Proton X50

Stratovarius

On 9/17/2020 at 12:56 PM, Contipro said:

ok.. cost saving with 3 cylinder just like BMW. 

but like higher power & torque output than BMW 1.5T-3cyl block.. interesting. 

And will be cheap to service in bolehland

On 9/17/2020 at 10:11 AM, Stratovarius said:

It's more volvo than Geely i guess. It's pretty quick too, 1.5T pushing 170hp. Something like the civic. 

The signal and wiper stock is the same as volvo... lol... Volvo also using the TGDI in XC40 T3

↡ Advertisement

finally proton marketing a proper people car under leadership from China  Geely ... 🤔

soon on the road of Malaysia you may keep hearing those waste gate sound with modifications from local punks and bengs...🤣

our Singapore still with lau gui 1.6NA thanks to the COE, taxation and AD profits 📈..

Journalist commented that the X50 handling is very different from its sibling Geely. 

So I guess proton had tweaked the suspension set up given the same chassis. Or it's just a case of personal perception? 

22 minutes ago, Contipro said:

finally proton marketing a proper people car under leadership from China  Geely ... 🤔

soon on the road of Malaysia you may keep hearing those waste gate sound with modifications from local punks and bengs...🤣

our Singapore still with lau gui 1.6NA thanks to the COE, taxation and AD profits 📈..

The reason we are stuck with 1.6L NA is because of consumers.

Similar to HRV/Vezel, consumer can force AD to change the product offering.

Since the launch of X70, i think ppl still haven't found much performance mod yet.

• Praise 2

42 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

The reason we are stuck with 1.6L NA is because of consumers.

Similar to HRV/Vezel, consumer can force AD to change the product offering.

Since the launch of X70, i think ppl still haven't found much performance mod yet.

X70 still too expensive to be reached by some.

may be X50 would going to be good option.... 

18 minutes ago, Contipro said:

X70 still too expensive to be reached by some.

may be X50 would going to be good option.... 

It has to sell this car in Sg.

1st of all, Brand - Proton.

The size and power (non-flagship) is in almost equivalent to Volvo XC40 T3.

We might looking at 110k.

Edited by inlinesix

This is probably the only right decision to sell Proton to Geely. Otherwise just by Proton's own, they will never make any progress. 

On another note, I read that this x50 has a port injection 1.5 turbo while another is a DI setup. I would get the port injection for long term reliability and more economical maintenance cost. But Proton has to make a come back to SG first. 🤣

Hope it will reintro to SG in near future.

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, inlinesix said:

It has to sell this car in Sg.

1st of all, Brand - Proton.

The size and power (non-flagship) is in almost equivalent to Volvo XC40 T3.

We might looking at 110k.

Hell no...MG HS sounds much nicer at that pricepoint. And moreover, its much bigger.

I disagree with MIC price strategy though. I believe that if they are not cheap, no one will buy, like Korean Cars of the past.

It will be a winner at 70k

16 hours ago, Brass said:

Hell no...MG HS sounds much nicer at that pricepoint. And moreover, its much bigger.

I disagree with MIC price strategy though. I believe that if they are not cheap, no one will buy, like Korean Cars of the past.

It will be a winner at 70k

If they are cheap, they get cheap materials. Then people complain so cheap still price at 70k. Is a vicious cycle.

MIC or not, those who are focused on the brand will never seek other brands than the common reliable ones or the luxurious ones. 

I would love to see them bringing this in and I will be eagerly waiting in line to test drive.

China products have come a long way especially with quality ones like Geely.

8 hours ago, kelaihoyin said:

If they are cheap, they get cheap materials. Then people complain so cheap still price at 70k. Is a vicious cycle.

MIC or not, those who are focused on the brand will never seek other brands than the common reliable ones or the luxurious ones. 

I would love to see them bringing this in and I will be eagerly waiting in line to test drive.

China products have come a long way especially with quality ones like Geely.

just put proton/geely in same shoe as Korean on how they success in Singapore.

last time people buy only japan brand,

now say Korean equivalent good and VFM.

if X50 follow same strategy as Korean more features with better or more accessories may be one day will success as Korean as well.

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, i would like to ask honda city 2020 and x50, which is more suitable as my first car. they are in different segment, so would like to know what you all opinion. thanks!!!

↡ Advertisement