Simple home DIY repairs

Lala81

On 12/14/2021 at 10:04 PM, Ct3833 said:

A couple of my aircon remotes are in the same condition. Used the alu surface of a coffee packaging bag to replace the bad one. Top one is the bad one, middle one is the replaced ome, lowest piece is the good one. Just counted, i have 7 more bad one to replace😪. Mitsubishi remote CMI. 

Screenshot_20211214-215057_Gallery.thumb.jpg.68c90aef3ab88c8bf9f59d41ae44b612.jpg

Err how many years old is your remote. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Have to say this man is quite a DIYer. 

Great skills.  BUT very terrible for the economy!  Especially when he wants to pass down the furniture to his kids!

Note to self - don't invest in furniture companies....

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Err how many years old is your remote. 

About 8 years 😅. 8 out of 12 have this problem, some hardly used. I may buy those compatible remote  from lazada or shopee instead. Too much effort to peel the reflective paper😃

Edited by Ct3833

20 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

About 8 years 😅. 8 out of 12 have this problem, some hardly used. I may buy those compatible remote  from lazada or shopee instead. Too much effort to peel the reflective paper😃

Hmm OK. I have two starmex remotes used often for 8 years in prev place. Quite OK 

• Praise 1

I have 2 each of the following LED E27 bulbs, 2700k yellow, anyone keen please PM me. It is free but self pick up.😃

Oops  sorry, bulbs reserved by a MCFer. Thanks. 

20211219_140945.jpg

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 4

My old wall fan, PowerPac died, it was not turning and making screeching noises. I strip it and tried to repair but the sleeve bearings were shot. Check internet and found KDK saying why you should use ball bearing on a wall fan; and all their fans have ball bearings, although it seemed to be less publicized. I think that's the reason why I also had 3 cheap Toyomi wall fans died previously and I've not learnt.

https://www.kdk.com.my/customer-services/tips-guide/general-fans/why-wall-fan-needs-ball-bearing/#info

So I decided to order a cheaper Sona 18" power fan, with 100% full copper ball bearing motor, as this was half the price of KDK. It was quite heavy, so I put heavy duty metal expansion bolt for the top, and plastic wall plugs at the bottom. Motor has 5 yr warranty, quite impressive.

sonapwrf.jpg

sonap2.jpg

• Praise 5

On 12/16/2021 at 12:32 PM, Lala81 said:

Have to say this man is quite a DIYer. 

At home every day have to dress like that to match the decor... 

• Haha! 4

The lcd display on my weighing scale didn't last long. The silver tape that I used ad backing became transparent in the middle. 

This time I used the whitest A4 paper I can find and cut it to size to use as backing. Not easy to install without adhesive. Keep dropping off. Eventually manage to put everything in place with alot patience. 

IMG_20220120_230314.jpg

IMG_20220120_230633.jpg

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 7

I  bought these concrete screws from Amazon. Can't find them locally or in Shopee. They are also called tapcons and are used for masonry. It's a bit pricey, but very convenient to use. If I want to screw something onto a wall, I just use the rotary hammer with the correct size bit and drill the hole over the material into the wall. Then drive the screw directly into the hole. No need to insert a wall plug.

It's useful in situations, like when I'm holding a flimsy plastic trunking on one hand, holding the drill on the other, and trying to put a screw over it into the wall. 😁

confast.jpg

• Praise 7

11 hours ago, Kb27 said:

I  bought these concrete screws from Amazon. Can't find them locally or in Shopee. They are also called tapcons and are used for masonry. It's a bit pricey, but very convenient to use. If I want to screw something onto a wall, I just use the rotary hammer with the correct size bit and drill the hole over the material into the wall. Then drive the screw directly into the hole. No need to insert a wall plug.

It's useful in situations, like when I'm holding a flimsy plastic trunking on one hand, holding the drill on the other, and trying to put a screw over it into the wall. 😁

confast.jpg

You need to bite the plastic plug and screw in your mouth, like what a professional do.:D

• Haha! 1

11 hours ago, Kb27 said:

confast.jpg

This taobao a lot what

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Kb27 said:

Can post a link ?

【淘宝】https://m.tb.cn/h.fN73L6W?tk=bomA2VguRHo「304不锈钢自攻螺丝十字沉头螺丝木螺钉加长平头螺丝钉M2M3M4M5M6」
点击链接直接打开

• Praise 1

13 hours ago, Kb27 said:

confast.jpg

14 minutes ago, Mustank said:

【淘宝】https://m.tb.cn/h.fN73L6W?tk=bomA2VguRHo「304不锈钢自攻螺丝十字沉头螺丝木螺钉加长平头螺丝钉M2M3M4M5M6」
点击链接直接打开

@Mustank 's one looks like woodscrew... But the concrete one from amazon and wood screw from taobao  looks similar...  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1