[Official] 2021 4th Generation Hyundai Tucson

Carbon82

1 hour ago, Bmxcar said:

The price margin for Tuscon is indeed quite high when I look at the average OMV by LTA

what's the omv for the tucson, out of curiousity?

Seems like those AD selling Korean has changed strategies. Last time is they try to lower the margin in order to sell more. now i think because the reduce of COE quota, they cannot sell more car like last time. So have to increase the margin. But having said that, Vezel Hybrid OMV also at 26K but yet it still sell at 12XK range.

Edited by Kennethoka

On 8/14/2021 at 9:57 PM, Kopickosong said:

But without the rebate of say $15k, you'd end up paying $15k more no? (simplistic assumption that the dealer rebates the entire $15k) 

And if you're taking a car loan which on that $15k, that does add up over the years of your loan with interest. So all in all, I don't think one is necessarily "worse" off with the rebate. You don't get to have an extra $15k in your pocket because of it, but you do get to purchase a vehicle that would have otherwise cost more.  

What i mean to say is that, even with the $15k VES rebate, the PHEV still cost north of $160k which is very high. And i don't mean one is "worse off" with the rebate but rather one needs to be aware that the actual depreciation of the PHEV car will be higher as your PARF will be less than if it did not have the rebate. As it is the non-PHEV Tucson and the PHEV Tucson has a $10k price difference and as you right said, had it not been for the rebate, the price difference would be more than $25k likely close to $30k more. Some car buyers just look at the price tag without realizing this until when they want to sell their ride later on and find out that their loss is actually higher than what they had thought due to the lower paper value.

• Praise 1

IMHO this car is overpriced now, maybe due to the high COE of $62k. but being that it’s a hybrid and around 14km/l, i might consider it next year when the COE drops, hopefully. But frankly, over the years Korean cars have been slowly jacking their prices up, I remember a time when people won’t even give a Korean car a second look. But i guess they have a right to as they are doing a lot to improve their cars both internally & externally. unlike Mitsubishi 😒

I test drove the Tucson 1.6 hybrid and felt this is a wonderful car.  Very nice and modern looking front digital dashboard design, spacious rear seats, pana roof and powerful drive. Price aside, don’t think any of the Japanese SUV like the CRV, harrier come close.  CX-5 although interior is good but it feels very lethargic.

Just that at 160k, it’s more expensive than the Camry.  Price wise might be very close to the X1’s actual price. 

5 hours ago, Jdar said:

IMHO this car is overpriced now, maybe due to the high COE of $62k. but being that it’s a hybrid and around 14km/l, i might consider it next year when the COE drops, hopefully. But frankly, over the years Korean cars have been slowly jacking their prices up, I remember a time when people won’t even give a Korean car a second look. But i guess they have a right to as they are doing a lot to improve their cars both internally & externally. unlike Mitsubishi 😒

4 minutes ago, Fat_slayer said:

I test drove the Tucson 1.6 hybrid and felt this is a wonderful car.  Very nice and modern looking front digital dashboard design, spacious rear seats, pana roof and powerful drive. Price aside, don’t think any of the Japanese SUV like the CRV, harrier come close.  CX-5 although interior is good but it feels very lethargic.

Just that at 160k, it’s more expensive than the Camry.  Price wise might be very close to the X1’s actual price. 

The car design and features are a lot better than many Japanese SUV that are brought into Singapore market.

Sadly, maybe they know is a popular car. That's why higher price point. 

23 hours ago, Fat_slayer said:

I find the Tuscon won the X1 in every department except for the badge. 

• Praise 1

Last Sat ST Motoring section there was a test drive by Christopher Tan. He was very impressed by this car. 

Now waiting for SGcarmart test drive. 

Went for a test drive on Friday on Tucson Hybrid turbo.

like the drive, power, and built quality. Room cabin demonstrate excellent quietness. The Korean had improve their car dramatically over these 3 years.

dislike the price though. 

conclusion: who say hybrid engine cannot be powerful yet silent in cabin

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Mark_goh said:

like the drive, power, and built quality. Room cabin demonstrate excellent quietness. The Korean had improve their car dramatically over these 3 years.

Koreans had been steadily improving for the last 10+ years. That's how they have surpassed the Japanese in my opinion.

You can say whatever you want about the price, but the fact is you can't find similar product with the same price, let alone a cheaper one.

6 hours ago, Mark_goh said:

This new Tucson looks indeed a great improvement from the previous Tucson model. I still remember i have a friend who drove a 2005 Tucson, he complained this car FC super bad and super jialat and regret buying. Lol.

On 10/17/2021 at 3:02 PM, Gliazzurra said:

Koreans had been steadily improving for the last 10+ years. That's how they have surpassed the Japanese in my opinion.

You can say whatever you want about the price, but the fact is you can't find similar product with the same price, let alone a cheaper one.

I thought the price is quite ok considering the CRV and Rav 4 cost more.  I had test drove the Tuscon hybrid and will chose this over the japs if i am looking for cars in this category....

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, lexiton said:

the headlights looks good!

pity the price though

yeah the front looks really good doesn't it? can tell if a tucson is coming at you from a mile away 😛 

let's see how much more they bump the price up today - whether they increase by the full quantum of the coe surge, or they start to absorb some of it to further differentiate pricing from its main rivals

3 hours ago, bonjin said:

yeah the front looks really good doesn't it? can tell if a tucson is coming at you from a mile away 😛 

let's see how much more they bump the price up today - whether they increase by the full quantum of the coe surge, or they start to absorb some of it to further differentiate pricing from its main rivals

love the unique integrated headlights into the grill

if they absorb or maintain will be attractive compared to other SUV in the same price range

↡ Advertisement