2021 2nd Generation Honda Vezel / HR-V

Carbon82

Jazz petrol vs Jazz Hybrid different $3-5k

HRV Petrol vs HRV Hybrid different $34k

this really make HRV hybrid not value for money

Edited by wongpumpkins
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

@wongpumpkins govt still say push for greener transport, when Hybrid and EV cost way more than normal ICE version. Hybrid should be the in between for people to buy car in 2022 to 2030 with the EV charging infrastructure building up ready for no ICE in 2030 but hybrid cost more also don’t make any sense, just like Tesla road tax is $2K or $5K based on variant, all don’t make any sense. 

Edited by Fellows
  • Praise 2

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Any clue will AD bring LX variant just like pre HR-V? And does the new DX variant come with Honda Sensing? 

Edit: I downloaded the pricelist, saw there are two price - DX , and DX+, wondering what are the differences. 

Edited by TurboSkyHawk

(edited)

After looking at the US version of HR-V in this video, I think the Japanese design version is way way nicer! US version look like crap.

Edited by Fellows

(edited)

The preview of Thai Top spec HR-V RS hybrid version front diamond grill look so nice. Interior equipments given also very good but that vintage infotainment design is bad. He is waiting for the official launch in Malaysia to test the 1.5L Turbo version.

Edited by Fellows

Turbocharged
46 minutes ago, Fellows said:

After looking at the US version of HR-V in this video, I think the Japanese design version is way way nicer! US version look like crap.

I came across this car review article.

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2023-honda-hr-v-first-drive-review/

The US-version HR-V is based on the Civic whereas the global version is based on the Fit/Jazz.

• Praise 1

Saw the Kah Motor new HR-V also the PI Vezel, seem like both similar with the front line design grill. The diamond grill design that Thailand and Malaysia is nicer though. 

Is it because ours is Made In Japan thus ours follow JDM front line grill design , while Malaysia and Thailand is locally assembled so they have diamond grill front.

Edited by Fellows

On 10/1/2022 at 4:29 PM, Fellows said:

Saw the Kah Motor new HR-V also the PI Vezel, seem like both similar with the front line design grill. The diamond grill design that Thailand and Malaysia is nicer though. 

Is it because ours is Made In Japan thus ours follow JDM front line grill design , while Malaysia and Thailand is locally assembled so they have diamond grill front.

Did u do the test drive? I find that u floor the paddle, the drive doesn’t give u the “kick”.. tats why in msia, Honda said 12% buy hybrid, 50+% buy petrol Turbo variant… cos only Turbo brings out the kick to drive this car. 

i saw sgcarmart PI vezel 1.5G petrol selling price around $125K to $135K vs HRV $148k...i wonder the different between vezel and HRV is the rear aircon/accessories but engine and safety feature is the same..

32 minutes ago, Streamium70 said:

@wongpumpkins visited Kah Motor today.  What i understand is PI's vezel is VES A2 ($15k rebate) while Kah's Motor's HRV is VES B (no rebate).  Not sure why diff banding for the same car

Is the PI version similarly equipped and has that savings? 
Otherwise the VES B car is more worth it.

30 minutes ago, therock said:

Is the PI version similarly equipped and has that savings? 
Otherwise the VES B car is more worth it.

seems the same based on online specs, doesn't seem to have significant differences but then again PIs normally don't write all the specs. But somehow the PIs variant have higher OMV, and looking at sgcm, they all state to have $0 VES rebate/surcharge