China's mass surveillance of the world for secrets and scandal

steveluv

17 hours ago, Weez911 said:

Carry on guys... 

I noted China is trying to control our mindless pap lemmings politicians with that fatty spy. I also noted they are doing the same thing across the world to control the world.

Pls carry on. I can't engage...

Left this thread but never really LEAVE.

KUDOS

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Weez911 said:

In times of adversity like a war? Currently there is no restriction at all, even a pirate can pass by. Anyone can past through Singapore. The trade route between Guangzhou, Singapore and to the west is the most used one in the world. 

Can u elaborate on the adversity part? How does spying tie to that?

This is only my personal opinion. I just think China overthinks. It thinks that if it relationship with the US or the West deteriorates to a very low level and if the US imposes whatever embargoes on trade or restrictions of movement of its vessels (be it commercial or military) then the Singapore Straits is a very strategic and convenient area to set up barricading measures and/or monitoring stations.

Hence China has an interest to know how Singapore will accommodate and implement any measure imposed by the US that it thinks will be adverse to its interests and draw up mitigating measures or counter measures. Also,  China may like to know how Singapore is playing in the grand scheme of things in its alignment of interest. And of course militarily, it will like to know the transit routes of US vessels and planes to and fro and across Singapore for tactical planning whatever.  It thinks that more knowledge and more data means more resources for better planning.

By the way, one mitigating/counter measure than China has already tried was offering investment to build the Thai Canal that will connect the Gulf of Thailand with the Andaman Sea hence bypassing the Singapore Strait and Malacca Strait; however the Thai government has braked any implementation of the project. Cheers to that. :)

• Praise 1

On 6/15/2021 at 8:09 PM, Weez911 said:

Actually hor, my question is very simple. We don't need to go to NSW and NZ, I'm just trying to understand what China is trying to get from spying on Singapore. 

Turning pap into CCP, is that what you are implying? Or turning Singapore into a Chinese province? Or spying our nuclear secret, invisible cloak secret or our secret low birth rate?

We must have something they don't right?

China trying to find out the secret of east coast plan🤪🤪

• Haha! 5

On 6/15/2021 at 8:07 PM, Weez911 said:

What is listening post?

What is a littoral state?

Who is a close ally of us?

What waterway is a choke point?

How do you know those guys got kicked out are really spies?

What is what we will likely do?

I really don't understand what you are trying to type above and how it is relevant to China spying on Singapore. What kind of info is China exactly trying to get from Singapore, can you at least articulate that?

Think not only gather intel info but china also do not trust singapore 100%. When u don’t trust a country u will send a spy to know more. Also this guy is phd, maybe china hope this guy run for election and gain important ministerial position which will help china and side china in bilateral relationships 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Think not only gather intel info but china also do not trust singapore 100%. When u don’t trust a country u will send a spy to know more. Also this guy is phd, maybe china hope this guy run for election and gain important ministerial position which will help china and side china in bilateral relationships 

PhD student ONLY

Turbocharged
7 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

I agreed. The US and the West are also hypocrites. They have superiority complex. They deem that they should be the standard bearers for the world and the world should do their bidding because they think they are the best. Hence they can't tolerate any rising super powers that will threaten their dominance in whatever areas of their interests. I think because of such negativities and adverse policies against China that made it wants to gather more data so that it can formulate better policies to counter or mitigate or pre-empt any negative or adverse moves or provocations from the US and the West.

• Haha! 4

(edited)
On 6/15/2021 at 8:20 PM, Weez911 said:

Since this is a car forum, I use a car analogy. Say Audi has intel of BMW putting in energy efficient but more powerful engine in their new car, Audi will put in spies into BMW to learn about the engine before they are launched so that Audi won't lose 1 generation of sales to BMW.

Audi and BMW are direct competitors and they are in the same league. I totally understand why Audi do this.

Now, would Audi put in spies into Proton to learn about their crap engine? What's the point really? This is the part I can't get my head to. No disrespect to Proton but they are crap.

Because the Proton (I assume that's SG in your analogy) has long-standing and deep connections to BMW (the western Europe and North America). That alone will make this Proton worth spying and tapping on. 

Anyway, interestingly, Proton is now really owned by the Chinese (Geely). And their new product range such as the X70 SUV proved to be a major sales success. They are in much better hands under the leadership of the Chinese, as they floundered under the leadership of their useless countrymen 🤭

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

(edited)
7 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

战狼外交真的是大陆想要的?

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/wencui/politic/story20210327-1134520

戰狼外交 is based on deep-rooted culture of 批斗。

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
16 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Because the Proton (I assume that's SG in your analogy) has long-standing and deep connections to BMW (the western Europe and North America). That alone will make this Proton worth spying and tapping on. 

Anyway, interestingly, Proton is now really owned by the Chinese (Geely). And their new product range such as the X70 SUV proved to be a major sales success. They are in much better hands under the leadership of the Chinese, as they floundered under the leadership of their useless countrymen 🤭

TDM should be happy his baby is now in good hands. Understand he is still trying to build a new brand using country man money. Maybe car is is his hobby. Haha

• Haha! 1

(edited)
57 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Sorry but this makes no sense at all. Proton doesn't even have B58 engine in any of their car. If Audi wants to know the successor of B58 (a more advanced engine that BMW will use for their next gen of cars), they will infiltrate BMW instead of Proton. 

If Audi wants to know about the current B58, they don't even need to infiltrate BMW. They will just buy a current 340i in Germany, then take out the engine to study it. However, current B58 tech is of no use to Audi because we are talking about the next product cycle.

Edited by Weez911
  • Haha! 2

(edited)
18 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Hence China has an interest to know how Singapore will accommodate and implement any measure imposed by the US that it thinks will be adverse to its interests and draw up mitigating measures or counter measures. Also,  China may like to know how Singapore is playing in the grand scheme of things in its alignment of interest. And of course militarily, it will like to know the transit routes of US vessels and planes to and fro and across Singapore for tactical planning whatever.  It thinks that more knowledge and more data means more resources for better planning.

Thanks for sharing your thought.

If assuming the first part, then that spy needs to be really close to the cabinet member and in particular, the pinky, for him to succeed. And this is also assuming US share their strategic secrets/plans with Singapore (I can imagine that will be the case if Singapore ally with US in the Gulf War to prep for an invasion). Do pinky, VB or Ng Eng Hen share our strategic secrets/plans with another country?

For the military route part, I don't think they need a spy because they have recon satellites all over the places now. They just launched a few recently. US has even more. Then also why would the US defence share their advance global military routes with Singapore. Why would they do that? China should have spies in the US/pentagon for that purpose also..

I'm playing devil advocate here. No one knows for sure but I'm intrigued. I always look at motives and what are they trying to achieve.

Edited by Weez911

Turbocharged
44 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Thanks for sharing your thought.

If assuming the first part, then that spy needs to be really close to the cabinet member and in particular, the pinky, for him to succeed. And this is also assuming US share their strategic secrets/plans with Singapore (I can imagine that will be the case if Singapore ally with US in the Gulf War to prep for an invasion). Do pinky, VB or Ng Eng Hen share our strategic secrets/plans with another country?

For the military route part, I don't think they need a spy because they have recon satellites all over the places now. They just launched a few recently. US has even more. Then also why would the US defence share their advance global military routes with Singapore. Why would they do that? China should have spies in the US/pentagon for that purpose also..

I'm playing devil advocate here. No one knows for sure but I'm intrigued. I always look at motives and what are they trying to achieve.

Maybe China wants to know what weapons we wish to buy so that they can offer good prices to undercut Western products. LOL!:grin:

• Haha! 2

It seems like a "fact" that guy was arrested under the ISA and why is there a reason for me to question that. However, we also know the ISA allows a discretionary power to arrest and detain without trial. I'm not a big fan of that feature. In this case, it is state versus him and no one else. Why can't anyone ask question... if he really sold our state secret of our newly invented invisible jet that can do the speed of light, then I have no issue.. if he merely told his "handler" pinky is going on leave for 2 weeks (public info) then I will scratch my head. Remember, there is no arbiter here.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1