Certis Cisco officer, 42, found dead with gunshot wound at East Coast Park, didn't return weapon after work

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

Certis Cisco officer, 42, found dead with gunshot wound at East Coast Park, didn't return weapon after work

source: https://mothership.sg/2020/09/certis-cisco-officer-pistol/

image-screenshot-via-Google-Maps-street-

[UPDATE at 6:00pm on Sep. 20: This article has been updated to include statements from the Singapore Police Force and Certis Cisco]

An auxiliary policeman was found dead at East Coast Park with a gunshot wound to his head on Saturday early morning, Sep. 19.

The Singapore Police Force (SPF) had been searching for the 42-year-old male officer after being notified by Certis Cisco at 1:33am on Sep. 19 that he did not return his service revolver after work, SPF said in response to media queries.

He was found about five hours later, at 6:16am on Saturday morning in the vicinity of Carpark C2 of East Coast Park, together with his weapon.

Paramedics at the scene pronounced him dead at 7.48am.

SPF said that no foul play is suspected and that police investigations are ongoing.

Deputy Assistant Commissioner of Police (DAC) Julian Chee, who is the Commander of the Certis Cisco Auxiliary Police Force told Mothership:

“We are deeply saddened to learn that one of our auxiliary police officers has passed away. We are in contact with his next-of-kin and will provide our support and assistance to them in this difficult time. Certis is assisting the Police in the ongoing investigations."

Helplines:

SOS 24-hour Hotline: 1800-221-4444

Singapore Association for Mental Health: 1800-283-7019

Institute of Mental Health: 6389-2222 (24 hours)

Tinkle Friend: 1800-274-4788 (for primary school-aged children)

Care Corner Counselling Centre (Mandarin): 1800-353-5800

↡ Advertisement
  • Sad 1

I notice now the news media dont use the words "commit suicide" anymore.

This is dunno number XX case for certis cisco officer to kill himself. IMO the company need to send all of their employees for mental health checkup. RIP. 

Didn't know this kinda job is so depressing.

And so many times they can dont return arms? Something is wrong.

Edited by Watwheels

22 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

This is dunno number XX case for certis cisco officer to kill himself. IMO the company need to send all of their employees for mental health checkup. RIP. 

Guess the job might be stressful, so lead to depression?

Internal Moderator

It could be a lifestyle also. Security job is very monotone. Just pass time only. people tend to pick up some bad addict like drinking, gambling, drug and hookering to make their life more interesting. But these kinds of stuff have their own risks. you play and you cannot control, you will go down the spiral.

Highly recommend that those who want to renew their security license need to undergo a mental health check.

• Praise 4

4 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Probably the guy did not show up to send arms after his duty is over. 

RIP to the poor fella, one must have been driven really hard by the situation to commit suicide. I believe it could be due to other factors other than the job.

• Praise 4

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 10:31 AM, kobayashiGT said:

It could be a lifestyle also. Security job is very monotone. Just pass time only. people tend to pick up some bad addict like drinking, gambling, drug and hookering to make their life more interesting. But these kinds of stuff have their own risks. you play and you cannot control, you will go down the spiral.

Highly recommend that those who want to renew their security license need to undergo a mental health check.

Hmmmmm................ experience person can talk very well ...

Emoticon 29.jpg

• Haha! 3

Somehow we have quite a number of such cases involving CISCO officers or rather they are the only one with arms beside police. Do they really need to be armed given our strict arm control in Singapore? For high risks areas, probably more stringent screening and higher level of training is required. How about other forms of protections for the officer before any mishap to public. 

Internal Moderator
6 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Somehow we have quite a number of such cases involving CISCO officers or rather they are the only one with arms beside police. Do they really need to be armed given our strict arm control in Singapore? For high risks areas, probably more stringent screening and higher level of training is required. How about other forms of protections for the officer before any mishap to public. 

Issue them taser gun instead.

o-TSA-CONFISCATES-STUN-GUN-facebook.jpg&

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Hmmmmm................ experience person can talk very well ...

Emoticon 29.jpg

I try not to touch any vices these days. Once bitten twice shy.

The only vice I have is gasoline.

• Haha! 1

20 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Issue them taser gun instead.

o-TSA-CONFISCATES-STUN-GUN-facebook.jpg&

This is a good idea but recently many cases the person shot is not affected by it. Maybe the voltage set too low? 

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

I try not to touch any vices these days. Once bitten twice shy.

The only vice I have is gasoline.

why gasoline..... you substance abuse tat izzit?? or U tamper with fuel gauge 🤣? Poor gas oso kenna vice nowadaze  

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Internal Moderator
41 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

why gasoline..... you substance abuse tat izzit?? or U tamper with fuel gauge 🤣? Poor gas oso kenna vice nowadaze  

I only spend money on gasoline lah. I never spend on any vices.

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Victor68 said:

This is a good idea but recently many cases the person shot is not affected by it. Maybe the voltage set too low? 

then taser shotgun lor.

article-1202736-062B2E61000005DC-387_468

This one sure need to return arms too. So big, how to carry go out walk walk.

Bean bag shotgun.

If the perp not scared pain pain then little old 38 is not going to be of use.

Safer for public. Better conditions for rent a cop as well.

Kuku rent a cop do a philipine tour bus thing, hosay hosay.

↡ Advertisement