Can an expired credit card still valid for use

Wheelslover

16 hours ago, sake said:

same here.

bank cancelled my 28 year old credit card (one of the very few gold card left in Singapore) due to a fraudulent online transaction and gave me a new platinum credit card.

i had been resisting the bank's numerous attempts to get me to give up that gold card.

had to redo all my recurring deductions.

Wah siong.

singapore island country club, sentosa golf club, tanah merah country club, bentley owners club, 6 KTV memberships, 4 condo MCST, etc....  i pity you....

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

On 9/25/2020 at 6:08 PM, Wheelslover said:

Can someone familiar with credit card transaction advice on this matter?

I signed up for an online course in 2019, it was charge to my credit card on a yearly basis and i've the card details saved in the merchant's portal.  This Sept is the 2nd year billing, i dont intend to renew and forgotten to cancel with the merchant - they had already billed to my card.  I noticed my card had expired in Jun, so why can can the transaction still went through?   I called the bank, they took few days to investigate and responded back saying  this is possible cos the transaction is recurring so they cannot stop it. Is the bank correct ? cos i feel this is a security issue.

it is slightly different for me so just sharing it here....

I had 3 mobile lines with M1, each with a different account.  So I set up GIRO payment for all 3 bills via my credit card.

Recently, I terminated 2 mobile lines with M1 and was surprised that the GIRO payment for my 3rd account was rejected.  I thought all 3 GIROs were set up together so they would be terminated together also??

I called up the bank and learnt that the expiration date for my credit card was not updated on M1's end....and the funny thing is that this coincide with the termination of my 2 mobile lines.

In order to update my credit card's new expiration date, I must contact M1 via phone...cannot be done online or through other means.

24 minutes ago, BoneStock said:

it is slightly different for me so just sharing it here....

I had 3 mobile lines with M1, each with a different account.  So I set up GIRO payment for all 3 bills via my credit card.

Recently, I terminated 2 mobile lines with M1 and was surprised that the GIRO payment for my 3rd account was rejected.  I thought all 3 GIROs were set up together so they would be terminated together also??

I called up the bank and learnt that the expiration date for my credit card was not updated on M1's end....and the funny thing is that this coincide with the termination of my 2 mobile lines.

In order to update my credit card's new expiration date, I must contact M1 via phone...cannot be done online or through other means.

Use M1 CC to set up your payment arrangement or make payment

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Use M1 CC to set up your payment arrangement or make payment

thanks!  I have decided to pay via online AXS as I will be terminating the last mobile line with them when the contract expires....soon.

Advisory:

Those on Budget Direct better be careful.

I vaguely remember ABOUT AUTO RENEWAL DEDUCTION by CC.

They sent you a SMS and EMAIL Reminding you 1 month before deduction.  You may have pass it off as a ADV sms or email or end up in Junk lor.

This year I change to FWD, money PAID.

So I go Budget Direct Portal, THERE IS NO OPTION TO CHANGE PAYMENT PROFILE one ..... MUST CALL CS.

I email CS and I for confirmation NOT to DEDUCE via CC lor....

↡ Advertisement