2021 BMW M3 And M4 Revealed: Aggressive Looks, 503 HP, And A Manual

kobayashiGT

On 9/30/2020 at 5:08 PM, Wolfverine said:

I know on pictures, the grills for G12, G05, G06 look really out of proportion but in real life, they are not that bad. In fact, I quite like the size/looks of the new grills on the G05 an G06 🙂

Returning to the G80/82, on picture I too cannot accept the looks.... curious and looking forward to seeing it in real life.

Then again, different strokes for different folks....

That's because the bigger grilles are still proportional to bigger body styles such as the 7, X5 and X6. On these cars, especially the fronts, are more upright and stout to carry off the bigger grilles better. So its not surprising that they are less of an eye sore to you in real life, to me as well. 

Objectively speaking, this M3/M4 which has a lower bonnet line and slimmer front, thus the grilles looked really out of proportions. I guess its done distinctively this way to create the maximum design impact for a new model. Unfortunately, it turned out jarring in this execution. A polarized design it is to gather maximum eyeballs on the internet, a pretty design it is not! 

Having said that, I won't be surprised the beaver tooth grille will be toned down and refined in the next LCI, as they did to the infamous Bangle-era designs. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1