New PDVL applicants need to be above 30 years old, 1 year experience

Mockngbrd

35 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

About time.... 

But i guess main reason gahmen imposing these new restrictions is to preserve these jobs for voters. 

I can see a new tag line :

Every school is a good school

Every job is a good job! 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

5 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

Then what happened to those currently Young & Reckless PHV Drivers below 30 Years old.?Continue to drive.?

Continue to haunt the road loh, report states "all new PDVL applicants". 

• Praise 2

8 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

Then what happened to those currently Young & Reckless PHV Drivers below 30 Years old.?Continue to drive.?

LTA only said immediately to intake new pdvl at age 30. So those age below 30 who already had pdvl and pr would not be affected. 

1 hour ago, Yewheng said:

LTA only said immediately to intake new pdvl at age 30. So those age below 30 who already had pdvl and pr would not be affected. 

If i am correct, there are 40k PHV license issued, dont know what is the % of below 30 but I think minimally should be equally spread among the age groups.  But again, these below 30 folks  by now should  be very seasoned or get accidents till they are seasoned, driving  on the road is no longer a problem. The next problem  to fix is the attitude of the drivers ,  which is more difficult and has no age boundary. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

It's very late. They should have done it long ago, to match taxi drivers.

No reason why you let 21 yrs old have a different standard, when they are doing the same thing.

• Praise 4

2 hours ago, Kb27 said:

No reason why you let 21 yrs old have a different standard, when they are doing the same thing.

those 21 year old  after involving so many accidents, those who managed to survive are quite skillful by now. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 7

5 hours ago, Kb27 said:

They always need to wait for some accidents to happen liao then they start to take some serious action.

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

those 21 year old  after involving so many accidents, those who managed to survive are quite skillful by now. 

If you're under 26, I understand the insurance companies load you heavily. Presumably you're a new driver, you're still immature, you're still hot blooded, you tend to take more risks.

So you're a riskier driver, hence, the increased premium, the likelihood of you getting into accidents are higher.

Then LTA says you're 21, you have no more risks than others. In fact, you're safer to be bringing along more lives with you. [laugh]

• Haha! 1

8 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

One of my favourite aphorisms. So true. 

images.png

• Haha! 3

14 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

About time.... 

But i guess main reason gahmen imposing these new restrictions is to preserve these jobs for voters. 

I can see a new tag line :

Every school is a good school

Every job is a good job! 

Every job that pays enough that you dont need a 2nd job to make ends meet...is a good job. 

14 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

Ride bicycle/motorcycle do Grabfood.

14 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

If i am correct, there are 40k PHV license issued, dont know what is the % of below 30 but I think minimally should be equally spread among the age groups.  But again, these below 30 folks  by now should  be very seasoned or get accidents till they are seasoned, driving  on the road is no longer a problem. The next problem  to fix is the attitude of the drivers ,  which is more difficult and has no age boundary. 

Maybe i'm lucky, so far my encounters with reckless drivers are more often found in those souped up Golfs, Scirrocos and Civics. 

↡ Advertisement