China's mass surveillance of the world for secrets and scandal

steveluv

1 hour ago, Weez911 said:

I can understand why US, Russia and UK agents were involved in spying.

I can understand why US, Russia and China are involved in spying now.

But I don't understand why China want to spy on Singapore... is there something we have that they don't? Is there any secret Singapore possesses that China and other superpowers do not have?

I'm not saying there aren't. I'm just trying to understand what that is.

everybody spies. even us spy on european nato allies. why should we expect nobody want to spy on sg?

last time lky also say cia tried to turn an isd agent. doesnt mean they stopped trying right?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

More to the point, what impact would this have on bilateral ties - would the G turn west or keep quiet, laugh it off as “a game everyone plays” and move on - but thereby signalling we are impotent?

The world need counter balance to function properly.

Be it east or west they are there to counter balance each other.

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

everybody spies. even us spy on european nato allies. why should we expect nobody want to spy on sg?

last time lky also say cia tried to turn an isd agent. doesnt mean they stopped trying right?

You spy to gain intel right?

What is it that Singapore possess that other superpowers do not? That's a very straightforward question. You don't spy for nothing to gain right, given the risk involved?

Supercharged
33 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

What is it that Singapore possess that other superpowers do not? That's a very straightforward question. You don't spy for nothing to gain right, given the risk involved?

This could be a mystery to them. Hence, .....  😁

Here are 20 of the highest paid world leaders – Trump makes the list, who else?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/04/21/20-highest-paid-world-leaders-president-trump/39352195/

48 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

you just answered your own question, there is always something to gain. something of value if collected can be used to negotiate. 

if i nego with you  on a topic, i want to know what you talk about behind my back. 

i make it easy for you to understand. say a wife want something from the husband, if she know the husband behind her back got secretly keep a mistress or secret bank account, she will collect this evidence next time talk to divorce lawyer got more power to extract alimony right?

say a kid did something naughty. if the kid going to get punished, he can tell mummy he know daddy got some secret to avoid punishment right?

there is so much you can gain to blackmail people from intel. what more commercial and state secrets. 

53 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

If I was China I would try to get some dirt on politicians and then use it to get us to kick out all US Navy ships from Changi Naval Base and only allow Chinese Navy ships to park here.

I would also stop Singapore from buying jet fighters from USA and only buy Chinese fighters.

Then I would stop all military training with US, Taiwan, France and Germany and well everybody and have SAF only do training with PLA.

:D

Make Singapore China's unsinkable aircraft carrier in the South China Sea.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 minute ago, Nolicense said:

you just answered your own question, there is always something to gain. something of value if collected can be used to negotiate. 

if i nego with you  on a topic, i want to know what you talk about behind my back. 

i make it easy for you to understand. say a wife want something from the husband, if she know the husband behind her back got secretly keep a mistress or secret bank account, she will collect this evidence next time talk to divorce lawyer got more power to extract alimony right?

say a kid did something naughty. if the kid going to get punished, he can tell mummy he know daddy got some secret to avoid punishment right?

there is so much you can gain to blackmail people from intel. what more commercial and state secrets. 

You still have not answered my simple question. Don't waste time leh. I have very little patience for adults which I assume you are.

Can answer to the point? I repeat my simple question - what kind of Intel does superpowers like US and China gain from spying on Singapore? 

Don't make me repeat the 4th time please. I'm being generous today.

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

If I was China I would try to get some dirt on politicians and then use it to get us to kick out all US Navy ships from Changi Naval Base and only allow Chinese Navy ships to park here.

I would also stop Singapore from buying jet fighters from USA and only buy Chinese fighters.

Then I would stop all military training with US, Taiwan, France and Germany and well everybody and have SAF only do training with PLA.

Make Singapore China's unsinkable aircraft carrier in the South China Sea.

So it's basically to dig their dirt? They don't need spies and agents for this type of work. Simple PI will do. 

And I'm not convinced China get to benefit from what you said above. Are we thinking too highly of Singapore importance to the world?

Edited by Weez911

1 minute ago, Weez911 said:

So it's basically to dig their dirt? They don't need spies and agents for this type of work. Simple PI will do. 

Its not just Singapore.

China will want to get dirt on every politician in the whole world and use it to control the politician to make policies friendly to Chinese interest.

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Its not just Singapore.

China will want to get dirt on every politician in the whole world and use it to control the politician to make policies friendly to Chinese interest.

Hmm ok noted.

Turbocharged
5 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Its not just Singapore.

Which country is not? Just some more while other less. 

Former Labor MP accused of lying to anti-corruption inquiry for third day in a row

This article is more than 1 year old

Ernest Wong rejects allegations before Icac that he betrayed the party and knowingly subverted donation laws

Labor’s lawyers have accused a former state MP of betraying his obligations to the party by attempting to hide donations from a Chinese billionaire and banned donor, Huang Xiangmo.

Ernest Wong, a former NSW state MP, continued his evidence to the Independent Commission Against Corruption for a third day on Tuesday, where he was again accused of selling Bill Shorten’s table at a 2015 Labor fundraising dinner for $100,000 to Huang and later covering it up by having “straw donors” sign false donation records.

2 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

You still have not answered my simple question. Don't waste time leh. I have very little patience for adults which I assume you are.

Can answer to the point? I repeat my simple question - what kind of Intel does superpowers like US and China gain from spying on Singapore? 

Don't make me repeat the 4th time please. I'm being generous today.

this is the second time you repeat lah. dam quah zhang.

sg straddles the melaka and south china sea. just like littoral states of malaysia indonesia. this waterway is a choke point. sg hosts the shangri la dialogue. is a close "ally" of us. all this is mil int. it is a strategic location for china and us. who fly in who fly out. what assets are here and what we will likely do.

you dont know that we have a lot of listening post assets here? how you think sg know where in jb mas selamat hid? signal int.

ok la. i just take you you dont know any of these.

you do know that sg kicked out a few china guys from IPS before? this human int.

i dont want to post too much info in this forum. its mostly available if you know where to search online.

if none of this make sense to you, take it that i am not answering your question. i dont feel a need to spoon feed this kind of critical thinking skill to anyone.

This one more senior

Australian MP quits in Chinese influence scandal

Sam Dastyari resigns amid mounting concern over Beijing’s political power in Canberra

Labor senator Sam Dastyari resigned on Tuesday after being linked to growing Chinese influence in Australian politics

Western nations including the US, Germany and Australia are increasingly highlighting Beijing’s espionage, propaganda activities and attempts to influence its Chinese diaspora to advance its interests overseas.

This week, New Zealand’s security service called on its government to speak out on national security issues amid growing concerns about Beijing’s attempts to influence its growing Chinese community in the country.

• Praise 1

15 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Its not just Singapore.

i very hum sup..  please send the honey trap... please send 1 every week.. 😍

• Haha! 3

China flighting with Vietnam, Philippines and Malaysia over South China Sea.

Imagine if they used us as their military base.

We would be right in the middle of all 3 countries.

• Praise 2

3 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

this is the second time you repeat lah. dam quah zhang.

sg straddles the melaka and south china sea. just like littoral states of malaysia indonesia. this waterway is a choke point. sg hosts the shangri la dialogue. is a close "ally" of us. all this is mil int. it is a strategic location for china and us. who fly in who fly out. what assets are here and what we will likely do.

you dont know that we have a lot of listening post assets here? how you think sg know where in jb mas selamat hid? signal int.

ok la. i just take you you dont know any of these.

you do know that sg kicked out a few china guys from IPS before? this human int.

i dont want to post too much info in this forum. its mostly available if you know where to search online.

if none of this make sense to you, take it that i am not answering your question. i dont feel a need to spoon feed this kind of critical thinking skill to anyone.

What is listening post?

What is a littoral state?

Who is a close ally of us?

What waterway is a choke point?

How do you know those guys got kicked out are really spies?

What is what we will likely do?

I really don't understand what you are trying to type above and how it is relevant to China spying on Singapore. What kind of info is China exactly trying to get from Singapore, can you at least articulate that?

↡ Advertisement