Simple home DIY repairs

Lala81

11 hours ago, Count-Bracula said:

Counted the total number of panels and added 5m to it but missed out counting the side because blocked by fridge. 😖

Anyway, this kitchen cabinet is already 24 years old and was actually thinking of renovating the kitchen, getting a new set of kitchen cabinet. But new kitchen and old other parts of the house just seem strange.

Kitchen cabinet is $100-$250 per foot run for basic setup and I only spent $125 for the 25m roll of laminate sticker.

Will post pictures once completed and kitchen tidied up. Very messy atm.

Respect bro!

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

18 minutes ago, Count-Bracula said:

Bro @Mustank

I just completed my refurbish of old kitchen cabinets. Damn tired. I may want to touch up the countertop too but have not decided which one to order. So many choices!

IMG20210320184743.thumb.jpg.5f31224a58c290b3559a113288a70a3c.jpg

IMG20210320184723.jpg

Wah!! You more hardcore than me!! 

respect!!!!

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

18 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Wah!! You more hardcore than me!! 

respect!!!!

I am thinking of doing the kitchen floor also but scared the online seller send wrong pattern or colour. Lazada don't hold back payment, not like Qoo10, until buyer confirm satisfied with product?

4 minutes ago, Count-Bracula said:

I am thinking of doing the kitchen floor also but scared the online seller send wrong pattern or colour. Lazada don't hold back payment, not like Qoo10, until buyer confirm satisfied with product?

What u going to do with the floor? 

DIY clip on HERF? 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

22 minutes ago, Count-Bracula said:

You want to paste stuff on the floor? 

bare tiles are better feel leh

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi, one of my socket outlet (those that are flushed with the wall) is loose. I tried to tighten back the screw but it is still loose. Any idea how to fix this?

14 minutes ago, Fatboy said:

Hi, one of my socket outlet (those that are flushed with the wall) is loose. I tried to tighten back the screw but it is still loose. Any idea how to fix this?

Must have cracked...need a new housing base...or use cement nail and pray the socket won't fail until you move house😁

Supersonic
On 3/20/2021 at 8:03 PM, Count-Bracula said:

I'm laying over the floor with non-slip sticky pvc paper

https://shopee.sg/Thicken-Bathroom-Kitchen-Non-Slip-Floor-Tile-Sticker-Self-Adhesive-Waterproof-Bedroom-Living-Room-Vinyl-Floor-Stickers-i.287615458.4061510179

Bcuz my tiles are too slippery when oily or wet.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
Just now, mersaylee said:

Where's your application? 

Now, in bedroom first, bcuz my toddler runs around, the tile is slippery when wet.

I'm also looking at slip treatment on kitchen floor. And maybe more non-slip stickies on top.

It's for safety.

7 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

Now, in bedroom first, bcuz my toddler runs around, the tile is slippery when wet.

I'm also looking at slip treatment on kitchen floor. And maybe more non-slip stickies on top.

It's for safety.

I let my kids learned by allowing run and fall then cry father cry mother...no more running in the house thereafter. Yes, bad parenting...hard truth...i learned it the hard way myself... 😁

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
11 hours ago, Fatboy said:

I reattached mine with silicon glue. I had a piece of furniture to press against it for a few hours while the silicon dries.

Turbocharged

Bathroom tile grout lines are coming off. Intending to re-grout. Has anyone used any product which is lasting? Any recommendation?

Tried many times using those white cement or white clay but they drop out within a week of application despite letting it dry for 2 days.

1 hour ago, Kxbc said:

Bathroom tile grout lines are coming off. Intending to re-grout. Has anyone used any product which is lasting? Any recommendation?

Tried many times using those white cement or white clay but they drop out within a week of application despite letting it dry for 2 days.

The inner grout lines may be still damp when you apply anything. Keep it out of bound for a day or use hairdryer to heat up the lines before application with sealant property. Horme should have...

https://www.horme.com.sg/

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
4 hours ago, Kxbc said:

you can try epoxy grout.

https://davco-online.com.sg/index.php/davco-epoxy-grout-400ml.html

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2