Woman washes car with 'longest water pipe' from 10th floor to ground floor at Serangoon North

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

Woman washes car with 'longest water pipe' from 10th floor to ground floor at Serangoon North

source: https://stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore-seen/serangoon-north-resident-uses-longest-water-pipe-from-10th-floor-to-ground-floor-for

carwash.jpg

This woman really wants her car washed, and does not plan on letting a couple of storeys -- or ten storeys in this case -- get in her way.

Stomper Kenneth told Stomp that he spotted a resident use an extremely long water pipe to wash her car at Block 506 Serangoon North Avenue 4 on September 6 at 3.25pm.

He also sent photos of what he saw.

whatsapp_image_2020-09-06_at_5.49.39_pm_

In the photos, the pipe seems to be connected to a water outlet on the 10th floor and is being used to wash a car on the ground floor.

"This is not the first time I saw this happen. They were washing their car on August 30 too," Kenneth said.

"My neighbour is also unhappy with the way they have been using the water.

"It is really a waste of water and it may even be dangerous for residents if the water pipe is not being managed well.

"You can just pay $1 to use a spray gun to wash your car at the nearby multi-storey carpark, so why do they need to do this?"

Stomp has contacted Ang Mo Kio Town Council for more information.

😂😂😂 Confirm she borrow the town council wash floor water pipe. Should just get the pressure gun also. hahahahahhaha. That is some dedication she have to get her car cleans.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 8

2 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

I thought she connect the hose to her own unit. If it is from the outlet in the public area, she has  committed theft!

if from public area, should have used from either ground floor or level 2 lah, no need so high up bah... 😅

• Haha! 5

6 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

if from public area, should have used from either ground floor or level 2 lah, no need so high up bah... 😅

In the photos, the pipe seems to be connected to a water outlet on the 10th floor and is being used to wash a car on the ground floor.

It was not clearly stated in the report as to the source of water. Hopefully, it is from her home.

If she connected it to her own home supply, I don't understand the beef. 

Everything also must post online and bao toh. Really bo liao, these online idiots. 🙄

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 5

1 hour ago, Kopites said:

I though washing only allowed in washing bay.

This rule has never been adhered to.

Notice those foreign workers washing the cars in the car park lots at night? 

1 hour ago, Kopites said:

I though washing only allowed in washing bay.

yup only at washing bay

14(c)

Cause/ allow vehicle to be washed in a parking place. $80. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

She should just get a unit at level 2. The apartment will be cheaper and she no needs to get such a long hose. 🤣

Was doing that for quite since time when I got my first car.... Pull the hose from my unit at the third floor and do it in the open car park. No one complained....

But then again.... It was 20 years ago.... 

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

If she connected it to her own home supply, I don't understand the beef. 

Everything also must post online and bao toh. Really bo liao, these online idiots. 🙄

Looks to be extended from common corridor. Maybe that's why the neighbour kpkb.

Very rare you extend hose from toilet through living room through corridor window.

Higher floor public taps sometimes left unlocked.

3 minutes ago, Karoon said:

Looks to be extended from common corridor. Maybe that's why the neighbour kpkb.

Very rare you extend hose from toilet through living room through corridor window.

Higher floor public taps sometimes left unlocked.

If public tap then this person really next level cheapskate and deserves the negative attention.

But if their own tap and money and the hose is not causing any true danger to anyone else, then it's bo liao. That's what I meant. 

• Praise 2