Worth to use Ruthenium spark plug?

StrikeX

Waste money. Stock best. If a lousy spark plugs makes so much difference, then automotive engineers no need to spend so much effort to eek out power and all that. 
bottomline it is just another product to squeeze money from consumers. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

8 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Only know copper, platinum, iridium. What's good about this new one? 

Cu BEST sia ...... NGK, Denso ......4 for $16.  40kkm hor.  110 -16 = A Few Roast Duck sia !!

a spark is a spark.

whether it's produced by a copper, iridium, platinum, ruthenium, etc.

the engine doesn't know the difference and doesn't care as long as there's a spark at the right time and space for ignition.

the push is for longevity vs cost between the different material.

i heard people justify iridium on a flat engine like subaru, bcuz it's harder to change a plug there or the labour cost is higher.

for most people, they don't care, copper is cheap and good, it works fine.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Apple-Tree said:

Cu BEST sia ...... NGK, Denso ......4 for $16.  40kkm hor.  110 -16 = A Few Roast Duck sia !!

Iridium lasts almost forever. Probably never have to change. I replaced mine last year with iridium plugs. Old one (probably original set) still good at 80k km. Won't be changing for the next 9 years or till car is sold.

• Praise 3

i used to spend a lot of time, energy and money on "enhanced" performance stuff, like iridium, platinum plug, redline water wetter, the best synthetic oil, etc.

Until i got a beat up VW van. It is when you're dealing with high engine temp, coolant leaking, that makes you realize, you don't need the top of the performance stuff. You don't need water wetter, you don't need high pressure radiator cap, you just need a working thermostat. None of those so-called performance stuff will help the car, when you have a real problem that need to be fixed.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

31 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

What's water wetter

Redline water wetter

image.png.485f418fb46cd1b420cb3872b1525b49.png

Amazon review

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R4QHC7TB6O40V/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_viewpnt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B000CPI5ZK#R4QHC7TB6O40V

5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff is MAGIC.

Reviewed in the United States on January 3, 2019

Size: 12 Ounce BottleVerified Purchase

I love this Water Wetter stuff. I use it on my Turbo Miata to help with cooling, because everyone knows how hot a Miata engine bay gets.. now imagine with a turbo!

It's not lying, I used the correct amount of Redline as per instruction and my coolant temperature across the board dropped by around 20 degrees F.

Using mostly coolant concentrate and some water, my car would overheat. Stupid.
I then drained and did a 50/50 mix and still the same so I went and got this Water Wetter. Now I run about 15-20% coolant and the rest distilled water, with the proper Redline mixture. Temps went from 217ish to 194 steady.

• Haha! 1

A car has a very good cooling system but motorcycles do not have good cooling systems so they need very good coolant.

So I put a motor cycle coolant in my car and I use Maxima cool aid 

:grin: 

image.thumb.png.bc435f8d734e362a607369a429120697.png

• Haha! 1

Why do we use good coolant and not plain water?

As someone here said when your radiator is leaking you have real problems.

Radiators leak when its rusty and water helps radiators to rust.

Good coolant contain rust inhibitors so your radiator won't rust in the first place.

And then you wont get real problems.

Which spark plug is the best?

If you can change it yourself then its copper.

If you drive a boxer or a Latio then its iridium as its hard to access the plugs to change them.

• Praise 2

Which oil is the best?

The one that you change often according to specs

If you drive and never change engine oil then its the longest life synthetic oil.

Like Motul, M1, Castrol, Redline and Amsoil.

2 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Iridium lasts almost forever. Probably never have to change. I replaced mine last year with iridium plugs. Old one (probably original set) still good at 80k km. Won't be changing for the next 9 years or till car is sold.

I ever use Iridium once.  60 odd kkm, the Misfire already become unbearable lor.   At normal time, typical misfire is less than 10 times ba.  Usually, 2~5 times is normal lor.

When it reach around 30 times, I usually change lor.  For that Iridium, the plug, no carbon, slightly yellowish and clean.  And the gap size is out lor .....2mm compare to 1mm ??  Can't remember lor.

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

A car has a very good cooling system but motorcycles do not have good cooling systems so they need very good coolant.

So I put a motor cycle coolant in my car and I use Maxima cool aid 

image.thumb.png.bc435f8d734e362a607369a429120697.png

Car STOCK Coolant from Factory BEST.  My car 3 years already, still green green.  Why change if it isn't broken .......heeee

↡ Advertisement