Simple home DIY repairs

Lala81

4 hours ago, Kklim said:

Have a piece of solid polycarbonate sheet (5-6mm thick). Anyone knows a place that provides cutting service? Want to resize into plant shelves. TIA

I think Dama can do it - they are around Kaki Bukit area where the car workshops are (behind The Frontier) .... google them ...... now the question is ......can they do cutting of your material (they do sell complete material + fabrication)  

Dama Trading Pte ltd 

3029A Ubi Rd 3, #01-98/99, Singapore 408661

Edited by BanCoe
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

@Kb27 and other screw expert.

Some screw is missing from my kids tennis ball trolley. I measured the diameter of the thread to be 3mm against a ruler (I don't have vernier calipers). Visually it looks about right for a M4 screw.

Am i correct? 

Somehow this thread diameter thing is not very easily google-able. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_metric_screw_thread

Edited by Lala81

Maybe i switch to a nylock nut to reduce the chance of loosening. Cos the wheel is held by 10mm screw with a hex nut behind. 

I'm missing 1 hex nut anyway, need to replace it.

Edited by Lala81

27 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

@Kb27 and other screw expert.

Some screw is missing from my kids tennis ball trolley. I measured the diameter of the thread to be 3mm against a ruler (I don't have vernier calipers). Visually it looks about right for a M4 screw.

Am i correct? 

Somehow this thread diameter thing is not very easily google-able. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_metric_screw_thread

It's hard to tell, without a vernier. Maybe just find some M3 or M4 screws and try out.

Nyloc is useful to prevent nut from coming loose due to vibration.

• Praise 2

3 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

It's hard to tell, without a vernier. Maybe just find some M3 or M4 screws and try out.

Nyloc is useful to prevent nut from coming loose due to vibration.

haha ok. Nvm just buy first and see how. What is the worst can happen, just end up with more screws lol.

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

haha ok. Nvm just buy first and see how. What is the worst can happen, just end up with more screws lol.

Bicycle bottle cage screws are M5. Can try to ensure it is not M5 or bigger. 

Update. 

Screws and nylock nut arrived. However with the washer and only a 1cm screw, the nylock nut is not fully utilised (end of screw just reaches the end of the nut). 

But OK lah. Good enough. Was originally considering just change all 7 other nuts to nylock nuts but since the length of the screws are all 10mm. Hold off first. Just change as needed. 

20220923_152136_compress84.jpg

20220923_153009_compress59.jpg

• Praise 2

28 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Update. 

Screws and nylock nut arrived. However with the washer and only a 1cm screw, the nylock nut is not fully utilised (end of screw just reaches the end of the nut). 

But OK lah. Good enough. Was originally considering just change all 7 other nuts to nylock nuts but since the length of the screws are all 10mm. Hold off first. Just change as needed. 

20220923_152136_compress84.jpg

20220923_153009_compress59.jpg

There's enough space, could've gotten longer screws like 14mm.  😁

• Haha! 1

DIY water heater, with water pressure pump. No need for license eletrical work... 😂😂

Edited by Ender
  • Haha! 3

15 hours ago, Ender said:

DIY water heater, with water pressure pump. No need for license eletrical work... 😂😂

This one looks like no earthing hor. Water is the best electricity conductor hor. Never try it 😆

14 hours ago, Ender said:

Maybe a spoof...

should be... try to seal a round curved surface hole to a pipe I think is near impossible without wielding or soldering.

Guys, anyone got any idea what is the problem if the aircon blower wheel delay in spinning, like delayed 3-5min? But once it starts spinning is normal again. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Hi all! 

Need some advice here. 

My place the kitchen faucet base is loose and wobbly. 

Went down on my back to see what is happening. 

20221109_202700-picsay.jpg.3f722be2dca38995a008cdd8581f47f3.jpg20221109_202853-picsay.thumb.jpg.362223d7085c99515a613adf47b86ea0.jpg

I see a horseshoe shaped metal plate that seem to be doing the job of securing the faucet to the kitchen top. It seem to be tighten down by the main water hose. There are no other screws or bolts that i can see. I assume i just need to tighten down the hex shaped pipe connector. 

Question is, what is the best tool to use for this? 

Saw online sink wrenches but the space is really tight... 

3 hours ago, Vratenza said:

Hi all! 

Need some advice here. 

20221109_202700-picsay.jpg.3f722be2dca38995a008cdd8581f47f3.jpg20221109_202853-picsay.thumb.jpg.362223d7085c99515a613adf47b86ea0.jpg

I see a horseshoe shaped metal plate that seem to be doing the job of securing the faucet to the kitchen top. It seem to be tighten down by the main water hose. There are no other screws or bolts that i can see. I assume i just need to tighten down the hex shaped pipe connector. 

Picture not very clear but most kitchen and basin faucet works the same way. You do need a special tool to tighten it from below. Something like those use for car sparkplugs but bigger diameter. Go to a hardware shop and they will show you.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Vratenza said:

Hi all! 

Need some advice here. 

You design is so tight. Good luck to struggle on how to get it done, you need to find the right tool to get it done. Maybe even bring a better picture to the hardware shop to buy the right wrench. 

Another way I used to do is to turn both top and bottom to an offset angle just before it is tight and them twist from the top to desired position to tighten while holding the bottom

↡ Advertisement