis power , the key reason is they cannot allow another super power at the other side of earth to come up and rival them.

same reason as why S.U become their greatest rival after ww2. and why now they are forming an allilance against china. 

but all in all, the key is no matter how much sacrifice and how important usa is in WW2, it give them zero right to hammer other countries that dun bow or knee to them

another "myth" was that Japan surrendered due to the atomic bombs..

actually the 2 atomic bombs were no worse than the fire bombing of Tokyo that killed more Japanese than what happened at Hiroshima and Nagasaki

by the time the atomic bombs were dropped, Japan already could no longer continue the war and the defeat was imminent 

(US was said to drop the bombs anyway because firstly they wanted to end the war quickly, and secondly to awe other potential enemies, ie Soviet Union... although by that period, they were still "allies")

there was also a saying that Japan "chose" to surrender to US as they believed a democratic US would treat them better after the war

Soviet Union had declared war on Japan on 8 Aug 1945 and their troops were rapidly marching into the puppet state of Manchukuo

Japan was extremely afraid that Soviet Union would go on to occupy and slaughter them to revenge their humiliating defeat during the Japan-Russia war in 1905

history is just interesting to read 😁

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Scion said:

not possible

romour is the tsai has jap blood. lol

actually taiwan very respect jap. always want to follow them

• Praise 1

43 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

Of course IMF and WB not failure, they disburse loans to countries for economic development. 

Just that China took a step further, disburse loans and help to build, of course these aren't free either. 

At least funds disburse aren't pocketed by dictator, regime or cronies and actual infrastructure are constructed. 

I suspect they learnt this from Suzhou Industrial Park...😅😅 then replicate is on bigger scale and on key installation 

talk about SIP.. haiz.. dun say liao

actually malaysia the ERL they had to "give" money to you know who. but at least they serious about building.. but see how lah.. the country is in a mess

have you heard about the Malaysia and some African Transport minister joke? I wont tell it here.. lol

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2